Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Suggestions: witness protection

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 15, 2013 5:05:27 PM PST
smr says:
Any books where the heroine is in the witness protection program or under the protection of a man and they end up falling in love. Just finished reading Julie Garwoods The Ideal Man and would love more books like that. Thanks

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 5:13:23 PM PST
there is an old school Sandra Brown - it might ironically be called The Witness

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 5:19:06 PM PST
A. Collins says:
I really liked Bait by Karen Robards.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:26:33 PM PST
DCA says:
Woman On the Run by Lisa Marie Rice

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 7:06:07 PM PST
Next of Kin by Sharon Sala, although the ultimate H is not the officer protecting her, but a childhood sweetheart she had been pulled away from. There are leaks in her protection and the hitmen keep finding her safe houses. She runs back to her roots to hide, which is where old flame comes in.

The Sheriff'S Surrender : Heartbreak Canyon (Silhouette Intimate Moments No. 1069) by Marilyn Pappano. I do not LIKE the H in this book, but they do indeed connect (or, rather, reconnect). the H/h were an item years ago, he was a cop and she was a public defender. She was passionate about her work because her father had been sent to prison and murdered there before they figured out he was an innocent fall guy for the real embezzler. The office the H worked for was dirty and made its own rules. The H arrested a wife batterer who had almost killed his wife and promised her he would make sure he never hurt her again. The officers beat a confession out of the man and the h was his public defender. She didn't like the man, but had to work within the system so the case was tossed out because of the beating. The man shot and killed his wife on the courthouse steps as they all left and in the shootout, the h was also shot (although she was no where near the line of fire). The H walked away from her and left her bleeding. She was then subjected to increasing harassment from the dirty cops until she had to run because they tried to kill her. Cut to years later and the h is now a DA and under threat from a man she prosecuted. The safe houses keep getting compromised and the officer in charge leaves her with the H to keep her alive. The H is now a rural sheriff and still hates the h, but it goes from there.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 7:21:17 PM PST
Moving Target by Cheyenne McCray

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 7:56:06 PM PST
dirobbo says:
Try Witness Protection by Bec Botefhur

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 10:52:48 AM PST
bump

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 6:56:12 PM PST
I just finished one from the free thread, Protecting Rose by Cheryl Yeko.

Posted on Nov 30, 2014 2:44:51 PM PST
mommybear10 says:
bumpidee bump

Posted on Nov 30, 2014 3:28:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2014 3:29:43 PM PST
MAD4ROMBKS says:
Finger Prints by Barbara Delinsky.

Tallchief by Dinah McCall aka Sharon Sala. Currently $1.99 right now.

Posted on Nov 30, 2014 3:51:20 PM PST
Robin Wilson says:
I'll second Tallchief, a beautiful love story.
HUNTED (Edgars Family Novels Book 2) by Suzanne Ferrell-great series!
Police Business (The Precinct Series Book 2), Protecting Plain Jane (The Precinct Series Book 13), Protecting the Pregnant Witness (The Precinct Series Book 14), and I could go on...all by Julie Miller who writes terrific romantic suspense featuring Kansas City cops.
I think all off Julie Garwood's contemporaries feature h's who are protected by cops, FBI, etc., and often the H's are friends of the heroines' brothers.

Posted on Nov 30, 2014 4:04:40 PM PST
Pauline says:
I agree about Tallchief. It's a wonderful book. But Sheriff's Surrender has one of the most dislikeable heroes I've ever read about. And the worst of it is that I liked him in previous books. It was as though he was taken over by aliens.

Posted on Nov 30, 2014 4:09:31 PM PST
Robin Wilson says:
I have to add one more specific Julie Miller since I love Kevin, the hero, so much: Beauty and the Badge (The Precinct Series Book 11).

Posted on Dec 1, 2014 1:08:14 PM PST
Pauline says:
Evelyn Crowe's Fathers and Other Strangers has a heroine who has been in the Witness Protection Program.

Posted on Dec 1, 2014 5:05:30 PM PST
Sowm says:
@RW : Regarding the Julie Miller Police series, do they have to be read in order ?
I also find it surprising that there is no box set or anything. Each book costs appr $4.

Posted on Dec 1, 2014 5:37:21 PM PST
Kim says:
Die For Me: A Novel of the Valentine Killer (For Me #1) by Cynthia Eden

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2014 8:24:02 PM PST
Robin Wilson says:
Sowm:
Some stories work together. For example, a serial rapist is a story arc in several books; however, each book can stand alone with its own h and H. Some of the characters show up over and over again since the men (and some of the women) work together on the police force.

Posted on Dec 1, 2014 11:15:47 PM PST
Chele says:
For the Love of Pete by Elizabeth Hoyt writing as Julia Harper

Justice For Abby: Book Six In The Bodyguards Of L.A. County Series by Cate Beauman

Jade's Cowboy Crush: Witness Protection - Rancher Style: Gavin's Story (Sweet Montana Bride Series, Book 2) by Kimberly Krey

Hidden Prey (Lawmen Book 1) by Cheyenne McCray

Cowboy Command: Book 1 (Cowboy Justice Association) by Olivia Jaymes

Freebie: KIDNAPPED, A Romantic Suspense Novel (Edgars Family Novel Book 1) by Suzanne Ferrell

Lawless (Aspen Series Book 2) by Cindy Stark

Chasing Air by DeLaine Roberts

One of my favorites: Hidden Summit (Virgin River Book 17) by Robyn Carr

Posted on Dec 1, 2014 11:23:41 PM PST
Chele says:
The Wallflower by Jan Freed

Erotica: Tempting Tess by Regina Carlysle

m/m: Zero at the Bone by Jane Seville

Posted on Dec 2, 2014 1:38:15 AM PST
Neeta says:
Ooh I love some of those already mentioned like LMR Woman on the Run & Cheyenne McCray Moving Target.

I'll add...

Marliss Melton - Long Gone.
Billi Jean - Running Scared
Suzanne Ferrell - Hunted
Dana Marton - Deathwatch
Meryl Sawyer - Better Off Dead
Heather D'Agostino - Being Nobody
Bethany Campbell - See How They Run
Toni Anderson - Her Sanctuary
Nikki Duncan - Taste Me Deadly
Alison Bliss - Rules of Protection
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
111 12 days ago
"The List" that was spawned by the popular Don't Shoot Me Thread 7604 6 seconds ago
Mafia/ Mob Romance Books 223 5 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #4 35 7 minutes ago
Romance with aliens that actually look like aliens 402 9 minutes ago
looking for virgin hero!! 126 12 minutes ago
Heroes that grovel correctly *Possible Spoilers* 7667 15 minutes ago
Biker Books Lending 817 17 minutes ago
Husband is having a "midlife crisis" and leaves wife 518 18 minutes ago
Jean Johnson is about to loose her house? 0 33 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 5 1853 54 minutes ago
Hero/Heroine is "hoisted by his/her petard" in matters of deception of the heart 13 58 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2013
Latest post:  Dec 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions