Motorcycle Man-Kristen Ashley-SPOILER THREAD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 226 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 2:38:35 PM PDT
C.Romero says:
@diremommy, good to know!

Posted on May 29, 2012 2:51:31 PM PDT
Miss says:
I could care less about shoes. I wear old school black Vans most of the time and I don't think that I have ever spent more than 65.00 on a pair. My teenage sons however have shoes that are pretty expensive and cost a hell of a lot more than what I pay for mine.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 2:54:53 PM PDT
I usually wear bright green Converse. They cost me $45.00 and I think they are awesome. Unless I'm at work, then I wear the same pair of black, all purpose, lawyer shoes made by Franco Sarto that I've been wearing for a decade at least.

These:

Franco Sarto Women's Nolan Tailored Slip-on

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 3:03:36 PM PDT
Bitchie says:
I'm not a shoe freak either. I can't do heels, my feet are too messed up. I generally wear Skechers, and I do admit to looking longingly at certain cute ones, but I buy usually once a year, if that. I don't have tons of shoes.

In summer I wear sandals, usually something flat, Clarks are faves of mine, but again, my feet are messed up, and I have a tough time finding ones that don't rub my little toes. I like comfy flip flops in summer, but my hubby HATES them, says they look white trash. I get the pretty ones, but he still hates them.

But no I'm not one to moan in ecstasy over shoes. I like purses more than shoes, and I don't go as nuts over those either. I'm more a gadget girl, lol!

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 3:13:51 PM PDT
I just really want a heroine who is different. Because I'm really sick of all of her heroines being essentially the same person, just rewritten over and over and over. I'm not reading another one until someone swears to me that the h isn't a 1980's party girl rewritten for the twenty-first century. :)

Posted on May 29, 2012 4:43:13 PM PDT
Susan says:
The most money I spend on a pair of shoes is always for running shoes.

Posted on May 29, 2012 5:52:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2012 5:53:46 PM PDT
Vasbie says:
-one of the things I loved about Mara in Law Man was how flabbergasted she was that shoes could even cost $700 or $800, let alone that someone (Gwen) would spend that. (I have to admit to being a little obsessed with shoes, and i own way too many pairs, but my idea of a splurge is $80, NOT $800.)

-I am also looking forward to Chase and Faye's story but I never really got why Chase married (Misty?) in the first place. Did he do it as part of his "cover"? Was he ever on the wrong side of that whole mess?

-Jules in RC #4 was a virgin.

Edited b/c I really should read my entry before posting

Posted on May 29, 2012 6:06:05 PM PDT
Lulu says:
Vasbie - Chace was forced to marry Misty in order to protect his father. Nasty Sherriff Arnold Fuller had taped a sex-a-thon with Chace's father and Misty and another woman and would have released it. Misty's price for doing it was marriage to Chace. So he hated her with good reason.

Thanks for the info on on the RC series. I didn't think KA had any virgin heroines lol.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 6:13:31 PM PDT
Vasbie says:
That's right- I forgot about the sex tape!

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 6:38:18 PM PDT
@Lulu
"Chace was forced to marry Misty in order to protect his father. Nasty Sherriff Arnold Fuller had taped a sex-a-thon with Chace's father and Misty and another woman and would have released it. Misty's price for doing it was marriage to Chace. So he hated her with good reason."

I'm also looking forward to Chace and Faye's book. I wondered about Chace and Misty - if they slept together during their marriage etc.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 6:43:04 PM PDT
D. Stom says:
re: Chace was forced to marry Misty in order to protect his father

I didn't get the impression it was to protect his +father+, more like protect his +cover+ as Internal Affairs. Dunno. Yet another one I'm going to have to re-read and try to figure out. Somehow, I'm not sure KA actually thought that particular plot-point all the way through; I do know that every time I read it I'm still confused.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 6:45:36 PM PDT
Bitchie says:
Me too. It's like, he's a bad guy, all through the book, married to this witch woman. And then at the end....oops he's not a bad guy after all, he got a raw deal cause of is dad.

I'm totally going to have to give that series a reread when Chace and Faye's story.

Posted on May 29, 2012 6:46:54 PM PDT
Lulu says:
D. Stom, good point, I thought that Chace did do it to protect his father but it also could have been to protect his cover. I wasn't clear either and I read those passages multiple times. Hopefully, it'll be explained in their book which is out in August I believe.

Judith, I can't imagine that Chace would have touched Misty afterwards. He had been with her prior to being forced to marry her. I think it was Ty who talked about it, or maybe Tate?

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012 6:49:38 PM PDT
Jmv_17 says:
Yeah, and we also hear that he "cheated" on Misty quite a bit throughout their "marriage".

Posted on May 29, 2012 7:38:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2012 9:25:45 PM PDT
Sandra H says:
I'm thinking that I read something a while back on KA's FB page or website that she got inspiration for Faye's character from Zooey Deschanel on the tv show New Girl. Does that sound right?

Posted on May 30, 2012 12:11:51 AM PDT
I agree that her heroines can be quite same-y, but I still like most of them. Some of the Rock Chicks are a bit much for me But I don't get this big hair and shoe thing that seems to be annoying a lot of people. The only shoe obsession I remember is in Mystery Man. I would like her to branch out a bit in her characters though I don't think the heroines are interchangeable, they do seem to share a lot of the same traits-and the same figures I mean seriously there are other body types than tall with a lot of T & A-and I found particularly in Play it Safe I thought we were getting a different sort of character but then she left for a while and came back a rock chick. I'm hoping Faye will be something new and I'm very excited to read that one when it eventually is released.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012 12:34:52 PM PDT
TravelingGal says:
The clothes, room descriptions, and shoes don't bother me that much (other than my inability to relate to people who wear high heels ALL the time!). The hair does get to me and I agree that it would be nice to read about a different body type. I felt the same way about Play It Safe - that KA was going down a different path and boom! rock chick. As I recall, the heroine of Lucky Stars, which I think is next up, is actually quite petite which would make a nice change. I don't hold out much hope for Faye though since KA already mentioned what great hair she had in the brief scene in Lady Luck.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012 12:46:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 30, 2012 12:47:02 PM PDT
wondercat says:
Sandra H, I remember reading the same thing about Faye's character and Zooey being the inspiration. And I specifically remember this because I went around the house singing "hey girl...whatcha doin?" (theme song from New Girl) all freakin' weekend after she wrote that.

Posted on May 30, 2012 12:48:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 30, 2012 12:49:28 PM PDT
Lulu says:
I'd like KA to use a different body type too for a change. Not all women are curvy and busty and carrying extra pounds either. I did get the impression that Tyra was pretty fit (until she started drinking beer and eating chips lol!). After all, Tack really liked her in her yoga clothes. But I don't mind the clothes and shoe references as I think it gives a series flavor. It helps me build the picture in my mind.

And, yes, we've already heard that Faye has the 3rd best hair in Carnal, after Laurie and Lexie lol!!! Though Lexie wondered if they weren't just being nice to her (that is, Lexie) and maybe Faye is #2.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012 1:46:13 PM PDT
I quite like a bit of description as well! I think it is a bit excessive at times but it helps me create more of a picture for me when I have an idea of what their homes look like, what there wearing. I don't really like it when I read a book and you don't get a hint about what the characters even look like and that's not a complaint that can be levied against Kristen Ashley.

That said I don't need a description of every outfit, shoes and hairstyle. And have to say I think there are some bad fashion decisions! One that stands out for me is Anya's dress in Knight, i think it's described as super short, super tight, one shouldered with a big cut out. This sounds absolutely awful to me! Perhaps I'm picturing it wrong but to me it screamed Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.

Posted on May 30, 2012 1:51:33 PM PDT
Bea Reader says:
I like the descriptives, it sets the mood. I will agree that it doesn't need to be in every paragraph and updated :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012 3:24:19 PM PDT
Bitchie says:
I like knowing how someone is dressed. Tell me she's wearing a blue sheath dress and some sexy kitten heels. I don't need to know there are three ruffles around the neck, that it has an a-line skirt, white trim around the bottom, and that she's wearing it with 6 bangle bracelets, long chandelier earrings, 3 inch heeled peep toed blue and white pumps with little bows on the sides, etc etc etc.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012 3:36:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 30, 2012 3:37:03 PM PDT
LOL diremommy, I just read a book with tinkerbell panties with a little wee pink bow in the front. I rolled my eyes a little bit when I read it. I did like the book though..Your description just reminded me of it and made me laugh.

I don't need in depth descriptions of lingerie or undies either honestly lmao.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012 3:42:40 PM PDT
Bitchie says:
Well tinkerbell panties kinda tells you something about the person wearing them, so I wouldn't mind that. It lets you know the woman has a fun, quirky side. :)

Ruffles and bangles down to the number though- that's just more than I need to know.

Posted on May 30, 2012 5:59:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 30, 2012 7:52:43 PM PDT
Lisa in OK says:
Just read this book - got it as a birthday gift - Thank you, you know who you are! :)

I thoroughly enjoyed this book (I pretty much have enjoyed all of the KA books I've read) and I'd rate it a 4/5. I did have some teeth-grinding moments, though. For example, for being 35, Tyra still seemed a little . . . uncollected, as in the direct opposite of "calm, cool, and collected". I guess, at my age, I lack appreciation for the silly, wishy-washy games she (at her age) was playing. I can still tolerate it from younger h's in other books, but even that is beginning to lose its charm.

Some aspects of the depiction of the "motorcycle lifestyle" bugged me and momentarily destroyed my suspension of disbelief. Mainly, the "second-class citizen" treatment. If a man talked to me like that, (tone of voice, calling me his "old lady" or "Biker B . . . ) we'd be done. I have explained to my husband that it is a "passenger seat" and I don't care what other people call it. Fortunately, DH is not a biker, he just rides a motorcycle . . .

This is going to sound PollyAnna-ish, but the pot smoking at the party bugged me. Here's Tack, all "the club got out of the drug business and into the retail/bodyshop/club business" so they don't do illegal stuff anymore. Oh, except smoke pot.

I'm a very black and white sort of person. Illegal is illegal and not really open to personal interpretation. Yeah, I know the attitudes in the book were right in line with real life, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. I know that Tack wasn't smoking it, but he condoned it and I really hold my heros to a higher standard.

Strangely enough, the crew beating the ever-lovin' crap out of someone didn't bother me a bit. Hmmm.

Overall, Tack's "make you weak in the knees" lines were . . . magnificent. Breathtaking. Sublime. Ultimately sigh-worthy. :::sigh:::

If he were a little black and white cat, I'd kiss all over his face, call him "Mon Cheri", and say things like "Do not come wiz me to ze Casbah - we shall make beautiful musicks togezzer right here!"

ETA: Changed my display name because I saw another Lisa F posted before me. . . literally, even, lol.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  43
Total posts:  226
Initial post:  May 22, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions