Customer Discussions > Romance forum

looking for books on rocky marriages

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 123 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 11:57:45 AM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
Caitie, I just thought there was just so much going on with each individual character. You have a marriage in crisis, also a secret child, a secret marriage, a rape of a daughter, a son who isn't going to follow in his fathers footsteps, a younger child infatuated with the rapest, the daughter that was raped is threatened, a mishap on ship, husband missing, secret son missing (if only for a few minutes), meeting of the 1st wife, new house, new dog, new job, maybe OM, body makeover, husband found, friends husband dies, friend has baby, secret son's engagement, dealing with the rapest, Graduation for the twins, New job for H, working and talking over issues, HEA. I liked the book but I just felt like there was so much too much going on.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 12:16:53 PM PDT
Ophelia says:
Lillian Rose:
That was a great synopsis! I read the book years ago and forgot a lot of what you mentioned. Makes me want to re-read :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 12:30:57 PM PDT
book lover says:
Great review, Lillian Rose. I read this years ago but barely remembered it. After your review, I can't wait to read it again.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 12:54:51 PM PDT
Caitie Quinn says:
I guess it's a taste thing.

A friend summarized times (and books) like that once like this: If you don't tend your garden, you'll be fighting weeds...and you know how fast those weeds attack.

I kind of saw the issues like that.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 1:55:52 PM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
Caitie, don't get me wrong I liked the book, it's just me. I don't know why but it's like I really did like the book and if I had to pick something that would be it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 10:14:34 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Aug 13, 2012 10:21:50 PM PDT]

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 10:24:58 PM PDT
Books&Wine says:
I read the Ocean Between Us years ago and remember really liking it. I'd forgotten major parts of it. The synopsis makes me want to reread it. Sometimes life does throw several curve balls at once.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 4:20:45 AM PDT
Mercered says:
Thanks Lillian! That's a wonderful spoiler! This book has a LOT going on. I definitely going to take a look at it. I'm not a fan of secret children though, but I feel like a little angst. :)

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 6:35:38 AM PDT
C. Stone says:
WOW, Lillian Rose. I wanted to get that book but boy is that a lot going on. Maybe too much

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 6:59:29 AM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
Mercered, C. Stone, I would recommend this book, I think though it's good to know that even though there is alot going on, the story flows well and it's not a struggle to keep up. When I mentioned that about too much going on I was trying to point out the only flaw I could see in this book and to me it is minor, I would have like more to have been written about the other characters but then it would end up being a series of books.

I would lend it to you if I could, I think kate mentioned a few sites where they lend ebooks as well as here. But I definately would recommend you read it. I have to admit I did skim a little, only because of time nothing to do with the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 10:06:05 AM PDT
Good books with couples experiencing rocky marriages, (not for the reasons you stated):

"Point of No Return" by Rachel Lee. Has an older couple with teenage and grown children. Good.

"Line of Scrimmage" by Marie Force.

And there is a good one by Catherine Mann (two word title and I'm drawing a blank.) It has a young couple with two small children. The husband is in the military. Is romantic suspense and I seem to recall that it takes place on an island. Nearing divorce but husband wants to save the marriage. Anyone? Good book.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 11:18:39 AM PDT
Donna S says:
The Catherine Mann book is On Target

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 11:30:02 AM PDT
C. Stone says:
I read On Target a while ago and enjoyed it. I like how well Mann writes military romance.

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 1:57:10 PM PDT
Is there cheating in Point of No Return and on Target? Could you spoil for me? Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 14, 2012 3:54:49 PM PDT
There is no cheating in "Point of No Return" or "On Target." And thank you, Donna, for the title of "On Target."

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 10:20:02 AM PDT
Kate Barley says:
Obsession (Love on the Edge) -- H/h separate because H is obsessed with his job as a cop and is never there for his wife. He was busy celebrating with his colleagues when she miscarried their baby and that was the last straw for the h.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2012 1:59:01 PM PDT
Kate: Is there any sort of a grovel?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2012 2:17:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 21, 2012 2:17:27 PM PDT
Kate Barley says:
I don't remember a grovel because the heroine had the hospital call the hero, they left him a message but because he was on a case, he never got the message. So it was unintentional on his part. The hero does feel remorse though.

I liked the story because you can tell the H/h still genuinely love each other, drifted apart and have to struggle through their issues before reuniting. The heroine resents his preocupation with his career but the hero doesn't understand what the heroine's problem is -- he actually tells her that she knows he loves her, treats her well so what is she complaining about.

Also there are no other parties involved. There's also a suspense plot -- someone is stalking her. The epilogue was sweet.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2012 10:29:44 PM PDT
LUCY says:
Kate
Can you tell me the author of Obsession(Love on the Edge)
Sounds like a book I might like to read.
thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 21, 2012 11:46:04 PM PDT
Kate Barley says:
Sorry -- I usually include the author's name -- there are probably tons of books with that title.

The author is Sharon Cullen.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2012 10:15:35 AM PDT
LUCY says:
Hi Kate
Thanks for the info.

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 7:42:02 AM PST
bump

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 1:25:13 PM PST
Chele says:
More Than Friends by Barbara Delinsky

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 1:28:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2013 1:28:50 PM PST
Spring says:
Fireproof is an excellent book with a christian theme. Loved it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 1:39:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 5, 2013 1:40:18 PM PST
Chele says:
I don't read many Christian themed books but I saw the Fireproof movie starring Kirk Cameron and it was very good.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  59
Total posts:  123
Initial post:  Jul 24, 2012
Latest post:  19 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 33 customers

Search Customer Discussions