Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Need help with historical/regency title please

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 14, 2012 10:53:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 9:43:12 PM PST
I read this book awhile ago but can't remember title or author all I remember is it involved two brothers the 2nd son had loved this woman and then older brother ends up marrying her (she wanted to marry him b/c he had title) they had a daughter(5 or 6yrs. old) who loved her uncle and the mother didn't like it also the H/h went to brothers house and wife made her (h) feel uncomfortable kept making inappropriate comments about she and 2nd son also the older brother wanted younger brother to be in politics with him I know that sounds confusing but thats all I remember THANKS

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:43:11 PM PST
Aw not familiar at all?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:51:56 PM PST
cathyr says:
I can suggest a vaguely similar historical, but this one? Doesn't ring any bells.

What A Gentleman Wants by Caroline Linden. She's meant to marry brother 2 (David), but he forges the certificate so she (unknowingly) marries brother 1 (Marcus), the Duke. She has a daughter by first husband. Her relationship with their step-mother is strained. And Brother 1 thinks brother 2 is disreputable, and did want him in politics. Second and third books have stories of brother 2 and stepsister (Celia).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:05:19 PM PST
Thank You cathyr but that's not it appreciate your help though

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:11:14 PM PST
cathyr says:
I didn't think that was it. But maybe we've bumped the thread enough someone will notice *grin*

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 4:17:35 PM PST
I posted in the What's the name of this book group on goodreads

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 4:18:48 PM PST
cathyr says:
Where's that Deanna? Could you link?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:06:38 PM PST
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/185 - voila!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:07:56 PM PST
cathyr says:
Ta. Still working may way around goodreads.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 5:18:24 PM PST
np - i found the group through another friends profile - i've been able to answer all of 1 question so far - about the wallflowers series

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 6:21:56 PM PST
THANK YOU so much for your help it is so appreciated

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:10:55 AM PST
MegMeg says:
I'd like to know the title as well it sounds interesting.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 7:59:39 AM PST
tag says:
This is ringing bells. The second son was guardian to the child. I think I remember something abt the mother taking the boy on a ship (with her lover or new husband) to try to get him to France or something?

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 9:50:21 PM PST
I also seem to recall that older brother knew that his wife had dated his younger brother and was happy that his brother was finally going to be joining him in politics I think the H might have been in army or something they also wanted the H to marry a widow with children b/c they thought that would look good for the politics I think I am making this more confusing sorry :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 8:53:29 PM PST
THANK YOU cathyr for the suggestion I appreciate you trying for me :) I am starting to wonder how good the book was b/c I can't remeber to much about heroine:)

Posted on Dec 5, 2012 8:47:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 4, 2013 10:22:47 PM PST
I think I remember the name of the book I think it might have been The Princess of Park Lane by J. Navin? THANKS everyone for your help
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 May 2, 2016
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
152 Feb 5, 2016
Loan Me Thread V. 7 1709 16 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 3925 21 minutes ago
Biker Books Lending 1278 45 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 1363 46 minutes ago
h helps H to win OW, but H falls for h or vie versa 24 1 hour ago
Free Today Third Edition 2937 1 hour ago
Dear Book Buying Confessional (and other topics) part 2 446 1 hour ago
Romance with aliens that actually look like aliens 1962 1 hour ago
Biker Romance Part 2 6769 1 hour ago
PET PEEVES! Things that make you go Argghhhhhhh! AUTHORS: please kindly note 828 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions