Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > RPG forum

What was absolute best game you've ever played? CHOOSE ONLY ONE!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 637 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 2, 2010 9:39:48 PM PDT
Best game ever agreed, final fantasy 7. game with most hours played back in the day and most money earned playing: Counter-Strike

Posted on Jun 3, 2010 12:47:48 AM PDT
J. Moran says:
I would have to say lunar 2 for the psx. It was the first rpg i ever played that i actualy ended up caring for the charchters.

Posted on Jun 3, 2010 12:49:21 PM PDT
Brian Curtis says:
The best RPG I've ever played was called 7th Sea, a great d10-based system set in the Age of Exploration.

I understand that some computer games also call themselves "RPGs" too.....

Posted on Jun 3, 2010 1:06:32 PM PDT
orange box, ik its not just one game bt you can't just say Half-Life 2 these days

Posted on Jun 3, 2010 6:33:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 3, 2010 6:41:56 PM PDT
Darkseid says:
If I can choose only one; then it would have to be Xenogears for the PS1. Simplistic gameplay, but oh gawd the story. Sucks that the last 1/3 of the game was rushed out though :(

The whole "Xeno" series is my favorite of all. FF can't top the story (FF VIII and IV being my picks there, VII wasn't all that great to me. Was at the time, but not once VIII came out)

Posted on Jun 3, 2010 6:39:28 PM PDT
Michaelbrent says:
I was going to say "Strip UNO with my wife" until I realized we're talking vidgames here. Probably something in the Ratchet and Clank series. Light, but fun and I keep coming back to them.

Posted on Jun 3, 2010 7:41:48 PM PDT
whatever says:
Mike Tyson's Punch Out
(Final Fantasy 7 was good too, i agree but too sad a story when that one character got killed, I can't remember her name, I think it started with F)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2010 11:10:53 PM PDT
Adam Sams says:
I think you mean Aeris.

Posted on Jun 3, 2010 11:32:42 PM PDT
Star Wars:Jedi Knight:Jedi Academy- That game just had everything I loved...lightsabers (dual and Staff light sabers),Rancors,Wampas,Trandoshans,Killing Jawas and Tusken Raiders,Boba Fett Boss Battle, At-ST battles...multiplayer...it just had everything I always wanted in a Star Wars game...the only thing missing was Ig-88....I would have loved if Shadows of the Empire and Jedi Academy were combined!!

Posted on Jun 4, 2010 10:44:54 AM PDT
J. Demick says:
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

Posted on Jun 4, 2010 11:37:11 AM PDT
Sinned Rebog says:
Pool of Darkenss -SSI - PC end of an era

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2010 11:48:21 AM PDT
D. Lees says:
Resident Evil 4
Gamecube

I've never replayed a game so many times in my life!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2010 11:59:48 AM PDT
Star Control II on PC.

Tied with Monkey Island II.

Does anyone remember those?

Daniel
Firefly Island

Posted on Jun 4, 2010 1:16:48 PM PDT
Pidge says:
Did no one say LoZ: Ocarina of Time?
I wasted my childhood on that game.
But it was so worth it.

Posted on Jun 4, 2010 1:24:24 PM PDT
Vagrant Story.

I feel like I keep saying that. I think it's probably just my imagination.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2010 1:29:04 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jun 8, 2010 12:42:38 AM PDT
Only ONE?!!! Well.....hmmm..Chrono trigger. and at second place Lunar Silver Star Story.

Posted on Jun 8, 2010 4:14:00 AM PDT
Wow, whittling it down to just one is very difficult. I have to agree with the FF7 and X-Com proponents here, but for me personally, I simply must say Mechwarrior 2 for the PC. It was the perfect blend of "realistic" simulation and imaginative sci-fi elements, as well as being the very first game to keep me glued to my pc for an entire day without regret or guilt. I suppose any of the old Sierra Space Quest games would run a very close second, as perhaps would Microprose's F-19 Stealth Fighter.

Posted on Jun 8, 2010 12:16:43 PM PDT
I started playing Final Fantasy games with #8, so I can't comment on 7. My favorite RPG goes back to Shining Force 2 on the Genesis; it's the only RPG I've ever played through more than once. I'm gonna go against the grain on this one and propose something more modern for the best overall, though. God of War 3 is a masterpiece. The combat, storytelling, graphics, and sheer attitude allow me to call it the best game I've ever played.

Posted on Jun 8, 2010 10:00:48 PM PDT
My absolute favorite game is Ultima VI for the PC. This is one RPG that is huge on exploration. In fact, I'm actually playing this one now on my retro PC :) Which is an Intel P2 350Mhz with 16 Megs of ram running DOS 6.2 and Windows 3.1 with ATI's Mach 64 graphics card and Creatives Sound Blaster Pro.... In case anyone wanted to know ;)

Posted on Jun 10, 2010 7:43:30 PM PDT
Kyle Labonte says:
The last truely great Final Fantasy RPG was Final Fantasy 6, when they went to 3-D they lost alot for me, probably favorite of all time would be Final Fantasy Tactics for the SOny Playstation, it came out not that far after 7 but is a completely different kind of game, and is truely my favorite game of all time, Final Fantasy 4 a close second.

Posted on Jun 28, 2010 11:35:23 PM PDT
J. Scott says:
I'm going to go Double Dragon for NES. Because if it hadn't been for that game I played oh so many years ago I probabely wouldn't be the video game junkie I am today. It hooked me and will always be my all-time favorite.

Posted on Jun 29, 2010 12:41:52 AM PDT
Nick Jones says:
I'm going to cheat and call a tie. Final Fantasy VI (III when I first played it on the SNES), for the deep story, characters and emotion. And Kefka RULES!!!! And for sheer nasty, politically incorrect, tasteless, vulgar ultraviolence, and having no redeeming social value whatsoever, Carmageddon!!!!

Posted on Jun 29, 2010 7:29:24 AM PDT
Arcanum, with KOTOR 2 a close second.

Posted on Jun 29, 2010 4:13:26 PM PDT
Kevin Hodges says:
phantom dust
if that doesnt count then morrowind
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the RPG forum (120 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  RPG forum
Participants:  529
Total posts:  637
Initial post:  May 20, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 26 customers

Search Customer Discussions