Customer Discussions > Romance forum

HP discussion. Good bad and inbetween.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3151-3175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 13, 2012 12:56:01 PM PDT
hiker says:
Gentle Savage just okay... the H has liked the h since she was 18.. she heard him tell one of his many lady friends that he pretty much was in the relationship for the smex.... so she doesn't have a high opinion of him... he tricks her into being engaged.... then ignores her for a bit... then they decide to marry one of him woman come out of the woodwork to tell the h all about the H... how she the married ow will have him in the end etc... they marry talk it out... hea...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 2:13:50 PM PDT
boggenhagen: in Thunder on the Reef by Sara Craven, did they sleep with other people during the separation? How long were they apart. Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 3:05:36 PM PDT
boogenhagen says:
IIRC - they were apart for a few years and no one slept with anyone else (at least it wasn't mentioned if they did), basically the h was kinda spoilt and the H had to prove himself etc. All in all in was pretty mild for SC.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 5:04:10 PM PDT
hiker says:
The Wayward Wife saw this one reviewed on gr.... liked it... story had more drama near the end

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 1:19:04 AM PDT
Michigangirl says:
I just finished WW also because of Goodreads. It was interesting but I thought the ending was pretty blah. I felt vaguely reminded of Mona Lisa Smile the movie because it seemed to be set in womens rights just starting out but most people still doing the hubby first rule.

I don't think the selfishness of the hero was ever really shown up. I believe that he loved her and wouldn't cheat on her, but I also believe that he did a lot of emotional manipulation to have her do the things he wanted and it never really went past that. I admit when he cooked his own dinner later in the book I was shocked that the man actually knew how to cook. Half the time he was grumbling about his dinner and she was hurrying off to make it.

It just didn't really seem to ever go anywhere.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 12:17:16 PM PDT
hiker says:
Echo in the Valley just finished this one... not bad.... not great... there is alot of drama... a secret child... and a crazy ow... the hero's excuse about the ow is very lame... jmo he says she just like a child ... but she drives a car, dress herself to the nines and can say really hurtful things to the h an its all good.... she can even got it when the h told her after a hurtful comment... if she wanted milk... so i'm thinking she's not braindamaged as the hero lets on...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 7:15:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 7:15:35 PM PDT
Reader in NJ says:
Hiker, I remember reading "Echo in the Valley" years ago and didn't care for it too much. I can't believe that the H didn't realize that by always catering to the OW's needs whenever she stopped by he was hurting the h. He also never told her how he felt about her which just fed her insecurities. Even when the h came back, and he realized what she had been through he still continued to put the OW first. Then he wondered why the h didn't want to get back together with him. He only finally "saw the light" when the h was almost killed. To me, that was too little too late. I figured that if she didn't have that accident he would have continued putting the OW first and wouldn't explain anything to the h. Overall not a very good book.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 7:41:25 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 16, 2012 7:55:18 AM PDT
Vanessa says:
The review on that says he chokes the h. Sounds a bit extreme. Um...is that when she is almost killed? LOL! Some how I doubt it, but ....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 9:23:04 AM PDT
hiker says:
no she wrecks her car taking off from the hero to go visit a friend ... the friend doesn't get out that she is alive an the hero is beside himself

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 10:10:39 AM PDT
thanks boogenhagen for the information regarding Thunder on the Reef by Sara Craven.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 7:55:50 AM PDT
Vanessa says:
LOL! Guess he didn't care about choking her then, huh?

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 1:14:16 PM PDT
Chele says:
Can someone please help me with this HP title? The hs father passed away and left the family destitute. She needs to support her younger sister and her mother. So she reinvents herself and changes her name and becomes a famous model to support her mother and sister. The H does not know or isn't interested in anything personal with the h. His main concern is for her to act as a mistress and be available to him. They have been together for awhile and live together when he is in town (Paris?) She finds out she is pregnant. The H has already made it known that he is not interested in marriage or children. While he goes away on business, the h quits her modeling job, dyes her hair back to her original color and goes to spend time with her married sister.

The H tries to find her. He happens to attend a party at a business associate's home (maybe in New York). It is the home of the hs sister and BIL. She tries to avoid him but he insists on talking. He turns out to be a decent H and wants to marry and take care of her.

Some of the details I might be confusing with other stories. I hope someone can help.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 1:28:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 24, 2012 1:29:28 PM PDT
boogenhagen says:
The Billionaire's Pregnant Mistress (Harlequin Presents) by Lucy Monroe- he starts out dumping her then has to beg for her to come back. He was going to marry another woman for his grandfather's health.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 1:32:13 PM PDT
Chele says:
boogenhagen-lol, I knew I could count on you :) I am in the mood to re-read this today. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 2:58:19 PM PDT
boogenhagen says:
Hurray! I am happy I could help, enjoy the reading :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 3:50:58 PM PDT
Reader in NJ says:
Regarding that book by LM - she once stated that she wrote that book because of JB's Marriage At His Convenience (Wedlocked) (Presents, 2196). Lucy didn't like the fact that in JB's book, the H did give up the h to marry the woman his family wanted him to marry. I liked LM's book because he decided to his own and rather quickly that the h was the woman for him.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 4:20:14 PM PDT
boogenhagen says:
I really liked MAHC - more than the LM book actually - I know this is going to be one of those agree to disagree books LOL :P - but I thought it was hilarious that the H was so insecure about getting back with the h that he had to lie, coerce and blackmail. She on the other hand was so ready to go with him that all she could think was "at least I'll get the greatest sex of my life out of it when I thought I would never have sex again". I thought it was a very funny book.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 24, 2012 8:12:27 PM PDT
Reader in NJ says:
Boogenhagen, both books are in my "keeper box." LOL I like re-reading MAHC just to recall how annoyed I was with the H. I laughed at how jealous he got when he thought that the h was talking to her male friend on ths phone -- instead she was speaking with her father. But, I didn't like the way he treated her both during their affair, before he got married, while he was married and later when he blackmailed her to marry him. This book had more angst the LM book.

In LM's book it amused me when the H couldn't believe that the h wanted proof that he wasn't married. He expected her to believe him but she wouldn't without the proof.

Both books are good -- in different ways.

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 8:37:58 PM PDT
If you have read the newest Lucy Monroe's HP, what do you all think about it. I don't think I could forgive and hop back in his bed so quickly. It had been 6 years and she was still that hung up on him.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 12:38:16 AM PDT
Chele says:
Reader in NJ-I didn't realize I had MaHC in my tbr pile. I am done with TBPM and still liked it :) Now I'm off to read Jacqueline Baird's book.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2012 6:45:34 AM PDT
Vanessa says:
Which one? Is is Heart of a Desert Warrior Is it any good? So what happened? Did he walk away and she sat around? Is it worth the read?

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 6:47:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 25, 2012 6:51:45 PM PDT
hiker says:
The Passionate Winter just finished this one ... an okay read the h starts going out with one guy but ends up dating the father.. the son came on too strong at the fathers house.. the father drives her home and he continues to show up after that... the father is a former race car driver..... the son plays match maker at the end....

Marriage at His Convenience (Presents, 2196) i really liked this one too. (saw were everyone was "talking about it").. had alot of drama.... i really thought he regreted marrying the first wife... i hated the way he treated the h during all that... i really thought he wanted her back bad at the end... in real life there is no way someone would wait around for that jerk or give in to any type of blackmail... but it made great reading...

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 6:54:59 PM PDT
hiker says:
Driving Force (Harlequin Presents) read this one due to michigangirls review... liked it... the couple divorce because the h thought the hero would wreck his race car and kill himself and she doesn't want to be around to see it.... she goes to nurse him after a wreck due to his mother pleading with her.... she starts dating his doctor... finds out he called out for her after his wreck for days.... he invites one of his old lovers for a visit.... they end up patching things up... but he races again.. retires then comes for her...

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 8:43:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 25, 2012 8:46:30 PM PDT
Michigangirl says:
I'm trying to read Return of the Moralis Wife right now. Digging the heroine and her attitude, even though I see she's going to turn into a weak do anything for him because he's so hot and the s.x is good...I mean, because she LOVES him so much.. But really, the hero reminds me of the dense idiot stupid arrogant throw him off a bridge a few times hero from The Sicilian's Virgin Bride and I'm having a hard time with it because I really want to jump into the book and bash him in the head a few times. T_T

ETA

PS, I really want some of these poor little people that the heroine has to sacrifice herself to save to just stand up to her and say, how dare you play the martyr for me. I never once asked you to do anything like that. I'm an adult and can take care of myself. I don't need you to play the victim and treat me like a stupid drudge/child who can't do anything for themselves.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2012 6:44:55 AM PDT
Vanessa says:
The Sicilian's Virgin Bride and we also whack him a few times before tossing him off the bridge. Oh wait...I'm not dragging him back up to toss over again! LOL! I'll let you do that. The Moralis wife one is in my dTBR pile.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  239
Total posts:  9953
Initial post:  Feb 25, 2011
Latest post:  3 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 58 customers

Search Customer Discussions