Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Pregnancy on purpose/ accident

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 86 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 30, 2012 9:09:15 AM PDT
MegMeg says:
I'm looking for books where the couple forgets or decides to leave off the condom in the heat of the moment or in historicals the hero doesn't pull out.

Examples would be:
Game For Love- Bella Andre
The Kept Woman- Susan Donovan

However, I like it when pregnant is not for revenge or anything mean. Funny and light books are more my style but if the book is really good, I don't care either way.

Any help would be great. Thanks!!!

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 11:13:18 AM PDT
Lisa says:
Three Wishes by Kristen Ashley - on purpose, Nate wants Lily bound to him
Delinquent Daddy by Linda Kage - heat of the moment, outdoors and in public, too

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 11:25:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2012 11:26:11 AM PDT
read4fun says:
Paradise by Judith McNaught

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 1:09:11 PM PDT
B. Lim says:
Delinquent Daddy Linda Kage is a cheating book.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2012 1:17:26 PM PDT
L. Burns says:
B. Lim:

Have you read Delinquent Daddy recently and was the kindle formatting OK? I'm asking because I purchased this one last year and returned it (after having read very little) because the formatting was horrible.

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 2:12:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 30, 2012 2:21:18 PM PDT
B. Lim says:
i read it and it was ok read. the hero was an ass. there no grovel for what he did to h. he treated the h like a booty call and never intended to stay with her. they were dated 8 months and cheated on the h. the cheated is debatable because he didn't complete the act, but to me is cheating whether u complete the act or not. he did abandon his child by not checking on the h to see if she pregnant or not. i could send u the book if you wanted? not worth buying the book.

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 2:54:22 PM PDT
Pregnancy of Passion by Lucy Monroe (HP, of course, with that title)
Good story. The h/H were together and she got pregnant quick. He didn't believe it was his, of course. She miscarries and leaves. He spends a year trying to get her to see / talk to him.

Finally an issue comes up at his work that requires a bodyguard. He is the bodyguard. He is intent on getting her pregnant again because he has consulted a doctor and a counselor who said getting her pregnant might help with the post partum (spell?) depression. He feels like his a**hole behavior when she told him she was pregnant caused her to miscarry.

Good book.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2012 3:19:27 PM PDT
L. Burns says:
I'm probably going to pass on that one. There was one line (early in the book, before I gave up) where the h notices a man standing on her front steps. For a minute she hesitates (because she doesn't recognize him), but then she notices that he's good looking and she thinks to herself "well, you can't rape the willing". I know, weird thing to get hung up on, but it turned me off. I've heard that expression before but it just rubs me the wrong way, I guess.

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 4:36:51 PM PDT
B. Lim says:
her client were the one who trying to rape the h. after that incident she was fire from her job.

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 8:23:30 PM PDT
Annie says:
Im glad im not the only one who didnt like Linda's Delinquent Daddy. Her books are usually good, but this one really wasnt.

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 10:13:33 PM PDT
Jeremy D says:
Satin Lies by Tricia Jones

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 12:25:59 AM PDT
B. Lim says:
Satin Lies by Tricia Jones was the ending kind abrupt? I didn't like the book because the h is evil for keeping the child against father. Just because she didn't believe he is a good dad doesn't mean he can't be a good father.

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 5:34:46 AM PDT
P. Ripke says:
Lucy Monroe has several HP books with this theme. There is one cute short story in this anthology.
3 Brides for 3 Bad Boys
Maya Banks is another author with HP's that fit this catagory. There is a series of 4 books all with a pregnant h.
Enticed by His Forgotten Lover (Harlequin Desire)
Wanted by Her Lost Love (Harlequin Desire)
Tempted by Her Innocent Kiss (Harlequin Desire)
Undone by Her Tender Touch (Harlequin Desire)

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 6:08:04 AM PDT
Bookseeker says:
Not Another Bad Date (Avon Romance) by Rachel Gibson Is funny and light book, the pregnancy is almost at the end by accident. I love this book!

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 9:01:44 PM PDT
CityGirl says:
An Affair with Mr. Kennedy (The Gentlemen of Scotland Yard). The H and h have sex with and w/o protection.

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 12:27:27 AM PDT
Jeremy D says:
Billionaire's Baby Bargain by Shelli Stevens

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 11:31:02 AM PDT
MegMeg says:
WOW, thank you everyone. I'm going to look these books up now. :) I haven't read any of these!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2012 11:36:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 4, 2012 11:36:55 AM PDT
MegMeg says:
Bookseeker: I love that book! Rachel Gibson rocks.

Posted on Sep 5, 2012 8:31:15 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 9, 2012 12:30:52 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 9, 2012 12:30:58 AM PDT
MegMeg says:
bump

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 7:58:15 AM PDT
bigsigh82 says:
I liked Under the Cowboy's Control. The H want's to get the h pregnant to tie her to him.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 12:45:45 PM PST
MegMeg says:
Thanks, looks good

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 1:41:23 PM PST
Annie says:
Mommy by Surprise (Silhouette Intimate Moments) was really good. Heroine gets preggers, husband doesnt wait the baby because he made it clear b4 marriage. So she purposely gets pregnant, he sees it as a deception and then they divorce.nstory picks up 8 years later and what do u know? They spend the night together and shes pregnant, again. Not on purpose this time. Theres more to the story than just the pregnancy, actually. The ending was really good. I didnt seebit coming.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 3:15:12 PM PST
I agree with you; "Mommy by Surprise" was a very good read. One of the better published Silhouette/Harlequin books; not that they are all bad, but just mostly predictable and average.

Though the hero acted like a jerk after finding out about the baby, what he did in the end more than made up for every nasty things he said to her. I believed in their HEA 100% and did went on to read the other books in this series just to get a glimpse into their lives and boy is it worth the money even if there are only a few scenes with these two in there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 4:38:07 PM PST
Annie says:
The couple feature in another book of the series?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  40
Total posts:  86
Initial post:  Aug 30, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 31 customers

Search Customer Discussions