Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Hero doesn't want kids but heroine gets pregnant anyway?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 3, 2012 8:46:54 AM PDT
Kelly says:
Hey,

I'm looking for some suggestions where the hero is adamant about not wanting kids but he gets the heroine pregnant (accidentally of course) and then resents her/blames her/ etc..

Historical or contemporary.. no paranormal please!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 8:54:59 AM PDT
PattiLynn says:
Kiss an Angel by SEP, one of my favorites of hers since I do love me a tortured hero.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 9:06:12 AM PDT
readtoomuch says:
Sarah's Child (Hqn Romance) by Linda Howard

and I second Patricia's suggestion for Kiss an Angel Susan Elizabeth Phillips

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2012 11:04:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 3, 2012 11:21:19 AM PDT
Wendy says:
Years by Lavyrle Spencer.

Also, and this is a big, big spoiler for the books by Julia Spencer Fleming so don't read any further if you happen to be into that series and hate spoilers but....
At the end of the last book One Was a Soldier: A Clare Fergusson/Russ Van Alstyne Novel (Clare Fergusson and Russ Van Alstyne Mysteries) the heroine is pregnant. SPOILER FOR COMING BOOK AT THE END OF 2012.....blurbs the author is putting out for the next book is that the hero is very unhappy about the pregnancy. He really wanted her to have an abortion but she doesn't. He's 52, the heroine 35, and he thinks he's too old for kids. These aren't strictly romance however, and there is infidelity involved in the first books. They're more mystery/suspense, but I read them for the romance. Excellent series though. For anyone who likes Diana Gabaldon's Outlander, Russ is a modern day Jamie IMHO

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 11:57:39 AM PDT
Beebs says:
Julia Quinn's The Duke and I (Bridgerton Series, Book 1)

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 12:22:52 PM PDT
P. Ripke says:
Sarah's Child (Hqn Romance)
Not one of my favorite books, but definitely fits this theme.

Posted on Apr 3, 2012 5:44:20 PM PDT
Alissa's Miracle by gina gray ( similar to sarah's child)

I just found this book in a thread in which somebody was looking for the title of a book in which an older hero married a younger h and did not want any children ( his are grown) but the h got pregnant. Deep in the Heart (Crystal Creek, No. 1) by Barbara Kaye.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012 6:43:01 PM PDT
Kelly says:
Bump

Thanks for the suggestions!

Posted on Apr 6, 2012 5:47:46 AM PDT
Hi Kelly

I started a similar thread a few weeks ago. There are a few suggestions on it that may interest you. Same topic: basically guy gets girl pregnant and is a total a$$ about it until he sees the light http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdMsgNo=1&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=TxEEVR1JC9TTYJ&cdMsgID=MxHJN8PK82AZEU#MxHJN8PK82AZEU

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2012 8:18:13 PM PDT
This Heart of Mine by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. LOVED it!

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 6:17:39 AM PDT
misty9 says:
Delinquent Daddy

I liked it. H/h are both in college.H breaks up with her and she later finds out she's pregnant.
He hates her for it, says many spiteful things.
She tells him she's had a miscarriage.
10 yrs later, her daughter is searching for her father.

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 7:11:49 AM PDT
Reader in NJ says:
The Marriage Truce by Sara Craven. This book was recently discussed on one of the other threads in this forum.

Posted on Apr 30, 2012 7:54:40 AM PDT
JennyG. says:
Gabriel's Bride by Samantha James - very angsty and not PC.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 4:55:28 AM PST
Dani D says:
bump

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 8:28:22 AM PST
Robin Wilson says:
A Bouquet of Babies-contemporary anthology. (Don't let the silly title sway you. It's worth it for the Linda Howard story alone.)
Cutters Vs. Jocks, A Prequel Novella to Binding Arbitration and Binding Arbitration-a moving storyline that still chokes me up when I revisit the characters.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 9:30:51 AM PST
J. Manfull says:
Mommy by Surprise (Silhouette Intimate Moments) by Paula Detmer Riggs

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 5:01:41 AM PST
Mo says:
I re-read Sarah's Child recently - even better second time around. LOVED Binding Arbitration - think I borrowed that one but will get around to buying it at some stage - very emotional and the prequel novella was good too.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:23:05 AM PST
A Customer says:
Take This Regret starts out this way - The H and h part ways b/c she wants to keep the baby. But then the book picks up 5 years later when the H sees his child in a store and tries to earn his family back. Fantastic book.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:25:01 AM PST
Mo says:
Yep, that was a good one too....

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 7:35:04 PM PST
BookHawk says:
One Night With a Hero (Heroes)

Posted on Jan 21, 2013 2:05:28 PM PST
BUMP

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 10:44:39 AM PST
Dani D says:
Divorce Etiquette

H and h are divorced because he didn't want children but she did. They meet again and they have still feelings for each other. Neither of them has changed his mind.
S P O I L E R S
They have sex and H uses an old condom which the h has forgotten to throw away because it's too old.
He finds out later and accuses her of betrayal. He leaves.
She is pregnant and refuses to talk to him - he doesn't know she is pregnant.
He finds out when she is six months along and is sorry for what he did and has changed his mind about having children.

I really liked the story but the ebook has a scraggy change of fonts which is a bit confusing.

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 5:39:39 PM PST
SMG says:
Loving Hart (The Hart Family)

I believe this is the 3rd story in the Hart Family series..Pregnancy later in book, probably around 75%. hero doesn't resent or blame but he is not happy at first.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x971d6618)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Apr 3, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 19 customers

Search Customer Discussions