Industrial-Sized Deals GG Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Outdoor Deals on HTL
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Love Triangles With The Hero, The Heroine and Another Woman

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 159 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 12:42:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 4, 2012 12:44:10 PM PDT
Cadi W. says:
He couldn't figure that one out before the wedding? He tells the new wife the day after they wed that he's still in love with his ex-wife? That is cause for resentment on a new level. LOL

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 5:20:31 PM PDT
Sec says:
Some interesting and rewarding suggestions here - thanks everyone. Paradoxically enough, however, they emphasize how rare true love triangles featuring the H, h and OW really are. In the examples provided in the OP - Lisa Kleypas's Sugar Daddy and Jennifer Haymore's A Hint of Wicked - both the H and the OM were attractive, emotionally stable characters in love with the h. In fact, in each case the OM became the hero of the author's next novel. Neither of the men has any other love interest at the time. These novels are not unique - think of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum, who has been vacillating between Joe and Ranger for an entire series.

Many of the suggestions do not fit this pattern. An H or h in love with a dead spouse is not in a love triangle - he or she is simply someone who is finding it difficult to move on. The dead spouse, however idealized, is simply not equivalent to a living, breathing rival. This rules out novels such as Sandra Brown's Texas! Chase. Nor is the psycho ex-wife/girlfriend/mistress a genuine rival to the h, unless the H seriously considers making a long-term commitment to her. This rules out Dreaming of You. In Eloisa James's A Duke of Her Own the H does think about marrying the OW, but not for long, because she is obviously insane.

Some other novels listed in this thread are not love triangles at all. Then Came You is one of these - the H was engaged to the h's sister, but he was not in love with her and she was in love with (and eloped with) another man. There are no love triangles in Judith McNaught's Almost Heaven, and in Paradise the triangle is between the h, her fiancé and the H (well, the h's best friend was in love with the fiancé, but he was not the hero of this or any other McNaught novel). The h asks the H for a divorce at the beginning of Barbara Freethy's Just The Way You Are and for the rest of the novel he is chasing her - again, not a love triangle scenario.

I haven't read all the books listed in this thread, but of the ones I'm familiar with Edith Layton's appear to be best examples of love triangles. (She also wrote several books featuring triangles with two men and one woman). There is also a long thread in this forum entitled "Heroine loves the hero, but hero loves another" which lists several potential examples of this theme:

Any more suggestions?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 5:31:16 PM PDT
V says:
Chasing the Sun (Berkley Sensation) by Kaki Warner

Posted on Jun 8, 2012 3:35:24 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 21, 2015 6:57:27 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 6:18:02 PM PDT
hiker says:
just read Winter's Edge recommended by Newdiane on this thread... it was really good... there is a plot where someone is trying to kill the h.... the hero she thinks is having an affair with a married woman...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 8:58:55 AM PDT
RACHEL says:
The OW actually told the hero that he was still in love with his Ex, I'm not convinced he would have gone after her if the OW hadn't of left him first.

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 10:02:35 AM PDT
Housefish says:
Rachel, what book is this?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 10:23:00 AM PDT
RACHEL says:
A Second Chance (The Keller Family Series)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 10:31:24 AM PDT
Lisa says:
Rachel: why did carlos and Madeline divorce? Did H cheat?

Posted on Jun 9, 2012 10:59:45 AM PDT
RACHEL says:
They can't really put their finger on why they divorced, he was training to be a teacher and she was working two jobs to support them, she was supposed to stay at home with their children when he started earning but that never happened. They just separated and she married his bf 6 mths later, no the H didn't cheat.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 9:50:05 AM PDT
D. L. Murphy says:

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 11:48:34 AM PDT
TrishaLouise says:
Here are a couple of books with love triangles you might like.

No Turning Back & Turn to Me by Tiffany Snow (Girl two guys)
City of Bones by Cassandra Clair
Between the lines & Where you are by Tammara Webber YA(Guy two girls & Girl two guys)
Behind the big white oak by Corrine Coleman (Guy two women no HEA)
The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher (Guy two women)
Thoughtless by S.C Stephanes (Girl two guys)
Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin (Guy two women)
Avoiding Commitment by K.A Linde (Guy two women)
Doing the right thing by Barbara Elsborg (Guy two women)
The Velvet Promise by Jude Deveraux (Guy two women)
The Bronze Horseman by Paulina Simons (Guy two women)
Heart of The Matter by Emily Giffin (Guy two women)
A Perfect Marriage by Laurie Bright (Guy two women)
Always In My Heart by Catherine Andersen
Keeper of the light by Diane Chamberlain (Guy two women)
The Adultery club By Tess Stimson (Husband two women) I HATED this book
Bittersweet By LaVyrle Spencer (Husband two women)
The Conquer by Brenda Joyce (Husband two women)
He loves me....He loves you not by Lauren Hammond YA (Guy two girls)
What price paradise by Katherine Allred (Guy two women)

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 2:49:02 PM PDT
D. L. Murphy says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 3:59:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 4:00:37 PM PDT
V says:
TrishaLouise- Could you give spoilers for "Avoiding Commitment?" and "Keeper of the Light?" Did any of these have HEA? The husband in "Keeper of the Light" sounds like a real douchebag from what little I read in the review. Did he really tell his wife that he can only sleep with her if he pretends she's the OW?

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 4:17:49 PM PDT
Housefish says:
I second V. Spoilers please.

Also, I cant find Avoiding Commitment in Amazon. Please letme know how or where to find it.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 6:50:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 6:53:40 PM PDT
TrishaLouise says:
***Spoilers ahead*** Warning*** Spoilers***

Keeper of the Light: I enjoyed this story because it was unique.
Everyone thinks Annie is a saint and an angel. Olivia's husband is obsessed with Annie (they had a relationship some years before and he never got over it). Annie is shot and killed and ends up in Olivia's ER. Everybody is devastated over Annie's death. Olivia's husband goes a little over the edge and tells her Annie was the love of his life and he is leaving her because he cannot pretend any more. Olivia is heartbroken and finds out she is pregnant. She becomes enamored of Annie and the hold she has over people. She starts doing things Annie did (hobbies and such) and meets Annie's husband Alec. Alec thought he had the perfect life with Annie but soon finds out it was all a lie. Annie had a big secret she was hiding from everyone and it rocks Alec's life. He and Olivia become friends and it starts to develop into more.
There is a HEA but it isn't with the husband. Olivia's husband does realize he was wrong and tries to get back .

Avoiding Commitment: Good lord girls you need to buckle up for this one. It's a roller coaster ride from h*ll .
I hope you like ANGST
** You can find it at:**

Jack and Lexi never had a typical relationship. After 2 years without speaking, she receives a phone call that changes everything. He unexpectedly asks her to convince the new girl, Bekah, that he's ready to commit. Jack is calling now after everything they had been through because there is another woman. She can't believe it. Follow Lexi in this heart wrenching drama as she relives her past relationship, or lack thereof, with Jack, and not just in her own mind, but to his fiancé-to-be. Throw in Bekah's hot brother who always seems to be in the right place at the right time, a past with more secrets to unravel than you can even imagine, and you get a recipe for disaster. Find out what happens to Lexi as she travels to Atlanta to get the closure she so desperately desires from Jack, and how the bumps of life seem to keep getting in the way.

This is a two book story and there is a HEA it just did not go the way I thought it would. I liked how it ended up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 12:02:31 AM PDT
V says:
TrishaLouise- In "Keeper of the Light" I'm guessing Olivia ended up with Annie's husband Alec? I'm glad she didn't go back to the husband he sounds like a total a-hole.

In "Avoiding Commitment" did Lexi end up with Jack or someone else?

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 6:18:41 AM PDT
TrishaLouise says:
In "Avoiding Commitment" Lexi ended up with Ramsey. I loved Ramsey and jack was a real tool.

Keeper of the Light: Olivia ended up with Adam "Annies husband".

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 11:41:46 AM PDT
V says:
TrishaLouise- Thanks so much for the spoilers:)

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 2:22:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2012 2:27:04 AM PDT
B. Lim says:
Molly Liholm The Getaway Groom so much drama. Doormat h, love triangle liar H. WOW all in one package. Heroine is the other woman.

I have not read this book I found the spoiler from GR.

Vanessa rated it 2 of 5 stars false · review of another edition

This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here. Max/Frasier left Emma at the altar 8 years ago. He sends a telegram to the church and doesn't bother to try and confront her at all over the next 8 years. He begged Emma to marry him and then walked away from her w/ no explanation. He walked away to protect Emma, but I felt like he walked away to protect himself. She never really knew him at all. As far as Emma is concerned he could have been kidnapped and killed, although she never looked for him either. She became a wedding planner and he became a forensic investigator after serving 8 months in prison. BUT he can't seem to solve the company's thefts. I did NOT Like the correlation that he tried to draw w/ her kidnapping and him leaving her at that altar either. I can't see how that would even be on the same field. He chose to walk away and she was kidnapped and he knew it! I also didn't like the Emma was the typical OW in this story.

It seemed that he got engaged to Emma's friend pretty quickly and he didn't know anything about her. She is all about work and supposedly has a natural curiosity. However, they don't seem to spend any time together and she doesn't investigate any of his stories. Everyone just trusts him at his word. My take is you can tell when Max/Frasier is lying . . . his lips are moving! He did it in the past and even in the present. His r/s seemed to be based on lies! Sure I can understand him lying about his job, but he chose to avoid telling Meg the truth about Emma as well. Seriously it was his place to tell her ESPECIALLY when she had asked if he had been married previously.

How can he claim that he didn't know that Emma was Meg's friend? Her picture was in Meg's office. Oh never mind he is a known liar! He cheats w/ Emma in Meg's apartment in Meg's BED!!! Then treats Emma like crud. Of course later he admits that he way lying too! See I keeping getting mixed up w/ him. Max/Frasier claims that he and Meg are comfortable together and can share anything w/ each other . . . yeah but he never shares the TRUTH w/ her!! He claims that he is a man that makes a commitment and takes his responsibilities seriously NOW, not when he had committed to marry Emma. Emma believes he has changed that he is determined, responsible and caring. I don't see it. Well he was determined in getting in her pants but irresponsible in doing it at his fiancée's apartment and not seeming to care much about her because he doesn't fess up to Meg either. He is more of an avoider - doesn't confess history w/ either unless they discover things, opportunity taker - well you know dry spell and Emma is throwing herself at him, uncaring - pretty crass to propose to Emma at his wedding to Meg who just dumped him! He thinks he is no longer the Max Thorne who lied, stole and disappeared in the middle of the night - yeah keep telling yourself that buddy, because the way I see it the Nile isn't just a river in Egypt!

The whole solving of the crime and keeping it quiet from the authorities - seemed a bit dishonorable to me as well. Meg said she is NOT giving her blessing, but Max/Frasier tells Emma that Meg wants them to be happy! I didn't see that and I needed to see her show more depth by being upset at these two. I felt like he just needed to marry and any woman would do, then I was left wondering if he placed Meg's ring on Emma's finger.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 3:18:42 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 21, 2015 6:57:32 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 4:10:49 PM PDT
onlynesh says:
"Just the Way You Are" is currently free on Kindle.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 12:11:29 PM PDT

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 12:40:14 PM PDT

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 11:26:03 AM PDT
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
19 Sep 17, 2015
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
145 16 days ago
Connected romance 6 3 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #4 8202 8 minutes ago
Loan Me Thread V. 6 9411 15 minutes ago
Free Today Third Edition 377 16 minutes ago
BBA (a.k.a Books Are Not Babies) 9508 19 minutes ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 3068 23 minutes ago
Heroine is feral, not civilized, afraid of everyone, etc? 13 23 minutes ago
Unrequited love Romance theme 1 35 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 5 7047 39 minutes ago
List of HP cheating Hero books 65 40 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  50
Total posts:  159
Initial post:  Apr 29, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 30 customers

Search Customer Discussions