Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Crazy jealous OW/OM causing misunderstanding and angst? (no cheaters please)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 296 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 12, 2012 6:47:21 AM PDT
Anyone got any good recs????

Anyone???

all i can think of at the moment is old school Diana Palmer and Lucy Monroe's The Greek's Christmas Baby (Harlequin Presents)

Can anyone add to this list for me please?

Oh and NO CHEATERS

REPEAT NO CHEATERS

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 7:38:21 AM PDT
Robin Wilson says:
If you haven't tried Dreaming of You by Lisa Kleypas, then I highly recommend it. It's one of my top ten romance picks.

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 7:43:42 AM PDT
Thanks Robin,

I did read all the Lisa Kleypas books that i could get my hands on a little while ago but i either missed this one or just can't remember the OW storyline...

Can you spoil it a little bit for me please?

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 9:53:40 AM PDT
Robin Wilson says:
Without giving too much away, because I HATE spoilers, Derek Craven runs a gambling house and his life is saved one night by a young woman, Sara Fielding, who happens to be a popular author out doing research in the rookery of London. (She writes under a pseudonym.) He is attracted to her but knows that she is far too good and pure for the likes of him. This is one of the most incredibly moving love stories that I've ever read...and I've read A LOT of them.

Posted on Jul 12, 2012 6:50:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 12, 2012 6:52:58 PM PDT
TrishaLouise says:
*Saving Grace by J.M. Hill
Grace Burke doesn't need a thing.
She enjoys her quiet life in Fall Rivers, Colorado-running a bookstore and coffee shop with her cousin, Kate. The two have a successful business, a small circle of friends, and each other. What more could she want?
When the Anderson brothers move into the house across the street, it doesn't take long for her to realize exactly what she's been missing. At first sight, the youngest brother, Michael, captures Grace's heart, and her quiet life is disrupted.
Then it turns upside down.
Grace isn't the only one with eyes for Michael. Nina Sandler, one of Michael's clients, threatens to come between them. When Nina can't get Michael's attention, she focuses on Grace-in a very dangerous way.
But love is never easy and if the best things in life are worth fighting for, then Grace must find the courage to fight. Not just for love and happiness but for her very life.

*Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
Mrs. Robinson causes problems between Christian & Anna

*Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2) by Lisa Kleypas
Havens ex-husband has no intention of letting her go.

*He Loves Me...He Loves You Not... by Hammond, Lauren
Riley loves Henry. Henry loves Riley, but he's dating Callie and she is a real "B"
(I just remembered there was cheating but in the end it was understood)

*The Velvet Promise (Montgomery #2) by Deveraux, Jude
Judith and Gavin marry and the woman "He thinks he loves" causes all kinds of problems

*Between the lines and Where You Are by Webber, Tammara
Graham and Emma; Like each other and want to be together but Reid and Brook will do anything to keep them a part.

This one skates the line but was AWESOME!!
*The Opportunist by Fisher, Tarryn
Olivia loves Caleb "Her college boyfriend". But their relationship went horribly wrong when she caught Caleb kissing another woman. Fast forward 5 years Caleb has lost his memory and has a girlfriend. He runs into Olivia at a record store and is drawn too her (does not remember her). He tells GF they need time apart to figure things. GF goes nuts and sets out to take Olivia down. This was a HUGE train wreck filled with ANGST from h*ll. Very entertaining but you have to read with an open mind.

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 5:40:15 AM PDT
lol thanks for those recs...

Liked the Lisa Kleplas one...

Discussed Velvet Promise at length on the worst betrayal thread and agreed that Gavin is one of the stupidist men in romance fic... lol

Won't read 50 Shades of Grey because it's everywhere i go! It's like that song you hear all over the place and everywhere you go and it becomes so irritating you want to throw the radio out the window... lol.

But i'll certainly give Saving Grace a go :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 6:37:21 AM PDT
Kate Barley says:
Isn't the Opportunist the book where the H is faking his amnesia because he doesn't want to admit to the heroine that he made a mistake with the OW?

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 11:07:37 AM PDT
TrishaLouise says:
Kate: Yes it is, I didn't want to give too much away :)

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 2:09:38 PM PDT
SheReadsALot says:
Wicked Game by Mercy Celeste - however the crazy OW is more subtle until the crux of the story.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 3:39:00 PM PDT
As long as you clearly mark spoilers i encourage you to spoil away :)

Of course only if you're comfortable with doing it that is...

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 3:49:06 PM PDT
L. Smith says:
Sorry just joined this discussion...what does OW/OM mean? TY

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 3:50:44 PM PDT
other woman and other man :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 3:54:43 PM PDT
L. Smith says:
Thanks. Now stupid question #2...how do you have these characters without one person being a cheater? Or am I misunderstanding the request?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 13, 2012 4:04:38 PM PDT
Sometimes the OW/OM status is all in the OW/OM's head and they think if they can just remove the h (heroine) from the equation then the H (hero) will be theirs ... all theirs!

MWAH HA HA HA HA HA

or something along those lines... it's all very angsty

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 4:11:13 PM PDT
L. Smith says:
Thanks again for the explanation ... and great laugh!

Posted on Jul 13, 2012 4:18:32 PM PDT
You're welcome :)

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 4:22:05 AM PDT
Dangerous Obsession (Harlequin Presents)

Has some OW interference... but you have to put up with the 80s annoying H stereotype who calls the h a fool or childish for whatever reason (usually because he's not getting his own way)

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 11:32:02 AM PDT
Dark Wager by Mary Spencer. Ex mistress makes a lot of problems

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 6:36:16 PM PDT
Okay,

Just read another one but the OW storyline is resolved pretty early A Whirlwind Marriage

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:02:06 PM PDT
hiker says:
Second-Time Bride (Harlequin Presents) not a great book but fits your theme.... the h and H were married as teens because she was pregnant... she thinks she loses the baby... the heros family is horrible to her... he acts like she had trapped him... she lost one baby but kept the other twin... they divorce...13 years later ... she sees him with another woman when shes showing him a house.... she tells her aunt she saw him.. the daughter over hears ... wants to met him... she tells the hero he mets the daughter wants to remarry... he blackmails her.... his twin sister... starts up with the whole break up the couple campain... shows up the second day of their honeymoon with the ow... supposedly for a photo shot... lots of drama... the sister calls her to tell her the hero is with the ow... the h goes.. and sees the hero with the ow... sister comes over wants her to go to the airport and leave... says a bunch of stuff the hero hears... he gets mad at the sister... the ow told the hero what the sister was doing too.... hea

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:08:21 PM PDT
Are we talking hidden baby plot here?

and was OW in on it with the sister for evil reasons of her own? Or was she pretty clueless to what her role was in the sister's plans?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 7:12:19 PM PDT
hiker says:
there is a secret baby plot... the ow was in on it to a certain point then wasn't evil enough to go thru with it... but they both caused promblems... these hps' run together for me after a while...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2012 7:19:16 PM PDT
lol, i know what you mean Hiker :)

I'll see if i can track it down, thanks for the rec

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:27:51 PM PDT
hiker says:
Witch's Harvest this one has two crazy ow in it... not a great book either misunderstandings at a new level... these two couldn't hold a conversation at all... 2 crazy ex's in this one... the h actually took her cousing exfiance when she dumped him..

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 7:33:25 PM PDT
hiker says:
The Man Who Risked It All (Harlequin Presents) has this theme too.... i liked this book... lots of drama...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  59
Total posts:  296
Initial post:  Jul 12, 2012
Latest post:  23 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 38 customers

Search Customer Discussions