Customer Discussions > Romance forum

A good YA

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 193 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 12, 2012 6:35:12 AM PDT
Bookseeker says:
Adnana - Oh Please... is Conrad her ever after????

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 6:56:56 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 13, 2012 5:42:41 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 6:59:05 AM PDT
Bookseeker says:
Adnana - Always You looks great!!! Any of you girls know how to put this story in PDF or any conversion? I know hoe to convert but don't know how to get the story out of the web!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 7:03:21 AM PDT
Adnana says:
"The Summer" Trilogy
SPOILER

Belly comes very close to marrying Jeremy. As in, their wedding day arrives. But yes, her HEA is with Conrad. Not right away... but a few years later they reconnect and eventually they get married.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 7:04:46 AM PDT
Lisa says:
Adana and bookseeker: I used the stanza app and iPad to convert Kirsty's wattapad stories. I haven't been successful with stanza for pc or desktop and wattapad. IIRC, there is a sequel to Always You.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 7:19:51 AM PDT
Bookseeker says:
Lisa - I have to confess that I am techno-differently-abled... but I will try oon my IPad and see if I could do it... not sure if I have that app though...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 7:48:46 AM PDT
Lisa says:
Bookseeker: trust me, I am not a techy either so here is the instruction after you dl the app: on get books tab add wattpad as your book resource, URL is http://www.wattpad.com/opds . Once you have done this you can download the pdf or ePub version of the story then use iBooks. If you dl PDF, you can then convert to mobi. I struggled with stanza, it wasn't an intuitive app, but I eventually got it to work.

One more thing, once in stanza and you've pulled up wattapad, you can't search for specific author or story.

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 7:53:25 AM PDT
Beeg Panda says:
I'd like to second that recc for Always You by Kirsty Moseley - what a great storyline. The sequel to this book is a work in progress : Free Falling - its about the daughter of the H and h in the first book. I'm a huge fan of her work. Ipad has a wattpad app that works beautifully so I can read all my wattpad stories from there - works well for me

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 8:26:21 AM PDT
Susan says:
Beeg--can't find this title by Kirsty Mosely?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 8:45:19 AM PDT
Beeg Panda says:
Susan, her wattpad name is Kirsty1000 - if you do a search under that name can you find it? (Free Falling was previously titled "The New Guy")

I havent it started yet...(my nerves will never be able to stand the tension of waiting for updates LOL)....so I dont know the finer details of the story like whether or not she is a virgin, etc, as per the OPs request - but the h is Riley and Clay's daughter and the author is Kirsty Moseley - thats enough for me lol

extract of blurb:
Up until Maisie Preston's senior year, she would have totally agreed with that statement. Life was great, she had everything going for her, excellent grades, great parents, an annoying yet caring twin brother, and an impossibly sweet boyfriend. Everything was perfect, that is until the arrival of .............

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 10:26:32 AM PDT
Bookseeker says:
LISA - As soon as I reach home I will follow your instructions ***crossing fingers***

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 12:27:25 PM PDT
onlynesh says:
Hi ladies,
Another tech challenged person here. I think i found a simple way to read a wattpad story on your Ipad. I have an Iphone and i just downloaded the Wattlpad app. Then, I searched for the story in Wattlpad by the title and presto it was there. I hope this helps. This doesn't really help me because there's no way my eyes will take reading a whole book on my IPhone. So if anyone figures out a way to get this story in a PDf format please share.(0:
Your reply to onlynesh's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 5:05:20 PM PDT
gbaby says:
Adnana~Thank you for recommending "Always You". I'm about half-way through the story and I totally love the H. Such a sweetheart!

I have a Kindle Fire and the Wattpad app works just fine on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012 10:47:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2012 10:48:20 PM PDT
Adnana says:
I'm glad you're enjoying "Always You".

I found another good story on wattpad, also by Kirsten Moseley. Actually, it might be her best written yet, only it deals with darker themes.
The heroine was a total sweetheart and had the perfect life -- family, boyfriend, wealth -- when a psycho arms dealer saw her in a club and decided he wanted her. On her 16th birthday, he killed her loving boyfriend before her eyes, kidnapped her and forced her to live with him. One week later, he raped her (she was a virgin). Then he proceeded to abuse her for the next 5 months, until the police found her during a surprise drug raid. This 'dark' part is only the first 2 chapters, and there isn't a lot of detail, but it's kind of necessary to get the background.
So 3 years later, the heroine (she's 19 now) is still a complete wreck, blaming herself for her boyfriend's death, obsessed with self-defense training, unable to let anyone touch her without panicking. The hero (21) is a super talented SWAT graduate who is assigned to her as a bodyguard, but it is decided that he pretend to be her boyfriend, so that his bodyguard role isn't obvious to outsiders.
The hero is fabulous. He's super competent as an agent (the best in his class) and he falls for the heroine, this beautiful vulnerable broken girl, practically at first sight. And all he wants is to help her. The heroine is attracted to him (the first guy she likes since her boyfriend) and feels very guilty because of it; her boyfriend with whom she grew up is supposed to have been the love of her life. Oh, and, gradually, it turns out that she can let him touch her without panicking; even more, he can calm her panic with his touch.

So, in other words, I'm totally caught up in this story, even though it has the kind of premise I really hate, usually. But it has such beautiful scenes, like when the heroine and the hero make love for the first time, she asks him if he would mind that she consider this her first time ever, because she doesn't want to remember her real first time.

Anyway, the book is called "Nothing Left to Lose". Read the synopsis and see if you're interested.
http://www.wattpad.com/story/26269-nothing-left-to-lose-completed

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 4:28:46 AM PDT
gbaby says:
Oooh, sounds like another good one. Do you know if it's complete or a WIP? I don't think I can start anything that's not complete.

I started another YA on wattpad yesterday, and it's pretty good so far. I'm on Chapter 16 now and it is a completed work. It's called "The Kissing Booth" and the author is Beth Reeks (Reekles). Here is the blurb:

Meet Rochelle Evans. She's sixteen. Pretty, popular, a good-girl and she's never been kissed. Meet Noah Flynn, her best friend Lee's older brother. Bad-ass, violent, and he's a total player. So when Elle and Lee decide to do a kissing booth for the Spring Carnival, she doesn't expect her life to turn upside down and inside out. Elle's going to fight what her heart wants every step of the way. This is Elle's story, and it's going to be one messy, bumpy romance that's nothing like the fairy tales say. But will she get her happily ever after?

http://www.wattpad.com/story/203382-the-kissing-booth

I am really loving the H, even though he is kind of a jerk so far, lol. Sort of reminds me of Conrad in the "Summer" series we were discussing yesterday.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 5:07:50 AM PDT
Mercered says:
Adana: I'm in the middle of reading that too....I'm reading wayyyy too many books at once, have you read the sequel to that one? I think it's Enjoying the Chase? It's the story of the H's classmate from the academy.

Gbaby: I couldn't carry my ipad around while I was at Disney last week so I put Wattpad on my phone, and was jumping between Nothing Left to Lose and The Kissing Booth. So far I've gotten to the point where she's at the party and gets drunk. Cannot wait to finish this one.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 5:32:21 AM PDT
Susan says:
Just put wattpad on my kindle. Thanks guys!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 6:08:03 AM PDT
Beeg Panda says:
gbaby - The Kissing Booth sounds good. Is Noah a jerk towards Rochelle or just in general? Pls tell me there's no cheating? No love traingles? Im looking for something new to read and wattpad is so convenient on ipad, so many untapped works we dont even know about

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 6:35:42 AM PDT
Lisa says:
Thanks, gbaby! Got it, can't wait to start it!

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 7:42:36 AM PDT
Bookseeker says:
Ladies - to read these stories in Wattpad you guys have to be always connected online? Or the stories download in your device? Need to know if I am doig something wrong. Thank you my girls!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 7:46:29 AM PDT
Lisa says:
Once you find your story, hit save then check your library.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 9:49:20 AM PDT
Adnana says:
I'm reading on my laptop, and I have to stay connected to the Internet, it's like opening different Internet webpages.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 9:55:30 AM PDT
Bookseeker says:
I am in chapter 5 of "Always you"; WOW WOW it is really really good!!! I loooove Clay... but Ian Sumerhalder??? That's a low blow, geez it's so hard to choose!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 9:56:09 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 13, 2012 9:57:31 AM PDT
Adnana says:
"Nothing Left to Lose" is completed. In fact, I've been marathon-reading it and I'll probably be finished with it today.

I LOVE this story, the H really is the perfect boyfriend and he's also super badass when he has to go after the bad guys to save the heroine (towards the end) -- he's like super agent/warrior. My only frustration with this book is that the heroine, for too long, didn't open up regarding her feelings towards the hero, because she was afraid he wouldn't love her back, as he was allegedly such a player. (he may have been a player before, but, after meeting her, he is soooo into the heroine that he doesn't even notice other women, except maybe to be annoyed when they're hitting on him. and the way he always acted towards the heroine, she should have seen how completely crazy about her he was). But oh well, the conflict had to come from somewhere, and the heroine is such a sweetheart in all other respects, that I didn't hold her obtuseness against her (much). :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2012 10:05:43 AM PDT
Adnana says:
Well, I think the face she imagined for Clay is Cam Gigandet's, so I thinks that's GOOOOD. Totally drool-worthy competition for Ian Sommerhalder.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
105 Jun 10, 2014
great nice guy who is a freak in the sack 31 1 minute ago
Biker romance 9947 1 minute ago
BBA (a.k.a Books Are Not Babies) 4555 7 minutes ago
Loan Me Thread V. 6 2013 11 minutes ago
Hilarious mistakes in (mostly self-published) books 7027 12 minutes ago
Quirky fun sweet h OTT alpha H.. H saves h from something... 1 13 minutes ago
Hero Genuinely Believes Heroine Is Dead. Cue Massive Angst. 193 16 minutes ago
Nursing mother 32 19 minutes ago
Worst Betrayl Ever!!! 8973 32 minutes ago
Funny Romantic Reads(laugh out loud ones!) 16 32 minutes ago
Firefighters romance 15 34 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  193
Initial post:  Apr 6, 2012
Latest post:  May 16, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions