Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Old book?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 45 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 16, 2012 3:22:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2012 3:29:08 AM PDT
Curuca says:
Hello Ladies, I have been looking for a book but I don´t remember it very well. I read it in the 90s and all I remember is they loved each other very much, the H is crazyyyyyy about the h, but at some point she has cancer/tumor and leaves him. So after a while, she shows up in his office, she has barely any hair, wants to apologize, he barely looks at her,and she says something like "I wanted you to date someone healthy, beautiful, who could make you happy", and he cuts her off and says that he is dating one of them.
Hey, it´s worth a shot! Ring any bells?

Ps: I´m pretty sure it was a Harlequin.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 7:22:54 AM PDT
MegMeg says:
I have no idea, but that made me a little sad inside. :( Poor heroine.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 7:33:08 AM PDT
Willread says:
Love Story is the only older book I can think of where the heroine has cancer. But I can`t remember the hero treating her like that?

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 9:02:51 AM PDT
Curuca says:
oh no!! It is sad, but from what I remember the H was devastated because she didn´t want him. And that was the last scene of the book, I guess a couple of minutes after saying that about dating someone else, she turns to leave, changes her mind and jumps on his lap. She kisses him and he gives in. It all ends well =)
Poop, I wish I remember the name of the book. It is probably not even that good of a book, but that scene has been stuck in my mind, ya know? =) Thanks ladies!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 9:52:58 AM PDT
JennyG. says:
The only HP I can think of with heroine who has cancer is Broken Destiny (Harlequin Presents) by Sally Wentworth.

Jancy's world lay in ruins...

She was just twenty-three--and she had cancer. Her successful modeling career would be over now. As would her engagement to Duncan.

Duncan. He was an honorable man and would no doubt refuse to call off their marriage. But you couldn't expect a man to love someone who was only half the woman he'd desired. And if she couldn't have Duncan's love, she certainly didn't want his pity.

So Jancy ran away to Yorkshire and hoped that Duncan would forget her. She soon realized, however, that Duncan wasn't the type to let go quite so easily...

P.S. I cannot remember whether the scene you are describing is in it. But it is a good book so read it anyway!

Jenny

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 9:57:04 AM PDT
JennyG. says:
Here is another suggestion:

Lovers Not Friends (Harlequin Presents: No. 178) by Helen Brooks ?

"You're mine, Amy, you'll always be mine!"
For Amy, marriage to Blade Forbes had been a dream come true. And then one day her world collapsed around her when she discovered a secret that was about to destroy everything. She loved Blade and he loved her- but she had to get away, had to leave him to protect him from the knowledge that would drag him with her into a living hell. Only she had forgotten one thing- the determination of a man in love.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 10:21:23 AM PDT
Curuca says:
Nope, not it!:((((((( But found both books and I will definitely give broken destiny a try. It looked really good! Thanks Jenny!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2012 10:24:34 AM PDT
JennyG. says:
You are welcome.

Boogenhagen will know this for sure.

P.S. By the way, when did you read it? Is it an older or newer book? Did you read it on Kindle?

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 10:27:42 AM PDT
Curuca says:
Nope, mid 90s I think. Definitely before 2000 and definitely harlequin. I truly hope so!! =) thanks!!

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 12:32:53 PM PDT
Amber says:
Morning Has Broken by Lynda Ward has the heroine with breast cancer.

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 4:39:40 PM PDT
cathyr says:
It's not an old one, and not even Harlequin, but it sounds like Sophie Oak's Away From Me (Siren Publishing Classic).

Posted on Sep 16, 2012 5:47:35 PM PDT
Curuca says:
No, not it either. :( Thank you thought!

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 5:27:54 PM PDT
Curuca says:
b.u.m.p

Posted on Sep 17, 2012 6:21:57 PM PDT
cathyr says:
Okay, a few threads that might have the answer:
Breast Cancer Recommendations http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx16E28FAQTTBJW#Mx1AHIQW41TX3V7
Stories where heroine has terminal illness or is dying http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx37YK1N6C4U3DS#Mx2U36Z6E0GZMSG
Heroine has serious illness & tries to keep it from Hero http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx34WDT2ELHS1BO#Mx17DW48AWIOE9M
Sweet, Romantic Things H does for h http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdMsgID=Mx3ANOLIJWWFV2O&cdMsgNo=26&cdPage=2&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=TxE1H2ZYK1LLHM#Mx3ANOLIJWWFV2O

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 12:06:37 AM PDT
Curuca says:
cathyr,thanks!!

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 8:00:02 AM PDT
Curuca says:
Nope, went through all threads. No such luck! :((( thanks though!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 8:25:45 AM PDT
JennyG. says:
Do you remember the cover or anything else that might help?

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 8:52:23 AM PDT
boogenhagen says:
Do you remember where the book was set? Ie Europe or what the H did? Did you read Silhouettes or Candlelight's too at the time?

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 9:05:20 AM PDT
Curuca says:
I´m trying really hard here. I think it was american,contemporary, I don´t know why but I keep thinking of a boat, I have no clue what the cover looks like. Hmmm, I´m so frustrated right now because I have other thoughts but I´m afraid of mixing it up with some other book I read at the time. (2 brothers working together, different personalities, both had their own stories. but like i said, that could be another book). argh!!! boogenhagen, I´m brazilian and I read it in Portuguese. I don´t think I read candlelight at the time (not sure they had them here) but it could have been a silhouette. Thanks for trying though!! I really appreciate it!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2012 9:22:59 AM PDT
boogenhagen says:
If the setting was America I am thinking Silhouette and I recall a book similar to what you described, I have to dig them out though cause I usually focus on Harlequins. I will post back in a day or so.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 9:30:10 AM PDT
Curuca says:
Thanks so much boogenhagen, I owe you one! :)

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 9:24:24 PM PDT
Curuca says:
giving it a bump

Posted on Sep 23, 2012 10:19:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2012 8:32:25 PM PDT
Tippi says:
Hi. I just recently read a HP. I don't remember the title. Will have to look for it. Did the H and h see each other again after her surgery and her hair was super short because of the chemo. The book I read, he saw her at a party where there was a pool and he made some nasty remark about her hair/ or lack there of. Does this scene sound familiar? Let me know. Thanks. Meanwhile will look.

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 4:55:30 AM PDT
There was an HP but I'm not sure about the title. The H saw the h at a pool party and since she left him, he was pretty bitter. She had short hair and a boob job because of the mastectemy. He made derogatory comments about the boob job to her not realizing she had them done because of the double mastectemy. Could that be it?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 24, 2012 6:35:00 AM PDT
Kate Barley says:
That sounds exactly like Away From Me (Siren Publishing Classic) but it's not an HP.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  12
Total posts:  45
Initial post:  Sep 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions