Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Plus Sized Reads

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 601-625 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 10:09:02 AM PDT
Rena Ruadh says:
There's another show over here in the UK with an amazing guy called Gok Wan. He tries to make women feel good about their bodies no matter the size. It's got the strange and weird title "How to feel good naked". I love the guy.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 5:15:56 AM PDT
Aussie says:
Oh Karen L - I hear you! I'm round, not tall. I have to take up all my long pants, and the arm holes of the shirts usually look ridiculous on me as they're sometimes down my upper arm! LOL

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 5:17:05 AM PDT
Aussie says:
I also find that the blouses all seem to have the same size hips, so I have to buy a huge size for my poor old hips, and my boobs are lost in the material! ROTFLMAO!

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 5:23:09 AM PDT
Aussie says:
Thanks kestergayle, great advice. I've taken to buying clothes on-line as well, as at least I can get pretty small flower prints and one place in particular in Australia actually does dresses that stop at the knee!

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 5:35:54 AM PDT
Aussie says:
Good to know, Nicky, as I've got a maxi dress but haven't worn it yet. I'll have to dig it out of the closet!

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 5:38:45 AM PDT
Aussie says:
Yeah, I can never figure how an Aussie size 14 can be seen as plus-sized!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 5:39:53 AM PDT
Aussie says:
I remember there was a show with 2 English women, but I don't recall the title, though the women were called Susannah & Trinny. They dressed every size and shape you could imagine at the one time!

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 5:51:24 AM PDT
Aussie says:
There's another shop in Australia called Dream Diva. yeah, I always miss out the sales! My size seems to be the most popular LOL

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 10:37:08 AM PDT
Karen L says:
Oh, I know! and some of them have way small arms---REALLY? my size would have two inch round ARMS??? How is that possible?

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 5:31:09 PM PDT
I was a size 14 all through high school and thought I was fat. Now I look back and think "Geez, I was so slim. What happened?" LOL

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 1:34:17 AM PDT
Aussie says:
Same here, Jennie. I was super fit, never thought about food, thought I needed to lose weight and joined a well-known weight-loss company. They taught me to snack between meals, and I became so focussed on food because of planning for meals. before that, I ate 3 times a day, never snacked and hardly thought about food. I blame that as my first step to my yo-yo dieting. Now I just try and stay healthy.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2012 5:00:27 AM PDT
kandeelyn says:
Ladies, I love all the recs. u have given, but can we get back on topic with books?
Maybe u can make a new discussion on weight & clothes.

Don't take this personally, I' m plus size too.

This is a book discussion forums right?

Posted on May 4, 2012 5:06:14 AM PDT
I finished 1 Bed, 2 Weddings, 3 Husbands [Bride Train 5] (Siren Publishing Menage Everlasting) a few days ago.

It is historical ménage fiction and the h is plus size. It's the 5th book in a series and i thought it was probably the weakest. Not much really in the way of emotions so I really didn't feel anything for any of the characters. But it was a quick easy read at 214 pages.

Posted on May 7, 2012 8:42:54 AM PDT
And another one I just re-read is Tony's Haven (Sherman Family Series).

The h is a size 18, single mum who is studying marketing. The relationship between the h/H starts initially as a relationship of convenience but quickly turns more when the H realised the h sees him. Sees past his good looks and charm.

There is a part in the book where the h even mentions that she was a size 8 before she was pregnant but it took exercising to extremes and starving herself to make that happen. In comparison to being a busy single mum who was a 'healthy size 18'.

The love between the 2 of them literally jumped off the page. Good solid read for me.

Posted on May 7, 2012 4:22:32 PM PDT
Pomma says:
Loved "Tony's Haven".
The first book in the series is also an awesome read about JC, whose story is just about as wonderful as well. JC's is Tony's sister and you will will understand Tony's story even more.....*S*
Hunting JC (Sherman Family Series)

Posted on May 9, 2012 4:39:42 PM PDT
Geri says:
Does anyone have the Christa Wick's books (Big Girls Next Door) to lend? Thanks in advance.

Posted on May 10, 2012 6:56:49 PM PDT
Kara Oke says:
Today I read Doctor's Delight (Big Girls Lovin'). I know it's been suggested here before, but I just want to second the suggestion. It was so sweet, and I totally fell in love with the h. I was so proud of her by the end. I'd happily lend it, but it's not a lendable title.

Posted on May 10, 2012 7:22:27 PM PDT
Kara Oke says:
I don't think anyone has suggested Perfection (A Neighbor From Hell). Seriously good read. And cheap. (Just let go of some of the spelling/grammar errors. I'm a grammar nazi and the story was just so good that I was able to overlook them.

In reply to an earlier post on May 10, 2012 7:37:50 PM PDT
Cherry is mentioned in the 2nd book in the series Cop's Passion (Big Girls Lovin') in what I think is a really sweet way. Plus its my fave in the series.

Perfection was a very good read. The hero was annoying though. Way more annoying than Jason in Playing For Keeps (A Neighbor From Hell Series)

Posted on May 16, 2012 9:41:32 PM PDT
KES says:
For those who enjoy erotica, the following is currently free: Safe With Me: The Beginning (an erotic romance series).

Posted on May 18, 2012 4:51:41 PM PDT
tchrmom0610 says:
Take Me by Bella Andre.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2012 5:42:01 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 18, 2012 5:52:46 PM PDT]

Posted on May 18, 2012 6:11:44 PM PDT
Me says:
I read An Old-Fashioned Man. The h is described age under weight but there is a secondary character who is tall and curvy. Lots of slap not so much tickle. Strange short story. The H spanked his 20something sister. Not worth the 2.99 price tag maybe I wouldn't be so disappointed is it was .99.

Posted on May 26, 2012 3:45:58 AM PDT
Prue says:

Posted on May 26, 2012 5:01:45 AM PDT
Has anyone read The Lighter Side of Large?? Any spoilers??
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
19 Sep 17, 2015
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
145 17 days ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #4 8226 1 minute ago
BBA (a.k.a Books Are Not Babies) 9519 21 minutes ago
Free Today Third Edition 396 24 minutes ago
Second Chance Romance 4700 31 minutes ago
wanted: kindle romance bargains ($3.99 or less) by established authors that are good (no self-promos or ya/na) 1754 1 hour ago
Biker Romance Part 2 5661 1 hour ago
Relationship is a lie...H faking (possibly undercover or revenge) **SPOILERS OK** 114 1 hour ago
Thanksgiving Weekend Reading 36 1 hour ago
Dear book buying confessional........ 8417 1 hour ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 3078 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  232
Total posts:  1567
Initial post:  May 29, 2011
Latest post:  2 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 88 customers

Search Customer Discussions