Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

HP discussion. Good bad and inbetween.

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3276-3300 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 12:14:23 PM PDT
Michigangirl says:
But Anna's husband didn't see through Anna, or maybe he did. Because if he really saw through her, he would have known that despite Anna wanting something to be going on, there really wasn't anything.

Also, he didn't really seem to care whether or not there was something going on, only cared that they kept it to themselves instead of sharing with the world.

For him, the hero made up for the slip by trying to cover it up with the wedding ring, so it's not like he had to tell him to be careful or stop being so obvious. The hero was covering it up, no matter how obvious. It was his wife that was practically informing his whole family that hey, we had sex all day long despite the hero trying to rush it. And we're covering it up with this lame-o excuse that no one in their right mind would accept.

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 1:02:57 PM PDT
Vanessa says:
Yeah, I just don't get how the father figure would be more offended that Luca didn't want his wife. This H, again, wanted the h to share EVERYTHING w/ him and he NEVER wanted to reciprocate either. It did not help that Felicity described him as being a two-year-old because I couldn't ever get over that. He even acted jealous of her studies even though he knew she had big plans for her future. Then, IMHO, he made it seem like he was doing all of this for Felicity and he had nothing to gain from it at all. What he gained is getting her since at the end he claimed he loved her from the beginning BUT not enough to share himself....not really. But I suppose that is par for the course, huh? LOL!

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 11:14:13 PM PDT
BethB says:
I'm trying to remember the titles of 2 (or maybe 3) books. They're going to be Michelle Reid or Lynne Graham. Help!

1. h is afraid of heights. Sshe doesn't realize H loves her until a friend points out he's planted a screen of shrubs all around his penthouse terrace so she'll feel safe. Part of a series of 3, and may feature a toddler daughter whose affections are bought with frilly socks.
2. h is dyslexic. Everyone believes she was villain's mistress, but she was actually pressured into signing some ridiculous contract she couldn't read (not by H, for once).
3. May be same book as #2, but I don't think so. h is dyslexic. She worked in an art gallery or museum (I think). Fell in lurve with H who set her up in NYC apartment and visits occasionally. She walked out on him, leaving incoherent message on mirror in lipstick. Years later, they meet up again, she has an accident, forgets that they broke up and that she had his secret love child.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 11:57:23 PM PDT
onlynesh says:
The third book is Tempestuous Reunion by Lynne Graham.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2012 1:12:34 AM PDT
boogenhagen says:
1 and 2 are the same book Married to a Mistress, part of the Husband Hunters series. The little girl with the socks is Savage Betrayal (This Time, Forever) (Harlequin Presents) I believe.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2012 1:23:02 AM PDT
BethB says:
Thanks, onlynesh and boogenhagen. I've been over at scribd already, refreshing my memory!

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 5:46:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 10, 2012 5:48:06 PM PDT
ajf says:
I came across two Margaret Rome books from the 60's and 70's and really enjoyed both! The Marriage of Caroline Lindsey has the h, Caroline, marrying the H, Domenico, to keep her sister's baby. The sister has disappeared along with the baby's father. The H treats Caroline like a tramp, while she of course is innocent. There is a distant cousin of Domenico's who is the real tramp, but is very possessive of Domenico. Domenico thinks that Caroline is the baby's real mother. Complicated plot!

Then there is Palace of the Hawk. This one is about Lucille, the h, who is secretary and slave to her cousin, Shani, the ow. The H, Tareq, falls in love at first sight with Lucille, but is lead actor in a movie starring Shani. Here, you have an underdog h who is really the strongest character in the book! Both books have the theme of a marriage of convenience and both have strong h's who let the H think he is the strongest.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 2:51:12 PM PDT
BLynnMc says:
Hey you guys, I was wondering if anyone can help me with a title. I'm thinking it was an older Harlequin, maybe one of the Superromance. I read it in the 90's. it was set in Texas and the h and H have a child together and for some reason she leaves town and agrees to leave the child with the H (maybe a daughter?) She comes back into town years later and wants to see her child. There is lots of confusion, so she leaves again but has to go back in the house for something she forgets and the JH is on her bed holding her gown she forgot to his face and crying. she is scocked bc she thought that he hated her. Can anyone help please??

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012 5:03:38 PM PDT
Michigangirl says:
For some reason I'm thinking Janet Dailey. The whole of it doesn't sound familiar except for the part of the heroine going back into the house and finding him holding her nightgown and crying.

Has anyone read The Purchased Wife by Michelle Reid? I saw it today and forgot most of it except that I think it was pretty messy. I remember not liking the heroine in equal extremes, where she's so all in love with the hero she wants him despite what he's done, and the fact that she acts like a ...w....ench to him in equal parts, she's some horrible mixture of lightness brightness and witchiness. And then the hero who does his own thing because the heroine is so young.

I'm thinking about reading it again to see if I just..missed the mark the last time and will like it better this time. Wondering about everyone else's thoughts.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 5:12:34 PM PDT
BLynnMc says:
@michigan girl, I just found out it is janet daily! Its terms of surrender I think is the title , thanks for the reply!

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 8:15:47 PM PDT
hiker says:
Between Mist And Midnight (Harlequin Presents) wow just read this one... have alot of mixed feelings about this one... its a stepsister stepbrother romance... the h had a crush on the hero when she was sixteen and he in his 20's she got him outside with a fake note to meet his current girlfriend but it was her.. he knew and took her virginity... her father caught them... sent her away... and forgave the hero... loving him more than his daughter the h... the h has a lot of resentment about the h stealing her fathers love.. the hero doesn't call her when her father is dying... so she never got to make up with him... she resents that too... the father left everything he had to the hero... she goes off to live in california... comes home for a family reunion... to find the hero has stolen the love of her grandmother too... the grandmother says who finds the treasure on the family property is who she will leave the house too.... the h and hero fight most of the reunion... and a cousin plays up to him.... before she is due to go home... she finds the treasure... confronts the hero about a zoning he got for the property for hotels.... they go talk to the grandmother she knows about the zoning... the h finds out the hero had found the treasure 5 years ago.. its confederate money... the hero takes off... the h stays with the grandmother... she has had another stroke... she calls the hero.. he comes home... they talk it out... he apologizes for stealing her dad... saying he never thought of her feelings... and thanks her for calling when the grandmother had the stroke saying he wasn't sure that she would since he didn't call when the dad was sick... but said the dad didn't want her called... said the dad didn't think he was going to die... they make up... even the misunderstanding over the cousin... hea... lots of fighting ....

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 8:41:49 PM PDT
Michigangirl says:
That just sounds messed up. Even heroines at their worst still call the dumb heroes to tell them their parent or like a parent is dying. He's 20 something and sleeps with her when she's 16?

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 12:26:45 AM PDT
RgReader says:
Has anyone read Sarah Morgan's Defying the Prince yet? I gave up halfway thru. I could not stand the heroine, Izzy, and didn't feel any romance with the hero. I thought the heroine was a self absorbed brat.
Read Melanie Milburne's Enemies at the Alter, correction did not finish this one either. I was interested in how the author would make a heroine who did a sex tape likable to me and she didn't manage. It icked me out the heroine would be sympathetic to her late husband who carried on a gay affair with a married dad of 3.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 10:24:18 AM PDT
Michigangirl says:
I haven't read either of them, I think I'm glad about the last one.

Who can tell me the name of this book?

I think it was Lynne Graham..

The heroine is married to the hero, she's got a sister and brother. I don't think she knew about the brother but she knew about the sister because they both lived with a grandmother who kept the sister and sent the heroine away because she was bad. This is when they are kids.

The heroine sees her sister in a magazine because she married a rich man and I think it was a showcase of her castle or something. Anyway, the hero who is her husband does something stupid, I don't remember what, and the heroine leaves him and runs off to her sister. Actually I think she called her sister and her brother came and got her. And her brother is some russian millionaire. The sister and brother had their own books also. The hero winds up coming to see her and she's lazing by the pool. Her brother agrees to let him speak to her or something because he had something happen in his relationship that was a misunderstanding, but I think he threatens the hero too. Help please. I want to read it again and can't remember what book it was.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 10:34:14 AM PDT
Helena says:
I think its The Spanish Billionaire's Pregnant Wife (Harlequin Presents)

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 11:24:17 AM PDT
Michigangirl says:
It is! Yay, I forgot how annoyed I was with the hero, I'm hoping I wasn't wrong and that he gets better. Or the heroine chucks a brick at him.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 5:56:03 PM PDT
Michigangirl says:
Okay next one.

The hero and heroine are going to the opera? or a musical? this is either middle or towards the end but this is the big smack down possibly break up scene. It's possible the heroine was in front of the place and saw the hero with another woman, and they meet up, but I remember this scene takes place outside of the musical/opera house rather than inside, and I don't think they made it in. Heroine might be blonde and possibly wearing a white dress when this happened.

Anyone?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 6:32:14 PM PDT
Reader in NJ says:
Are you thinking of Outrageous Proposal (Harlequin Presents) by Miranda Lee? The h and H separate. He makes it seem like he is involved with someone else (not really). The h saw the two of them together -- either an opera or some show -- I don't remember the details.

Where's Boogenhagen? LOL

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 6:46:47 PM PDT
OK, so I am also asking for your help... I think I am only remembering one story, not mashing 2 together. An HP that has come out within the past 5 years.

Heroine is a world-class musician (i think piano, but could be violin). She is very sheltered by her father, a shy, innocent prodigy. I believe she is in Paris for some concerts, and one night, she deviates from her routine of heading right from the concert hall to her hotel (I think her father is ill and can't accompany her). She pops into a little bar or bistro, and meets the Hero - a typical HP alpha male business titan, though he is captivated by her.

Drama ensues (I don't think an unwanted pregnancy)... eventually he realizes he has to have her and goes to the concert hall where she is performing...

Thanks for helping/trying to help.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 7:15:19 PM PDT
Michigangirl says:
zOMG, I know this one. Crud! What is it??? I think the heroine's father dies and she grew up in a big house. Ruthless Russion Lost Innocence is the only one coming up in the search, but I don't know if it's the right one.

I think this book is not more than 2 years old. Could have sworn I read it right around the time that Lucy Monroe released Shy Bride.

For some reason I was thinking the heroine lived in America?

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 7:56:44 PM PDT
Michigangirl.... Shy Bride reminded me of it.

I thought the H was French... maybe even a name like Guy? But maybe not that name...

When they met, it was like a moment out of time for both of them. I can't remember what all his issues were - like a neglectful upbringing, or losing a woman he loved or something....

I have to keep looking through my lists.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 8:14:58 PM PDT
LLC says:
It might be His One-Night Mistress (Harlequin Presents) by Sandra Field.
I know she is a violinist, just starting to make name for self. She's in Paris. Goes to a masquerade party. IIRC she insists that they remain anonymous so he never knows who she is. There is a pregnancy.

Taken! As his lover for one night...

Lia knew that billionaire businessman Seth could destroy her glittering career. But, even so, she succumbed--just for one night!

Revealed! The tycoon's mistress...

Eight years later, Lia's picture is splashed across the papers. Ruthless Seth wants Lia back--whatever the cost....

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 8:40:39 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 17, 2012 5:02:27 AM PDT]

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 9:26:37 PM PDT
Michigangirl says:
More on my opera book, unless I'm mixing it up with other books...

I think the hero and heroine are going on a date to go to the opera or musical and they meet the antagonist of the story, either his relative or more likely the other woman, in front and they are going too. It's possible that they are going as a set. I think the hero might force the heroine to go sit through the whole thing, or half of it, and she winds up hating it because of what happened.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 9:30:14 PM PDT
Help me please. The opening scene is of the H interviewing for a secretary? and every candidate he had wanted to be the big man on campus and make decisions instead of following directions. She tells him she can follow directions. She doesn't have any references because she is trying to keep her identity a secret because of some big scandal her dad had been involved in prior.

Seems like she had only had one boyfriend, maybe named David (how can I remember that and not the H or h's name). In actuality, the boyfriend was with the FBI and he was just dating her to get information about her dad.

Also seems like she and her mom were suspected by the FBI of being in cahoots with her dad illegal dealings.

Pretty sure this is an HP. That is all I can remember.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 May 2, 2016
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
160 6 days ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 4282 17 minutes ago
Heroes that grovel correctly *Possible Spoilers* 9273 23 minutes ago
Boogenhagen, help again! 8 46 minutes ago
Dear Book Buying Confessional (and other topics) part 2 821 47 minutes ago
Free Today Third Edition 3297 48 minutes ago
Shy, cute, stuttering male lead? historical romance 23 50 minutes ago
Virgin Hero in Regencies? 3 55 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 2050 1 hour ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 5126 1 hour ago
Blue light special 1 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  239
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 25, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 7, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 58 customers

Search Customer Discussions