Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Hilarious mistakes in (mostly self-published) books

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1626-1650 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 1:54:03 PM PDT
sista A says:
Well, you know, if it quakes like a slug and wakes like a slug...

I wonder -- how slow would a hesitant slug really be? The mind boggles!

Posted on May 13, 2012 3:59:12 PM PDT
lifewontwait says:
Mental picture of a large banana slug attempting to cover its blushing face while the h attempts to wind it around the H...and it makes one wonder how the H could stand still while having the slimy creature applied. : p

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 5:54:42 PM PDT
Lisa in OK says:
:::snort::: quacking in the hall.

That just cracked me up all over the place.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 5:56:06 PM PDT
Lisa in OK says:
I did the same thing.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 11:04:00 PM PDT
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

I think quacking in the hall is wonderful. Any H who still loves the h after finding her quacking in the hall is a H worth having. Especially is a deadly clam fell on him.

Actually, if a deadly clam fell on him, he couldn't be had after all. Maybe the h was quacking in sorrow.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2012 11:05:17 PM PDT
Don't you mean it quacked you up?

Posted on May 14, 2012 12:39:11 AM PDT
Neeta says:
Thankyou all - I just snorted coffee through my nose. When will I ever learn NOT to drink coffee while reading this thread!!

Posted on May 14, 2012 2:32:06 AM PDT
Rena Ruadh says:
In a Mills & Boon romance: Heroine says to hero in response to his question about proper winter clothes - "I've got a nice warm coat, a pair of sturdy boats and the thick socks to go with them." I picture a pair of rowing boats on the girl's feet....

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 4:34:28 AM PDT
Lisa in OK says:
Lol! I thought about it . . .

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 6:41:31 AM PDT
Curmudgeon says:
Maybe she has REALLY big feet

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 8:18:19 AM PDT
sista A says:
...or she wants to walk on water.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 9:59:36 AM PDT
LittleDoc says:
*SNERK* Ah, dang, now there's coffee on my keyboard....

I LOVE the Henry Higgins image! That's going to entertain me all day.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 10:17:30 AM PDT
LittleDoc says:
Okay, now I HAVE to go there... should I wait a whole hour after eating before I dive into those waters? Because I have to tell you I laughed so hard at this thread that I got a cramp.

Posted on May 14, 2012 12:45:23 PM PDT
The whole damn thing. Really.

The Cries Of Vampira

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 2:45:41 PM PDT
So I should or shouldn't download this saga?

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 3:07:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2012 3:08:26 PM PDT
@ RENA: ..... KK... it's not just a mental image. I have seen some fool try to cross a small pond like this (on one of those funniest video shows) with small pontoon-like boats strapped to each foot. Try to walk across a lake like that. He discovered that without (whores, oars, whatever :-) ) it was nearly impossible. LOL

PS: i think he lacked the $$$ to rent two decent whores......LOL

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 4:55:18 PM PDT
Only if you want to read some of the most jaw-dropping wtf-ery this side of the Eye of Argon. ;p

Here's my review for part one of the saga: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1HYCDCPVUDYNT/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

And in a similar vein there's also this one, but it's a sampler so you won't be distracted for too long.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1E6LR6DG4L3VS/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 7:11:49 PM PDT
>>in a similar vein<<

Vampire saga ~ similar vein? Oh, John. That is just so bad!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012 11:09:17 PM PDT
LittleDoc says:
Oh, ouch. My head hurts. Is Bradock panicking onto his feet, or shouting onto them? Help me out here.

Also, I will point out - being something of an expert on this - that horses do not whine. Whining is NOT acceptable in equine circles. WHINNYING, sure. Whining - right out. Also, they really hate callously stepping on things like loose rocks and rolly logs and the backs of people stabbing one another. It's a rule. Just sayin'.

I wish *I* had one of those knives that penetrates effortlessly into people's necks and up into their skulls. It would make my next amputation surgery a LOT easier. I could probably just waft the blade in the general direction of the patient and: PRESTO. I am so JEALOUS. I am going to go quack in the hall now until someone gives me one.

(I will say the author seems very enthusiastic, and I kind of like how energetic they are. Maybe it's just too much Red Bull, but ZOWIE.)

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 3:54:02 AM PDT
Maybe he was on a large dog instead. I saw a Newfie recently that was the size of a Shetland pony.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 4:38:57 AM PDT
Maybe you could take up opthamology and help those poor souls whose eyes don't have the chance to pity their sudden loss of life. We could do a fundraiser.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 8:32:20 AM PDT
LittleDoc says:
You guys have to wait til I put my coffee down before making be burst out laughing like that! [mops screen]

The Newfie would explain a few things... dogs have NO respect for people stabbing one another and will callously stand on anyone like that, while whining constantly. And also slobbering. A lot.

John, I think we SHOULD do a fundraiser. I HATE when people's eyes don't have the time to pity their sudden loss of life. Didn't Jerry Lewis used to do a telethon for this...?

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 8:44:46 AM PDT
sista A says:
So you are a duck not a doc. Or are you a quack? This is all very confusing. ;-)

Posted on May 15, 2012 8:53:53 AM PDT
ketterperson says:
Maybe we need a new thread for this. Listening to a Karen Robards books, and the reader (who is generally good), pronounced "tow-head" to rhyme with "cow-head." Ugh.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012 9:01:15 AM PDT
LittleDoc says:
:D There are times I was pretty sure I was quacking (we sometimes say that when we have a hunch but not proof, as in: "Whew, glad I was right on that. I was pretty sure I was quacking there for a bit, suggesting that expensive diagnositc test - but it was a good idea, so I guess I wasn't quacking after all.") So it may in fact be hard, on any given day, to know if I am a duck, a doc, a duck doc, or a quack. (FWIW, I rarely see ducks in practice. Saw a chicken once, though. So maybe I'm clucking instead of quacking....)
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  442
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2012
Latest post:  26 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 47 customers

Search Customer Discussions