Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Stoic/cold antihero or villain as romantic interest

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-46 of 46 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jul 8, 2012 3:33:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 8, 2012 9:02:28 PM PDT
SheReadsALot says:
Hold - h meets H in a sci-fi prison. It's a sci-fi erotica that doesn't really read like a sci-fi. The H and h are both arrested for bogus crimes. I really love this story. The H is not a villian but more on the stoic/cold side. He does warm up in the end.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 10:04:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 9, 2012 10:05:07 AM PDT
shelf says:
SheReadsAlot, thanks a lot for the rec - I started reading that book yesterday and it's pretty spot on for me so far (for what it is - erotica, a short story etc). I don't suppose there's a sci-fi with a similar theme? The whole prisoner theme with the heroine picking the hero as her protector/guardian in return for services is interesting

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 3:27:11 PM PDT
SheReadsALot says:
You're welcome. I haven't come across too many stories with theme. I've been looking for it to. Hold was pretty unique to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2012 6:45:24 PM PDT
TravelingGal says:
I'm pretty sure that there's a Kaitlyn O'Connor with a similar theme - although I think it ended up being a permanent menage. I'll see if I can find it if you're interested.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 6:55:40 PM PDT
Demon's Captive has a somewhat similar theme. I personally liked the book as I am a fan of jealous heroes, but it did not get very many stars on Amazon.

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 6:16:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 10, 2012 6:21:57 PM PDT
shelf says:
TravelingGal might that have been the Enslaved book? I remember the the h was taken and put into a experimental colony type place to mate with aliens but maybe not. If you find the book let me know

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2012 6:36:17 PM PDT
TravelingGal says:
Dark Solstice is the Kaitlyn O'Connor book where an innocent woman is sent to a prison colony. The H is very cold. I can't remember if she picked him or if he just claimed her because he's the biggest bada** in the prison.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 12:06:52 AM PDT
Kate Barley says:
I liked Dark Solstice but FYI for other posters -- it has a menage.

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 6:46:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 28, 2012 6:46:35 PM PDT
shelf says:
any more recs?

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 5:51:33 AM PDT
C. Stone says:
Thanks for the rec all. Read Hold and really enjoyed up until the midway or near the end where it kinda fizzled. Love the set up and how the author does a great job of giving you a feel of what life in the prison was like. Then it became a little repetitive with the sex and the rushed ending. All in all I think the author did a good job and loved the storyline/plot about the heroine being sent to prison and having to make a quick tough choice

Posted on Oct 18, 2012 12:05:11 AM PDT
Willread says:
Eden has a Hero who is very stoic. The heroine ends up alone on a planet - or so she thinks. Soon she realizes that there`s a man/alien there as well. A man who protects her but who has a deep secret. A very interesting read!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 3:33:27 PM PDT
Mari says:
Willread......question about Eden. Is it a stan alone with a firm ending or the first of a series?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2012 4:05:56 PM PDT
HJ Leonard says:
Mari, Eden is a standalone, though the author hints at a possible second book as an 'after opinion,' at the end of the book (but does not actually seem to have one in the works). It has a finite ending, and does not require reading further.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2012 12:07:37 PM PDT
Mari says:
Thanks HJ....I am so fed up with serials and books that leave me hanging. Some of those serials are not only expensive but readers think that they'll get a conclusion but the stories seem to stretch on and on. I bought Eden ages ago when it first showed up on my recs page but it's just been sitting since then. I'm moving up my TBR pile.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 5:48:36 PM PST
shelf says:
bump

Posted on Oct 29, 2014 11:58:21 PM PDT
Arc says:
bump

Posted on Oct 30, 2014 1:52:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 30, 2014 1:53:16 AM PDT
Redwithabook says:
Sociopath: A Dark Romance, hero is a sociopath. This one Was interesting I had a really hard time getting into because I didn't like the heroine but the hero was hilarious. Has a chilling ending.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2014 2:48:53 AM PDT
Talltree says:
Redwithabook,
Can you spoil the ending, is there a HEA? I don't mind complete spoilers, the more the better.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2014 3:09:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 30, 2014 3:11:38 AM PDT
Redwithabook says:
It has an HEA. It was just kinda an unexpected crazy one.

SPOILERS on ending:
Okay so the hero has fallen in love with heroine but what is found out she's really as crazy as he is, if not more so. She had a thing with the hero's ex girlfriend just because she wanted to feel close to him. Shes known the whole time that he is a sociopath and actually shoots him for some whacked reason about knowing he killed his evil mother(who deserved it) and how he destroyed her innocence since to help prove an alibi he paid who we find is her mother a large sum of $. She learned from that day that the rich can get away with anything and this 'shattered' her. However, he doesn't die. The epilogue is from her POV and ends with her walking out of her shrinks office having convinced the shrink she is completely fine now. The hero is waiting for her and when she tells him the shrink cleared her he says all along the lines of good if you can fool a shrink you can fool anyone. Which is exactly what his mom said to him in a flashback in the book from when he convinced a shrink that he was normal and not a sociopath as a kid.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2014 4:58:36 AM PDT
Talltree says:
Oh God, those two don't sound good together! Like enablers for each other or something.
I might read it just to try something different, thanks for spoilers.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2014 5:18:21 AM PDT
Redwithabook says:
Not a problem. I wasn't fond of the heroine but the book is from the hero's POV so I liked it because he was really interesting and hilariously sarcastic.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
20 Jan 4, 2016
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
152 7 days ago
BBA (a.k.a Books Are Not Babies) 9813 11 seconds ago
Loan Me Thread V. 7 365 6 minutes ago
Book 4 of The Others by Anne Bishop 3 9 minutes ago
Books where the H takes revenge on the h BUT... 129 14 minutes ago
Dear book buying confessional........ 8977 18 minutes ago
Silhouette Desire - To quote "Touch And Go" - Lets go straight to No.1 2333 21 minutes ago
Weekend Reading - 12-15 February 12 22 minutes ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 3578 23 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 5 8450 56 minutes ago
Help with Finding a Harlequin 2 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  46
Initial post:  Jun 29, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 30, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions