Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

A good YA

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 193 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012 7:36:18 PM PDT
Novelsta says:
thanks for sharing Bea!!

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 8:36:43 PM PDT
Bea says:
Your welcome. You'll have to tell me if you like the stories and if you do, which one you liked the best (I'm curious). :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 1:05:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 1:09:14 AM PDT
Adnana says:
Re: Tammara Webber's "Between the Lines" trilogy

I don't know about Emma (the heroine in books 1 and 2), but the heroine in book 3 is not a virgin (as the OP requested).

*SPOILERS*
In fact, she even got pregnant and had an abortion when she was 15.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 1:07:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 1:09:34 AM PDT
Adnana says:
Re: some books already mentioned

I liked "Unearthly" by Cynthia Hand and "Angelfall" by Susan Ee.
And I loved "Significance" by Shelly Crane.

However, these titles are all paranormal YA.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 1:08:01 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 1:08:26 AM PDT
Adnana says:
My favorite Sarah Dessen book has a virgin heroine.
The Truth About Forever

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 1:14:01 AM PDT
Adnana says:
Re: DUFF by Kody Keplinger
No, the heroine had slept with another guy before becoming "friends with benefits" with the hero.

Re: SWEETHEARTS by Sara Zarr
The heroine loses her virginity in the book, but NOT to the hero, but to the boyfriend she didn't love as much as the hero. I don't really remember her reasoning, but it still seems like a TSTL decision, imho.

Re: THE SKY IS EVERYWHERE by Jandy Nelson
I second this book, it's a very interesting story. The hero is super sweet. The heroine has some issues and almost

***spoilers*** loses her virginity to her dead sister's boyfriend (thus cheating on her own current boyfriend, the hero), but it all ends well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 1:17:37 AM PDT
Adnana says:
I second "Bloom" by Elizabeth Scott. The heroine is a virgin, and by the end of the book she sleeps with the hero (unlike the heroine in Sara Zarr's "Sweethearts", she never sleeps with the boyfriend).
Another really good Elizabeth Scott book (and my favorite besides "Bloom") is The Unwritten Rule.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 1:20:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 1:07:36 PM PDT
Adnana says:
Re: Easy by Tammara Webber

I really liked this book, but sorry (again), the heroine is not a virgin, having slept with her former (longtime) boyfriend.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 1:37:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 1:09:30 PM PDT
Adnana says:
A little bit about my preferences (so that you know if our tastes match), regarding the books you loved:
I really liked "Perfect Chemistry" by Simone Elkeles
I really liked Cindy Bennett's books "Heart on a Chain" and "Geek Girl", but "Immortal Mine" not so much (the h REALLY annoyed me at the beginning of the book, because she was atrociously rude to the H, for no good reason)
I thought that the heroine in "Reason to Breathe" was TSTL and really hated the way she rejected to have a personal relationship with the H, only to immediately start something with another guy
"Anna and the French Kiss": an ok read for me, but I was annoyed at how long it took for the hero to break up with his girlfriend and the H & h to get together

I recommend:
The Boys Next Door by Jennifer Echols
The Stillburrow Crush by Linda Kage
Moving Neutral by Katy Atlas: really sweet romance between an ordinary girl and her rock star hero, after they accidentally meet after his concert
My Double Life by Janette Rallison

Ok, with this next recommendation I'm kind of on the fence. There is a bit of a paranormal aspect, but it's a relatively small part of the story (and it only deals with psychic powers, because of Druid ancestry, NOT with vampires or shapeshifters or angels etc.). The reason why I'm so impressed with this book is because
(1) the heroine is very attractive, a bit of a bad girl (she rides a motorcycle) and has dated a lot, but she's still a virgin
(2) there's FABULOUS chemistry between the H & h (they're make out sessions are really hot)
(3) at one point, the H breaks up with the heroine (he's pushing her away for her own good, but the heroine doesn't know what he's thinking, so she just feels hurt and betrayed). And the great thing is, after she mopes for a few days, she gets angry at her moping around because of a guy, she dresses sexy, flirts (VERY successfully) with guys in front of the hero (thereby driving him crazy with jealousy) and organizes a party. I really liked her attitude, trying to be strong despite being hurt, but not doing anything really TSTL or vindictive.
Enchant Me by Anne Violet

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 9:31:36 AM PDT
Re: DUFF
Hm, I forgot that, sorry!

Re: SWEETHEARTS
I didn't see her decision as "TSTL" at all. That book has a lot of depth and is about the heroine's personal growth.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 9:40:16 AM PDT
Mercered says:
Adnana: I'm all over Enchant Me. I love a h who doesn't mope around waiting for the H to wise up! You're right, they do have great chemistry, esp for a YA book. I'm only on chapter 4, can't wait until I have time to read further! I also like how she doesn't mind fighting back, as in the scene with the 3 senior girls in the bathroom.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 10:22:02 AM PDT
Twenty Boy Summer - the mc is a virgin, its about her and her best friend, frankie (female) and their summer at the beach...don't worry, she doesn't sleep with 20 boys... ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 1:06:21 PM PDT
Adnana says:
Re: SWEETHEARTS
I really liked Cam (the hero), he was such a sweetheart. I felt that he and the heroine had such a deep connection, kind of like soulmates. I just couldn't understand why she would choose to be with another guy. But that is just my personal opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 1:11:30 PM PDT
Adnana says:
Yes, this book was such a nice surprise, and TOTALLY worth the 99cents. It's a short, fun read, and the main characters are both awesome (together AND apart).

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 1:13:45 PM PDT
Adnana says:
Oh, I totally forgot to mention another book (actually, a trilogy) which seems to have a lot of fans. It's a deep, lovely story, and it covers a longer time period (a few years).
"The Summer" trilogy by Jenny Han; the first book is The Summer I Turned Pretty.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 7:06:06 PM PDT
Bea says:
@Adnana: Thanks for the info on Enchant Me. I wouldn't have given it a chance otherwise. It sounds really good.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 7:08:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012 7:09:13 PM PDT
This weekend I read Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, Book 1) (which I believe I already mentioned) and Unearthly & Hallowed: An Unearthly Novel, and enjoyed them all. The Unearthly series was particularly good, it had more of the romance angle, and it has a triangle where I actually don't know which guy I prefer, they are both great.

I also LOVED when Clara was watching Tucker through his window, and thought it was very Edward Cullen of herself, I laughed so hard when I read that.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 9:06:30 PM PDT
Lisa says:
Adnana: read Enchant Me, can't wait for bk 2! Love that Alexis is not a teenage girly girly, but a motorcycle riding and racing babe who dresses as she pleases and has a mind of her own. Still think Alexis should have made Christian grovel before taking him back, but it is YA. Thanks!

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 3:26:34 AM PDT
Bookseeker says:
Adnana - Could you tell me a little more about "The Summer I turned Pretty? " I checked it aout and it seems to have great reviews... price is stiff though, so before I buy it I want to make sure it's really a romance. Is Conrad the H? Or there is not a define H? Could you give me some spoilers? Thanks again.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 4:50:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2012 4:51:02 AM PDT
gbaby says:
***Spoilers for "Summer I Turned Pretty" Series***

It is most definitely romance, and at different times during the series the h ends up dating both brothers (not at the same time). The series spans a few years. I love the books.

I was thrown off by the price as well, so I actually ordered all three through my public library.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 5:01:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2012 5:02:56 AM PDT
Mercered says:
Bookseeker: This was one of the first YA's that I read and I absolutely could not put it down...went bleary eyed staying up late reading it....***spoilers***takes place during several summers, the moms have been friends forever and they spend summers at a house on the beach together. One summer the boys start noticing h, h has been in love with older brother, but younger brother is interested in her...goes back and forth between the two.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 5:49:21 AM PDT
I've only read the first one in this series and honestly, I doubt i'll pick up the other 2 - Belly, the h, drove me nuts, she is a prime example of a self-absorbed teen who doesn't pay attention to anything around her...I seriously wanted to reach through the book and whack her about the head...if you are going to read, I would recommend library, I wouldn't buy

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 6:07:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2012 6:08:11 AM PDT
Adnana says:
Lisa said: "...Alexis should have made Christian grovel before taking him back..."

Maybe, but given the level of hotness between them, I can't really blame her for wanting it back, and fast. ;P Besides, he didn't break up with her to hurt her, but thought he was protecting her. And she kind of got her own back and made him suffer just as much by flirting with all those boys. (even though we only get her POV, his feelings are quite clear from his reactions)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 6:21:14 AM PDT
Adnana says:
Keep in mind, I did say that "The Summer" has received great reviews, but personally I didn't care for it very much. Not because of the love triangle -- I only mind does when the girl is flirting and attracted to both guys at the same time, and can't choose between them. Which wasn't the case here. I just thought the heroine was a bit wishy-washy, and I resented various of the H's stupid (imo) choices (both the heroes). I only read the first book entirely. Liked it, didn't love it. But I know what happens in the other books, so I can give you the essential spoilers.
Basically, the h always spends summer with two boys, because their respective mothers are good friends, and their families get together. The h likes the older boy (Conrad) and both of the guys start liking her back. The younger brother (Jeremy) is openly affectionate, the older is rather aloof, though.
It's a romantic trilogy (2 relationships are depicted: the h's first with the older brother, then the younger; and finally we learn with whom of them she ends up with, as in marriage) and it is also a story of personal growth, of all 3 characters (though mainly the heroine's).
Also, just a quick FYI, in case you're curious. The heroine doesn't sleep with one brother, and then gets together with the other. In fact, her relationships with the brothers are unconsummated by the end of the trilogy proper. In the epilogue, of course, she marries one of the brothers.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 6:30:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2012 10:53:59 PM PDT
Adnana says:
I was meaning to ask for recommendations for books similar to Kirsty Moseley's The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window, which I LOVED (in spite of its minor editing issues). I'm a complete sucker for childhood sweethearts stories, especially those without the much dreaded separation trope (whereby H & h are for some reason torn apart as young lovers and only get back together many YEARS later, possibly after they've been in other relationships). I just love the idea of growing up with your soulmate, loving him as a friend, then falling in love with him and living together happily ever after. So, as I was saying, I wanted recommendations for similar stories.

But, I'd also like to share a discovery I've already made. I don't know how much interest there is here in free stories, like those found on smashwords or wattpad. I browsed through Moseley's free novels on wattpad (where "The Boy Who Sneaks..." was initially available before being published) and I discovered another story which I loved. It's called "Always You" and it's mature YA (ie. with sexual content). I LOVED the hero, he was a complete sweetheart and protector and the chemistry with the heroine was awesome.
http://www.wattpad.com/560020-always-you-completed-always-you-chapter-1

ETA: The heroine is a virgin who loses her virginity to the hero.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 May 2, 2016
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
152 Feb 5, 2016
Free Today Third Edition 2932 2 minutes ago
Hilarious mistakes in (mostly self-published) books 9955 6 minutes ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 4891 8 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 1351 12 minutes ago
Looking for title: heroine in a car accident after argument with hero. 33 52 minutes ago
Biker Romance Part 2 6764 1 hour ago
Heroes that grovel correctly *Possible Spoilers* 8976 1 hour ago
Loan Me Thread V. 7 1703 1 hour ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 3918 1 hour ago
Need a good historical romance 364 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  193
Initial post:  Apr 6, 2012
Latest post:  May 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions