Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Heroine is a Burlesque or Exotic Dancer?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 53 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 24, 2012 12:22:50 AM PST
Magelet says:
I've read a few showgirl!heroine romances, but nothing a bit...saucier. :) At least where the heroine really IS a dancer in a club or show and not, like, a librarian doing undercover work or filling in for her sick aunt or something. Are there any? Preferably non-erotica, but I'm open to all rec's!

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 1:09:24 AM PST
Lord Rose says:
If I remember correctly, I think the heroine of The Bridal Season by Connie Brockway was a music hall dancer (or something along those lines).

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 7:32:59 PM PST
Dark Needs at Night's Edge

paranormal...so she was a burlesque dancer before she became a ghost but an excellent book by an excellent author

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 8:06:52 PM PST
L. Burns says:
In Rachel Gibson's True Love and Other Disasters the h was an exotic dancer/centerfold who marries a rich old man. The story starts when the geezer dies and the very rich ex-stripper widow inherits the hockey team he owned. Honestly this was my least favorite Gibson book, but it wasn't bad. A little too 'Barbie and Ken' for my taste.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 11:54:40 PM PST
BethB says:
Slip Knot by Gail Faulkner. BDSM-lite, definitely on the romantica side. h was a stripper (I think in college). I like her Hs - they're kinda Lisa Marie Rice-ish.

And speaking of Ellora's Cave books, Ann Jacobs wrote one with a vampire H and lapdancer h. Didn't read it though, so I can't say if it was any good.

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 4:14:02 AM PST
the last book in Brockmann's Troubleshooters series - Eden is working as an exotic dancer - Breaking the Rules (Troubleshooters)

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 9:48:32 AM PST
neon moon says:
Skintight and Just for Kicks by susan andersen involve showgirls in las vegas.
The Nerd Who Loved Me by vicki lewis thompson

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 1:02:37 PM PST
virky says:
Marriage by Mistake The heroine is a Las Vegas showgirl. Horrible cover, but it's free.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:40:15 PM PST
LTR says:
I 'll second the Susan Andersen recs -- her books are such fun to read!

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 9:51:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Aug 13, 2013 10:39:23 PM PDT
NathalieM says:
I love this book from Kat Martin Against the Night (The Raines of Wind Canyon)-h is a teacher & she works as an exotic dancer to look 4 her sister. The story opens w/ H sees her dancing on the stage...oh just love that scene.
I definitely 2nd Ms. Andersen & Ms. Gibson's books. I hope they'll b more recs coming coz I really like this theme ;)

ETC: inserting the product link 4 'Against the Night'

Posted on Dec 1, 2012 10:11:20 AM PST
In Kristen Ashley's Play It Safe the h at one point ends up working as an exotic dancer. She'd been separated from the H for a while by then, and of course he ends up front row for one of her performances. I avoided this book for a long time because the h seemed a little skeevy, but I ended up really liking it.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 2:17:08 PM PST
Sec says:
Nina Bruhns - Prince Charming for 1 Night (Love in 60 Seconds)

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 4:55:50 AM PST
Lily Rose 81 says:
Feather's Last Dance

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 12:08:40 PM PST
B. McClure says:
Overexposed (Harlequin Blaze) by Leslie Kelly. (I hope I linked the right one). I've a few others by the author and they are enjoyable reads.

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 2:00:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2012 12:16:53 PM PST
NathalieM says:
I'm putting 'Feather's Last Dance' & 'Overexposed' 2 my Wish List so that I can grab them w/ my amazon gift cards that r coming my way this Holiday ;) (Told my Santas that I only want amazon gift cards this yr :)

ETA: Read 'Overexposed': 3*, just ok...'enjoyable read'

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 12:12:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Aug 1, 2013 7:14:09 PM PDT
NathalieM says:
Just finished Strip Tease (Protect and Defend) Love it! (Lending: enabled...so if u r interested, let me know?)

ETA: No longer available to loan:(

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 3:17:15 PM PST
An older book would be Johanna Lindsey's Once a Princess where the h only dances under veil so her patrons don't recognize her when her regular dancers don't show up.

Posted on Aug 1, 2013 7:11:51 PM PDT
NathalieM says:
BUMP:)

I'm reviving this thread b/c I'm in a mood to read books in this theme:) I read almost all the ones listed here (& more) so while waiting impatiently for Stripped by Jasinda Wilder (release date: 8/16:) I'm hoping 2 get new recs...Thk U!

Posted on Aug 3, 2013 10:57:31 PM PDT
jaz says:
Lyric's Gift by Trina M. Lee is a paranormal featuring a burlesque dancer and a vampire. I'd point this more towards romance rather than erotica out of personal opinion. Also, although a reviewer mentioned it as part of a series, it reads as a stand-alone.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2013 10:59:40 AM PDT
NathalieM says:
BUMP

Hi jaz,
Thx 4 the rec but I'm not into Paranormal...I'm pretty sure some1 here'll love it...I'm looking for Contemporary Romance books that can be Romantic Suspense/mystery/thriller & NO menage w/ HEA:) However, any1 can suggest anything else b/c the original poster is open to all recs...I will filter the ones I want to read.
Thx,
Nath:)

ps: 12 more days til 'Stripped' release date!

Posted on Aug 13, 2013 10:42:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 13, 2013 10:51:47 PM PDT
NathalieM says:
Woo hoo! I found another rec Stripped by Brenda Rothert :) I haven't read it yet but going to '1-clicked' since the price's only $1.99! & 3 more days til 'Stripped' by Jasinda Wilder release date:)

ETA: After reading the excerpt this book fits this thread request to a 'T' tho there's not a lot of reviews, it's well written w/ no typos (in the excerpt).

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 12:49:31 PM PDT
NathalieM says:
Wow, it's been a mth since last I was here & I found 2 more books in this theme:)
-STRIPPED (The Ferro Family) by H. M. Ward
-Tease (Take It Off) by Cambria Hebert

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 1:00:21 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2013 1:00:59 PM PDT
B. Lim says:
Seize Me (Breakneck series Book 1)

Winter Belov was the sweet innocent one in her crime family, the dutiful daughter that never disappointed her father. One day, her father does the unspeakable. When he turns his back, Winter flees across the country, taking her life savings with her, determined never to enter that sort of lifestyle again.
No longer innocent, she now lives in Nevada. Lana is her best friend and the only family Winter has. Together, they are two of the best exotic dancers in the county. While working a shift, Pyro, Lana's long time crush, propositions Winter. He begs her to do a private gig at Breakneck. She accepts, with the condition that Lana dances with her.
When Winter's eyes lock with Braxxon Breaker's, the President of Breakneck, she realizes she is no longer free; she has been seized. He is everything she is running from but at the same time, everything she wants. Braxxon will not take no for an answer, and purposely disrupts Winter's life.
Rivals of Braxxon's club are vicious and they do something that will have him out for blood. Winter's and Braxxon's relationship is anything but a normal one. If they want to be together, crimes must be committed, friendships will be broken and people are going to die.
What happens when all that chaos mixes with Winter's father locating her? It will be a bloodshed when Winter and Braxxon seek revenge and take no prisoners.

White Doe [shapeshifter romance / romantic suspense]

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 1:03:17 PM PDT
B. Lim says:
Teach Me

Meet SAVANNAH LAWLOR. High school teacher by day, stripper by night. She's accepted that she can make more money in one night than she does during the rest of the week at school. Especially in the private room. However, she still has standards - and she doesn't get too close to the customers.

Until one night. When LUCAS GUERRERO books her for the whole evening. Cocky, a little violent, and a whole lot of sexy, Lucas has the bad boy image down. He comes to Savannah high and hungry for her.

She can't deny she wants him and she's willing to break all the rules. But there's one problem - she already knows Lucas. Because he was her student for four years. Now that's he graduated, is it still wrong to be so attracted to him?

Savannah and Lucas start a hot relationship but it's volatile. And his links to an underground fighting ring and a frightening drug dealer in town threaten to make things a little too hot to handle. Can Savannah get him back on track? Does she still have anything to teach him?

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 3:22:27 PM PDT
RomReader says:
This is a saucy yet romantic read with hot alpha strip-club owner H who volunteered to teach waitress h to strip-dance:

Sin by Michelle Hughes
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  53
Initial post:  Nov 24, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 20, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions