Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Has anyone read the Amoveo series by Sara Humphreys?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2012 6:29:45 AM PST
Amazon send me an email saying that the Amoveo series is similar to the New Species series by Laurann Dohner. This is the first book in the Amoveo series Unleashed (The Amoveo Legend). Has anyone read this series? If yes, would you recommend it? Spoilers please!

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 9:11:07 AM PST
MsMari says:
i have just read the first Unleashed (The Amoveo Legend) and am considering buying the next. It is a good read but it is different from the New Species by LD. NS is more graphic and they don't shift in NS, which they do in Amoveo. I am not good in writing spoilers, but there might be someone else who could. My rating would be 3.75 stars.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 12:00:35 PM PST
Marissa G says:
Haven't read LD's series, but read the first two of Amoveo earlier this year (so don't remember many details, only generalities). I'd agree with the 3.5-4 range and not super graphic. Like any new author series it takes a few books to get the "world" set up; does have potential. (Thought the same thing when Feehan started her Carpathian series, and when Meljean Brooks was first published.) Shifters are different animals -- not all the same, and friends across species -- and strangely I remember that h #2 is a plus-size model. Can't remember with certainty if this is a soul-mate series, but think so (rusty memory). They can marry across species/genus (think it's an eagle and wolf in first book). Antagonists are an organization who believes shifting is "wrong".

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 4:22:59 PM PST
Robin C. says:
If you like PNR you will love this series!! I have read the first two, Sara has a way of mixing just the right amount of romance, sex, mystery, excitement. The heroines are strong independent women you can identify with and the heroes are strong, handsome, sexy, protective and strong......Sara has a way of building the romantic tension until you just don't think you can take it anymore!! I just got the third book in the mail today and intend to start reading right now!! I think you should get them, you won't be disappointed!!

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 6:05:18 PM PST
Tanna says:
I agree with Robin. I am loving the series!

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 7:08:27 PM PST
Wolf Quilter says:
I agree! I love this series!! The concept is fresh and different. The heros are not super-macho, and the heroines are believable.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 10:53:02 AM PST
Thank y'all so much. Off to take a hit off the 1-click crack pipe. Budget? What's that?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions