Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage GNO Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Rosetta Stone forum

Once you buy it your stuck with it

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-29 of 29 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2011 3:47:28 PM PST
Bobinjax2011 says:
"One thing I am sure of is that is if I bought something it is now mine
try to take it and see what happens.On the other side of that like anything else that is mine how I chose to get rid of it is my right."

Want to bet? Read the license agreements you are forced to agree to in order to open the package, install the software, and/or launch it. You have no more right to re-sell their software than you do to photocopy copyrighted material or download music without paying for it. Difference is that it's not economically feasible to post a cop at every library photocopy machine. When it comes to Rosetta Stone or other $500 software titles, they'll do plenty to protect their intellectual property -- right down to shutting down e-Bay or other sites helping consumers bent on violating the copyright. Oh, and there's a few software trade groups out there that will offer $1,000+ bounties to those of us able and willing to help report violators. If you don't like the policy, don't buy the software, or write your own.
Your reply to Bobinjax2011's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2011 9:49:44 AM PST
You are forgetting about activation. I bought a copy of Rossetta Stone. Some time later I spilt a cup of coffee over my laptop and the machine stopped working. I bought a new one and installed the programe in it but because I hadn't de-activated the language modules my original key wouldn't work any more.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2012 11:03:21 PM PST
David Hunter says:
I am in the same boat. Had to restore my hard drive after it failed. When I tried to use Rosetta Stone again it said I need to activate it. But my activation code won't work because it says I have already used it. They won't reset my code because I don't have the original receipt. $500 thrown away. What a waste.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 4:55:33 PM PST
I am in the same boat. In my case I spilt a glass of beer over my laptop which shorted it out and there was no way I could de-activate the program. I bought the program about 4 years ago at a stand they had in either Houston or Newark airports while I was waiting for a connection but who keeps receipts for that length of time.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Rosetta Stone forum (20 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Rosetta Stone forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2008
Latest post:  Feb 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions