Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Fanfiction

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3726-3750 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 5:56:26 PM PDT
Jolyn Tinker says:
Oh no, Bittersweet? Theyre together at the end tho yea?

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 6:12:34 PM PDT
Jolyn...they do end up together but its a rough road!

Does anyone have Edward Wallbanger they could send me? Slmaslowski@gmail.com

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 6:39:50 PM PDT
S. Malsowski : sent

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 6:58:40 PM PDT
Jolyn Tinker says:
Thank you s. !! I going forward with it :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 7:13:54 PM PDT
There's some awesome writers in the Janet Evanovich/Stephanie Plum section. I'd suggest anything by xjerzgirl, Akasha617, Magdalync (who's had one of her fics, Underground, published), sonomom, sweetdreams-sunnymornings and a host of others too numerous to mention. There's also some terrific writers that only post on the yahoo groups that I highly recommend.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 7:48:16 PM PDT
Miss says:
I had to take breaks from Revelry even though it is not all that long because the angst is unbearable at times. I swear it was probably on the top of the list for angst for me.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 7:48:48 PM PDT
romancegal says:
What's the mos angsty/satisfying ff you've read lately?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 7:52:00 PM PDT
Stayce's (xjerzgirl) The Name of the Game

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 7:56:18 PM PDT
kk27 says:
Revelry sounds... Well right up my angsty alley. Would someone be willing to send to me please? THANK YOU
kriskaz27@me.com

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 8:59:34 PM PDT
curlygirl says:
The most angsty fanfic I have read, was recently recommended on this thread. Now, don't shoot me, but it is a WIP (I know , I know...get your guns loaded). Anyway, it's called You Took it All Away. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6850896/1/You_Took_It_All_Away
Now, I caution readers, this story is hard to take at times. It deals with dark themes and Edward does things to Bella in the first part of the story that are UNFORGIVEABLE. But you soon learn that there is a reason, albeit, no reason is good enough, but you realize how he ended up the way he is and I found myself wanting to know more about him. He is so complex. And Bella's story is heartbreaking. She is a victim in the truest sense of the word. And the groveling, the pain, the suffering that Edward has to go through is so worth it. I am in love with this story and can't wait for the next update.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2012 10:08:46 PM PDT
Nicomaster says:
Jolyn, hoping your knee deep in Revelry.. It truly is a must read.. Yes they're road to a HEA is rough, not bumpy more like foothills and a few mountains. :) E and B are definitely codependent soulmates.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 10:53:55 PM PDT
Jolyn Tinker says:
@nico.. This is intense!! Just finished chapter when E does coke for the first time!! How can she write this stuff.. These two are crazy for each other. It's like the Edward and Bella from closer x's 100.

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 12:05:44 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 17, 2012 12:30:09 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 12:50:48 AM PDT
Beeg Panda says:
curlygirl - omw, why am I even asking this....glutton for punishment I am, for sure: - what does Edward do that is so unforgivable and why is Bella a victim? do i even wanna know???? LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 1:52:49 AM PDT
curlygirl says:
Beeg, not sure you wanna know...ha. I will spoil for you and you can smack me, ahem, thank me later. *********SPOILERS**************

Ok, Edward is big time mafia. He goes to a club one night and sees Bella dancing/stripping. He comes on to her/propositions her and she turns him down. This enrages him, so he goes to the clubs owner, James and buys/rents her from him. What he doesnt know is that she is there against her will. She is a young girl , who was drugged and kidnapped and has been tortured for months in preparation to become one of James many prostitutes. She is still a virgin. Edward gives James 500,000 grand to take her home. Ok, here goes....he gets ger home, and rapes her for weeks. The first time she tells him she has never done it but he doesn't believe her and does it anyway. She becomes like a robot and just lies there. And every time he assaults her his goal is to break her and see some kind of emotion from her but she won't break. At one point he even smacks her. Now, don't freak...he hates himself for what he does. His internal monologue is sad. And when you find out why he does this to Bella, you understand it...still makes it wrong but you get why he hurts Bella. When he finds out she is not what he thought, his whole attitude changes and the angst he goes through, the remorse, is awesome. He tries and tries to redeem himself and get her to forgive him but she won't. She tries to take her life but he saves her....such an intense scene. His own family is disgusted with him and helps Bella as well....Edward begins to fall for Bella and even though she at times, softens towards him, she still won't forgive him and just wants to give up. This story has my stomach so tied up in knots. Seriously, but I love it. I can't wait to see how the author is gonna fix this. I am hooked. I didn't think I could let go of what Edward did to her, but after you discover what he has been through, coupled with the fact that he is a mobster, and grovels like nobody's business, I as the reader, understood his actions even though it didnt change them. I want them to be happy!!!! But she is realistic in not giving them a quick fix. What woman would forgive those things right away, no matter how gorgeous he is? The author is not making this easy and that is what I enjoy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 2:24:39 AM PDT
lovereading says:
I am reading this now!! Thanks for the rec!

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 4:01:31 AM PDT
curlygirl: how often does she update? lots of cliffhangers when she finishes chapters? Is story almost coming to an end?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 4:21:35 AM PDT
Beeg Panda says:
curlygirl - no, I'll thank you now for telling me this beforehand. What have you started now? LMAO!

how utterly awful...I wonder HOW he is gonna be redeemed. But now I have to know, if you dont mind the questions, when you have a moment pls can you tell me:
-wrt what he has been through before - does it involve him loving and trusting another woman? Cos I would HATE that he loved some OW and now takes it out on Bella. ugh no! I'll stop right here cos thats the worse thing for me.
- Is Bella in character then and shes not like broken, broken, is she?
- Is it anywhere near finished? Many times author's say when its nearing the end
- I checked ***admitting sheepishly**** and saw that its 21 chapters - of that, how many does he hurt her for and how many does he grovel in? If he hurts for 20 chapters and has just started grovelling then im giving it a miss

Jeez, Dusty is an angel compared to this Edward. thanks for the recc

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 4:49:48 AM PDT
curlygirl says:
Soul, I am not sure how often she updates...sorry. I think her last update was on the 11th. I don't think she is close to being finished; too much, way too much left unresolved. The "romance" part of the story seems to be starting now. And what I mean by that is, the way Edward feels about her has changed.

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 5:56:11 AM PDT
readtoomuch says:
@curlygirl: so glad you're liking "You Took It All Away". The author has had a difficult time with this story since she first posted it sometime in 2010. After a bunch of hoopla and whatnot, it ended up being pulled by ffnet under her original pen name Cullengirl30. Thankfully, she ended up reposting it last year under DullyBeautiful04. Unfortunately, updates are not on any schedule and sometimes can take months to update. Only thing I can recommend is for readers to leave reviews so the author knows she still has an audience for the story. Have you checked out the other story I recc'd from this author called "The Lies that Bind Us"? She says it's going to turn heavily into a mobward, so I can't wait. I just wish she'd update more!

@Beeg: put YTiAA on your follow alert list. The author is pretty good and I think you'll end up liking it. This E is pretty obsessed with B, even when he's an rapist/abuser in the beginning.

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 6:24:21 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 20, 2012 5:48:14 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 6:47:13 AM PDT
curlygirl says:
Ok, Beeg, I went back and read some just to make sure I was giving you correct info. Ok, Edward is 22 in this story but you find out in chapter 16 that he fell in love with a girl when he was 17. Her family became bankrupt and instead of turning to his family for help, she ended up becoming a prostitute and drug addict. She went to an enemy family/gang and gave them info to kidnap his sister Alice in exchange for money. Alice was missing for like two weeks. His girlfriend ended up dying of a drug overdose and he has hated prostitutes ever since. He wants revenge on Bella because she reminds him of Tanya.

As far as the groveling, he kind of internally grovels for most of the story so far. The first 8 or 9 chapters are rough, though. Even after he berates himself for what he does to her, he does it again because she defies him. But the author doesn't go into too much detail about the rape, which in my opinion helps the reader not loathe Edward too much. When he realizes how wrong he has been about her,especially after her suicide attempt, which was horrific, that is when he really starts to beat himself up and try to make amends. A few of his lines that made me
melt were, "I'm going to take care of you so well, that you'd never want to leave me."...."I'll make you mine, Bella but this time, with your consent."....."I'll make them all come true; every single one of your wishes. I'll make them all come true.". Hope this helps... Please read...I think you will LOVE!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 6:52:50 AM PDT
curlygirl says:
Thanks readtoomuch! I think I left her one review, but I am literally gonna go over there now, and review again and beg her to update! I haven't read a WIP that has left me this unsettled since Fold Your Wings. Don't even get me started on that one...I stalk her blog daily hoping she updates even though I am on her notification list for when she does update...i feel like a girl in high school waiting for the cute boy to call her while she keeps checking her phone to see if it is broken because it hasnt rung yet. Obsessed and ridiculous, I totally admit that.

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 7:00:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 17, 2012 7:11:02 AM PDT
readtoomuch says:
vanil_o: I'm FINALLY reading teambella23's Aha Shake and I'm giggling so much that after iced coffee shot out of my mouth and nose for the 3rd time, I've pretty much given up on drinking or eating anything while I read this. I don't know how you restrained yourself when you read this, but I can't so FOR ALL THE TWIFF FANS WHO HAVEN'T READ "Aha Shake" yet: DROP ALL YOUR ANGSTY/DRAMATIC READS and giggle along with me as you "random dance" on the emotional highs and lows of "Aha Shake". Seriously, no spoilers needed - in fact, I refuse to spoil it. Just flag it and read it. It's that crack-a-lackin' good. Just sayin'.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6201301/1/Aha_Shake

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 7:10:10 AM PDT
readtoomuch says:
Oh, don't get me started on Fold Your Wings. I totally understand what you're going through and not ridiculous at all (to me that is). That is my absolute favorite fanfic and it's not even completed!! It's the only WIP I'll read when it updates. I stalk her blog too; thinking maybe something's wrong with my email and I didn't get notified of an update so I check her blog to check. I used to think it was the anticipation that made FYW so good to me, but everytime I re-read it it reinforces why I think it's so good. While I want more and quicker updates a part of me is glad the author is so thoughtful about her story and where her characters are going so she ends up with an amazing story with characters who really grow and take us on an incredible emotional journey.

Unfortunately, I was a few chapters into You Took It All Away and when it got pulled it helped make my decision to not read WIPs until complete or almost complete.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 May 2, 2016
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
152 Feb 5, 2016
Biker Romance Part 2 6830 3 minutes ago
Free Today Third Edition 2985 23 minutes ago
MOC but... 3 1 hour ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 4028 1 hour ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 4169 2 hours ago
Romance with aliens that actually look like aliens 1975 3 hours ago
Worst Betrayal Ever!!! 2 692 4 hours ago
Young Adult/New Adult 6 4 hours ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 4936 5 hours ago
Best one-liner or zinger you read in a book? 140 5 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  272
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 11, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 51 customers

Search Customer Discussions