Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Next book series to read, help!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 6, 2012 5:05:32 PM PDT
I just finish reading into the wilderness book series, after I read the entire outlander series. I love books that takes you through all the characters lives and continues into the next book and beyond...
does anyone know of similar series?.. with history, action and romance and does not end after the 1st book?
thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:13:16 PM PDT
cathyr says:
So do you want the same couple to keep being the main hero and heroine of each book? Or more they have major roles as the story progresses, but we change the major couple each time?

Contemporary? Paranormal?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012 5:16:16 PM PDT
Nothing is really comparable to Outlander, but here are some suggestions of historical series with the same main characters that have Multi-novel arcs:

- Sebastian St. Cyr series by C.S. Harris
- Lady Julia series by Deanna Raybourn
- Lady Emily series by Tasha Alexander

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 5:18:07 PM PDT
Susan says:
As a fan of the two series that you finished, I would say the only books that I've read that were similar are John Jakes' Kent Family Chronicles and North and South series. While they aren't considered romance as much as historical fiction, but they involve love stories.

Posted on Jul 7, 2012 5:06:48 PM PDT
Thank you Susan!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 5:11:27 PM PDT
comtemporary or historical... no crazy about paranormal.. even through what started my love for reading was reading the twilight book series :)

I like them to have major role as the story progresses...ok to read about their extending family...
thank you for your time Cathyr

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2012 5:25:26 PM PDT
thank you Literary Lady!

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 7:35:03 PM PDT
if you haven't read the "earth's children" books by jean auel, they are pretty good. you don't really get in to the romance until the second book, however.The Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth's Children, Book One): with Bonus Content
also, the mackenzie series by linda howard is good. not as involved, but still has the same characters. Mackenzie's Mountain
the cynthia harrod-eagles "dynasty" series doesn't have continuing characters throughout the series, but it does have the same family. Dynasty 1: The Founding: The Founding (The Morland Dynasty) donna gillespie has two books, The Light Bearer and Lady of the Light
mary sewart arthurian trilogy is really good.Legacy: Arthurian Saga (Four book bundle of Crystal Cave, The Hollow Hills, The Last Enchantment and The Wicked Day)
i don't know if this is your type, but the eve dallas series by j.d. robb has continuing characters as well.Naked in Death
and, if you want to take a chance on fantasy books, if you haven't read them yet, david eddings has aq couple of series that are gentle introductions into the genre, with romance thrown in. either Pawn of Prophecy (The Belgariad, No 1) or The Diamond Throne

Posted on Jul 9, 2012 2:15:41 AM PDT
Roberta Gellis has the Roselynde Chronicles Roselynde (The Roselynde Chronicles, Book One); Alinor (Roselynde Chronicles, Book Two); Joanna (The Roselynde Chronicles, Book 3) -- this goes to 8 books with some crossover to some of her other sereis. This is historically pretty accurate (I placed into a collage senior history class by my understanding of who was on what thrown and what their relationship was -- I gained said knowledge only from reading these books).

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2012 6:01:53 PM PDT
thank you Bep.. I have added to my list...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2012 6:02:07 PM PDT
Thank you Stephanie!

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 1:38:28 PM PDT
Lisa says:
The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons plus the sequels

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 9:19:49 AM PDT
Thank you!

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 1:09:56 PM PDT
Magelet says:
Seconding The Bronze Horseman, it's amazing. Just make sure you have the sequels on hand when you start reading, because the first book is a tear-jerker (especially if you read it before there were sequels like I did, didn't realise there were going to be any, and hadn't been warned about the ending beforehand! :).

They're fantasy, but I highly recommend the Tairen Soul/Fading Lands series by C.L. Wilson, the first Nine Kingdoms trilogy (Morgan/Miach) by Lynn Kurland, and the Sharing Knife series by Lois McMaster Bujold.

On Kindle, the Out of Time series by Monique Martin is quite good and so is the Elemental Mysteries series by Elizabeth Hunter.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2012 1:17:41 PM PDT
Try dark hunter series or lords of the underworld

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2012 1:28:43 PM PDT
Thank you Magalet, the bronze horseman has come up a lot... are you saying that it has a nice ending? I know there are a great books that even if the ending is bad is worth reading, however I am a sucker for happy endings, if I spent my spare time reading books want to make sure I am not depress after I finish reading a series :)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2012 1:30:40 PM PDT
Magelet says:
Martha: The Bronze Horseman has an incredibly sad ending, however, there are sequels and you find out that things aren't what they seemed. So overall, the couple has a happy ending, just not in the first book. :)

Posted on Aug 7, 2012 6:45:38 PM PDT
Susan says:
I'm in a minority here. Based on all of the recommendations I read The Bronze Horseman and I didn't really like it. I thought it was very bleak (which, I guess it obviously should have been, considering the setting). I also didn't like the H. I thought he was very wishy-washy. I bought the second book and never read it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa17d5450)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Jul 6, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions