Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Suggestions please: h thinks H doesn't love her and flees without him knowing

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 1, 2013 11:37:26 AM PST
Kelli says:
Hey all,

I'm looking for some historical romances, preferably medieval, where the heroine loves the hero but thinks he's in love with another woman... finally decides to give up on him, and leaves him in the middle of the night or when the hero is away so that he comes home to find her gone and goes crazy trying to find her. Lots of gut wrench please!

Thanks so much for any suggestions!

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 2:01:37 PM PST
Bump

Posted on Jan 2, 2013 9:34:11 PM PST
MegMeg says:
If You Deceive by Kresley Cole is fantastic... not exactly what you were looking for but close. Regency romance novel.

Spoilers:
H meets h and likes her, finds out she's the daughter of his enemy, decides to seduce her and trick her into thinking he'll marry her and then abandon her to her fate. He winds up falling in love with her but is never honest with her and she has to practically leave him before he realizes how much she means to him. She finds out about the relationship to her mother and that he only wants her for revenge, since he's been kinda crappy, she doesn't think she can trust a word he has said or done. So while he is away she leaves and goes back to France, in the slum, he's miserable... she almost dies... there was sooooo much angst in this book that I almost put it down forever at one point. Made me cry a lot. Overall I liked it though and had to go and purchase the other 2 in the series. It's the third book but all of the books take place at exactly the same time so you don't even notice it.

Posted on Jan 4, 2013 6:35:23 PM PST
bump

Posted on Jan 5, 2013 8:45:56 AM PST
A. Wan says:
An old one, and not exactly what you're looking for, but The Finer Things by Brenda Joyce made me cry when I read it! Unpolished street girl through many twists and turns becomes married to an earl/viscount/baron (can't remember), the two of them basically spend the last third of the novel thinking that the other does not love him/her and it's really angsty and sad (and makes me want to wring their necks and tell them to JUST SAY IT). At one point, the h leaves the H after sleeping with him, thinking that she cannot live with him knowing that he doesn't love her. HEA though, and a keeper for me personally (:

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 6, 2013 6:09:24 PM PST
Kelli says:
thanks, i'll check those out!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 4:51:28 PM PST
kate says:
bump

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 5:14:24 PM PST
Himalayas says:
Moon Flower by Shirl Henke

It's not exactly what you are looking for, but the h did leave in secret and it took years for H to find her: he had to move and changed his whole life to finally find her.

Spoilers:: He refused to give up his long term mistress after marrying the h, and when she found out. he didn't want to be seen as weak if he gave in to her demands, he thinks he is entitled, that's what all men in his position do, he is so afraid of his feelings for the h etc etc.. He refused to let h go either. So, h left him in secret. He came home one day to find her gone without a trace. That was the best part :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 5:31:04 PM PST
Lillian Rose says:
Himalayas,

Is this the one where the mistress has a child or children to the H, and he has sex again with the mistress even after the h has left and he decides to go after her, and she falls pregnant to him that time?

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 2:43:49 PM PST
luvs2read says:
Yesterday's Sins

"Where my family comes from we believe in an eye for an eye...a life for a life..." these words changed Catriona's life forever.
After years of running from a past she cannot bear to remember, a bouquet of flowers, unlooked for and unwanted, makes Kate Audley look over her shoulder in trepidation.
For eight years, the successful real estate agent has lived under an assumed name in the tiny South Auckland village of Clevedon after fleeing Australia and the man who took her well-ordered life and threw it into chaos.
Now Alexandros Korda has found her.
And finally she is compelled to face her past, face the man who wreaked a terrible revenge on her and the daughter they had together.
On her eighteenth birthday a freak accident that killed his nephew, brought Alexandros Korda into Catriona's life. Seven years later, she is trying to forget the horror that followed and the daughter they had together.
Yesterday's Sins is the captivating story of a woman's attempts to resist the man she loves to hate and Alex's equally determined commitment that she won't succeed.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 5:36:26 PM PST
Magelet says:
The Mésalliance (Rockliffe Book 2) (there's also a prequel, which is very good too).

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 1:08:48 PM PST
Trekkie says:
Kiss an Angel This book fits lots of threads. H thinks h is helping her father into trapping him. He tries to make her life miserable. He doesn't want her to get pregnant. She gets preggers because her step-mother messed with her birth control pills. H says she has to get abortion. She leaves him just about the time he decides he loves her.
I usually don't care for circus books but I liked this one.

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 8:33:53 PM PST
BUMP

Posted on Feb 17, 2013 9:26:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2013 11:08:38 AM PDT
Bling says:
I think this happens in Silver Lining although I haven't read this book yet.

ETA: Read it and loved it. Awesome h.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
20 Jan 4, 2016
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
152 2 days ago
jail birds 10 36 seconds ago
Romance novel were heroine gets pregnant early on in story by alpha male 181 14 minutes ago
*** Coffee Shop - Let's Chat About Life And Our Books, Both Current And Planning To Read, All In The Name Of Living HEA *** 8364 14 minutes ago
wanted: kindle romance bargains ($3.99 or less) by established authors that are good (no self-promos or ya/na) 1935 16 minutes ago
Weekend Reading - 5-7 Feb 29 18 minutes ago
Looking for Harlequin titles 2 20 minutes ago
Harlequin Novels Where Hero Dumps Heroine 209 56 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 5 8327 1 hour ago
Looking for an Older Harlequin Presents... 6 1 hour ago
Dear book buying confessional........ 8932 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Jan 1, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 15 customers

Search Customer Discussions