Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Badly Behaving Authors

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 6651-6675 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 7:41:58 PM PDT
Someone on GRs said she opened 27 sock puppet accounts there. Who does that sort of thing? Answer that question and I think you can see that she doesn't act in a way that we would.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 7:43:05 PM PDT
Apparently the review doesn't stay when a comment is added, because I added a comment and now it's gone.

I can't permalink to the post but scroll down to #113:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/242582831?page=3&utm_medium=email&utm_source=comment_instant#comment_51429529

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 7:48:57 PM PDT
Here's the comment I posted:

>>Do you have permission from the owner of the photo of Wendy Darling that you put up on your blog to use that photo?<<

I posted it in her comments because I didn't want to post a comment to her blog and give her my email address (or even a throwaway email addy with a fake name).

Posted on May 31, 2012 7:53:24 PM PDT
Ms. P. says:
Good thinking. Who knows where she'd show up if she had personal information about you... eesh.

Posted on May 31, 2012 7:54:17 PM PDT
Jared Foster says:
All right!!!!!!!!! Two of the fake Taylor Lee accounts are gone!
Another alert. One of Carolyn McCray's sock puppets is harassing a reviewer of her book here: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1CSW8SM5B0NWA/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B007V65E98&nodeID=&tag=&linkCode=
Use your own judgment, but I think we should give the guy some moral support.

Posted on May 31, 2012 7:56:40 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 31, 2012 7:59:13 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 8:03:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012 8:04:41 PM PDT
ginmar says:
I'll save her the trouble. I got interviewed for a security clearance and they asked me if I could be blackmailed. I told 'em there were nude pictures of me floating around out there somewhere and the next time I got my hands on copies, they'd be on my Christmas card. The only crap they can use against you is if you hide it. (And let's face it, if you have pictures where certain attributes are two inches higher than they are now, I'd show everybody. "Here, see?! That's what Mom USED to look like!"

ETA: and now I'm reminded why New Age puffery irritates the ever-living you know what out of me.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 8:08:48 PM PDT
Ms. P. says:
LOL, Ginmar. I've always admired your honesty.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 8:12:55 PM PDT
Dang- and I downloaded that book today, too!

Posted on May 31, 2012 8:19:13 PM PDT
Her review for The Selection is gone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/AEUF8QO9NV42V/ref=cm_cr_rdp_pdp

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 8:25:01 PM PDT
Bitchie says:
Again?

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 8:26:31 PM PDT
Ammy removed it completely, I think, because a poster on GRs had contacted Ammy about it.

If you scroll down to #113 you'll see the email she got from Ammy:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/242582831?page=3&utm_medium=email&utm_source=comment_instant#comment_51429529

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 8:35:01 PM PDT
ginmar says:
If you click on 'most recent comments' you can see the review. I commented on it and asked her, basically, WTPH was wrong with her?

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 8:35:14 PM PDT
She even was quick to claim several times that Keira wasn't a friend of hers, which made it all the more weird.

I looked at her blog and most of her articles go un-commented upon. She doesn't seem to have a big following or any at all, really. Now all of sudden she's been in this long conversation with this anonymous commenter writing blog article length comments, and Melissa responding with short replies. They call each other by name each time. My crystal ball tells me that anonymous is Melissa's imaginary friend to show that she does have support. Hahaha.

I really hope that the blogs ignore her, too. She shouldn't be rewarded. That was really a despicable thing to do. For all she knows Wendy could have very good and serious reasons for using a pseudonym.

BTW, her review count is now up to 7.

Isabel's book's review count is now up to 1,003 and my crystal ball tells me its going to hit 1,200 tonight.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 8:40:39 PM PDT
I really hope that the blogs ignore her, too. She shouldn't be rewarded.

I think you are right...She sounds like a drama queen and a attention monger (was going to use a word that sounds like door). Does she have a book coming out soon or something?

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 8:48:23 PM PDT
Good job. I don't think that you ever gave enough info to follow what was happening but apparently Amazon agreed with you. You reported it to Author Central?

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 9:25:30 PM PDT
Winter says:
And how much do you want to bet that the very same person who will take the time to create and 'use' 27 sock puppets will be the first ones to sneer that WE have no lives or that WE have nothing better to do with our time???
*rubs paws together eagerly...waiting to hear how much you will bet me*

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 9:37:34 PM PDT
OMG! Please don't say that she'll be back here! Please.

Posted on May 31, 2012 9:39:42 PM PDT
Winter says:
You mean she's like Voldemort? We shouldn't say her name?
*hides*

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 9:41:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 31, 2012 10:25:30 PM PDT
Winter says:
I see that LG has a high end toaster model out now - $160 must result in some mighty FINE toast. Here's a relevant review:

http://www.amazon.com/review/RCMPJUWJC0678/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00140SC64&nodeID=&tag=&linkCode=#wasThisHelpful

Note the comment attached to the review.

Posted on May 31, 2012 9:41:56 PM PDT
Bitchie says:
On Halloween night, you look in the mirror and say her name three times, and she will appear.

Posted on May 31, 2012 10:36:42 PM PDT
Splinker says:
You have to admit, someone reading ths thread might find it lends weight to her argument.

Posted on May 31, 2012 10:47:26 PM PDT
Hey, if we are supposed to be a vigilante gang/vicious mob/den of jackals/whatever, how is it that I didn't even know about this thread?

http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx2A1AUS67U06LE

I saw the original post but didn't know we were still "chatting".

Ms. Mayhem: Loved, loved, loved your post.

Anna: This was priceless. Got the rare LOL from me.

<<Well I haven't written the book yet, but I've written several 5-star reviews for it. They are awesome reviews, because the book is awesome. Or will be when I've written it. It's going to be a real page turner.>>

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 10:54:52 PM PDT
I poured my heart and soul into that toaster! As soon as I sell enough, I'm going to work on that little problemita. You don't have to throw it in my face, you bully. Besides, 20% of my profits go to charity.

Check out the 4-slice model ($160 is the cheap 2-slicer)

Breville BTA820XL Die-Cast 2-Slice Smart Toaster

Free e-toast for a 5-star review.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012 11:20:38 PM PDT
Curmudgeon says:
I'm on pretty much Atkins but I don't see it as a "diet." Removing sugar, bread, potatoes from my life has done me a world of good, along with just eating less. As in 45 pounds gone so far
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  338
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 17, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 30 customers

Search Customer Discussions