Customer Discussions > RPG forum

What was absolute best game you've ever played? CHOOSE ONLY ONE!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 637 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 27, 2010 4:18:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 27, 2010 4:29:37 PM PDT
Cant decide on one, so top 6 contenders
Tie-fighter- after more than a decade, it still never gets old!!!
Planescape:Torment-greatest, and longest story in perhaps any game
Daggerfall-
KOTOR 2
Morrowind
Temple of elemental evil-started a long lived DnD based pcRPG addiction

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2010 4:59:05 PM PDT
Steven Cohen says:
LOOM = awesome adventure game
Wiki entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loom_(video_game)

Posted on Sep 27, 2010 9:16:27 PM PDT
Nate Smith says:
fallout 3 blew me away. I loved first person shooters and thought rpg's sucked before i played it. After it I love rpgs and first person shooters even more. I played through 5 times and got platinum. Then got the game of the year edition and got all the trophies from that. Best game ever from a gamer who started out playn atari and nintendo at 6 years old and has had every major console since. nothing beats fallout not even Call of duty or GTA 3

Posted on Sep 27, 2010 11:17:30 PM PDT
W3ap0n-X says:
Crystalis. As a youngster I cannot remember another game that really captured my attention and stuck with me as much as it did. I still play it every once in awhile.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2010 9:03:21 AM PDT
I remember Crystalis, weird game. I couldn't just pick one, ah, ok, Xenogears, followed by Lunar Eternal Blue..

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 11:17:35 AM PDT
Tabletop: Battletech (I never could afford 40k).

Video game: Twisted Metal Black

Computer game: Master of Orion II

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2010 7:26:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 28, 2010 7:28:23 PM PDT
Henry Gannon says:
Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn for the PC. I think it still holds my personal record for most times played. I wasn't a PC-gamer until the Baldur's Gate series and sequals to great games are always iffy, but Shadows of Amn nailed it in every way - the story was top notch, graphics (while not quite as dazzling today) still hold up, the gameplay was addictive without being repetitive, the voice-acting was stellar, the effects... Yeah, this would be the one in my book. I've been a huge RPG fan for well over 20 years, and this game captures in one complete package everything that made (and keeps me) a fan.

Posted on Sep 28, 2010 7:42:27 PM PDT
whatever says:
Ok, I don't know if my definition of RPG is the correct one but I pick Kings Field II narrowly over Zelda Link to the Past and Final Fantasy VII.
Its an under-rated game & not many people liked it (I think mainly b/c of lack of characters).
I would compare it most to Oblivion but I liked Kings Field's story better and it was gloomier.
Both are good but I go into Kings Field more.

Posted on Sep 30, 2010 5:43:00 AM PDT
Joseph Moore says:
Majora's Mask, no contest.

Posted on Oct 1, 2010 12:39:21 AM PDT
tough call i love so many games id have to say either castlevania dracula x chronicles or final fantasy 6

Posted on Oct 8, 2010 12:21:22 PM PDT
legend of legaia. I like that game alot.

Posted on Oct 8, 2010 8:46:07 PM PDT
Everquest.

Posted on Oct 9, 2010 4:23:09 AM PDT
Mars says:
Holy crap thats a toughy... (Gotta break the rules) Ummmm, Legend of Zelda, the same one on the original NES. Mostly because it was awesome and it was what hooked me into console gaming. Then FF7 because it got me back into console gaming.

Posted on Oct 11, 2010 4:50:50 PM PDT
Gotta say final fantasy VII. It sucks that I have to follow the group but it's absolutely true. The characters, story, battle system, environment, mini-games, weapons, WEAPONS, enemies. Loved it all.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2010 9:05:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2010 9:07:55 PM PDT
R. Spears says:
Wing Commander was the game for me - It was also the reason I wanted a whole 1MB of memory - just to see the extra graphics on screen with the hand and joystick along with the face of my copilot on the communicator. I would be frightened to go back and try to figure out how many hours I played that game.

A close 2nd was Gunship 2000 (plus the expansion, which I forget the name of right now). It snuck in a slight RPG element by having you command a group of other helicopters once you reached a certain rank. Half the fun for me was outfitting the helicopters with various weapons based on the mission.

Posted on Oct 13, 2010 11:08:42 PM PDT
Starry2 says:
Never Winter Nights and all the other one to add on,about 4 expansion, The best game that kept me on my computer on cold lonely winter nights. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2010 11:13:01 PM PDT
Starry2 says:
I loved Morrowind and I complete the game then let my grandson who is 10 have it. And he call me to get a hint on making it threw a quest.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2010 11:24:49 PM PDT
Starry2 says:
Demon's Souls I'm playing now I got my strength up to 21 and trying to go higher to beat the foes of the game.
(here one hint I have many)
In land of the Shadow mens that one skeleton knight that has a blue round light on his head and roll toward you, kill him then go back to the sword to go home then go back in and kill again and repeat about 10 time for higher point then go back home and a lady in black you can buy strength over and over again.
I cant wait to beat that big troll and see if I can do that over and over again until they want give me no more strength point, then I'll be powerful and can go into any realms.

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 12:57:22 AM PDT
Ripping my hair out over Kingdom Hearts, FFVIII or Ocarina of Time.....gonna have to say Kingdom Hearts, nothing can beat that story, voice cast and gameplay.

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 1:13:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 14, 2010 1:24:51 PM PDT
Very difficult choice...so many good games...

Morrowind - Oblivon
System Shock 2 - Bioshock - Bioshock 2
KOTOR - KOTOR 2
Gothic - Gothic 2 - Gothic 3
Planescape:Torment
VTM Bloodlines
Deus Ex - Deux Ex 2

...if I had to pick a current favorite, I would go with The Witcher (Enhanced Edition)

Old school favorites....

Star Control 2
Planet's Edge
Ultima IV

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 1:19:13 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 3, 2011 7:39:28 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 2:09:39 PM PDT
H. C. Kia says:
FFVI. There's probably nothing about this game I don't like.

If they ever remake it for the DS or any other system... i just won't exist till I play it through again, must have beaten it 8ish times.

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 3:30:15 PM PDT
Ultima 4. Tried the Stygian Abyss 3 times until I got all the asnwers right! 8 hours wasted!

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 11:45:36 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 14, 2010 11:46:38 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 15, 2010 2:12:59 AM PDT
Brainspazm says:
Fatal Frame and Dragon Age For Single Player
COD: MW2 for Multi
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the RPG forum (120 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  RPG forum
Participants:  529
Total posts:  637
Initial post:  May 20, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 26 customers

Search Customer Discussions