Customer Discussions > RPG forum

What was absolute best game you've ever played? CHOOSE ONLY ONE!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 637 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2010 9:04:43 PM PDT
My game had nothing to do with video games.....

Posted on Aug 23, 2010 10:51:50 AM PDT
sputnik says:
mass effect 2

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 23, 2010 11:54:11 PM PDT
Caleb Sweatt says:
I agree with Xenogears, simply amazing game.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 24, 2010 5:27:30 AM PDT
J. Anderson says:
It's sad to me when you "miss" the days of sitting in someone's basement chugging Mountain Dew playing D&D as something we are missing in our lives.

Posted on Aug 24, 2010 11:50:09 PM PDT
C. Morelock says:
Yeah, it's sad to miss the days of sitting in a basement with other people interacting and socializing.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2010 7:59:49 PM PDT
Not at all... I still love D&D because it can be as in-depth, goofy, short, basic and just straight up fun as you and your friends want it. Dungeons & Dragons is still the greatest. 3.5 is the best for its ability to modify!

Posted on Aug 25, 2010 8:02:03 PM PDT
As far as best game I will have to go with Suikoden II. It was one of the best games I have ever played and one of the only ones that I can replay over and over again and never get tired of it.

Posted on Aug 25, 2010 8:42:48 PM PDT
J. L. says:
Iron Man 2

Posted on Aug 25, 2010 9:30:04 PM PDT
lu_and_nel says:
WIN, LOSE, OR DRAW (NES)

yay!!!!!
not

seriously one game?

that's like picking between having sex with scarlet johansen and jessica alba or marilyn monroe and selena

actually no its not, at all

how about most MEMORABLE game?

Posted on Aug 26, 2010 3:13:45 AM PDT
Bulbachutwo says:
Well, as someone stated earlier, if table-top games count, probably WoD Vampire Masquerade. Had some of my best times just chilling with friends and playing it. Miss those good old times :D

But video game wise, it's a hard decision. The best game I believe to be based on graphics, storyline (Or in this case ending a storyline), gameplay, and overall quality would be Metal Gear Solid 4. Even the online portion was a blast. The MGS series is my favorite overall, however..

Silent Hill 2 had a big impact on me. The atmosphere, the characters, metaphors, and scares were top notch and I've never experienced better. But Halo: CE also gets a shout-out because of the good father-son quality time to made with my father. I miss those good old days also. So it's hard to choose!

(Lets not forget TES3: Morrowind and the Mass Effect series. Definitely super close follow-ups.)

Posted on Aug 26, 2010 6:18:49 AM PDT
If MMORPGs count then I'll have to go with World of Warcraft. If not then I'd go with Starflight from WAAAAAYYY back in the day.

Posted on Aug 26, 2010 7:43:43 AM PDT
L. Iverson says:
Hands down - Mass Effect Series.

Something new and refreshing that has broken away from the molds of all the other games. A perfect blend of science fiction and RPG.

Posted on Aug 29, 2010 3:51:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 30, 2010 8:37:29 PM PDT
Anna P. says:
Golden Sun 2.
I still hate that Doom Dragon.
There are PLENTY more I could choose, but this was just so fun as a kid! Still is!

Posted on Aug 31, 2010 3:55:06 PM PDT
final fantasy 10 for ps2 that game was mind blowing when it first came out great characters awesome story.

cheat lol

modern warfare 1 for ps3 pc and 360 got to shoot people with modern guns that had an awesome multiplayer and single player

Posted on Sep 1, 2010 1:46:13 AM PDT
Fafner says:
Final Fantasy VII. Pure magic.

Posted on Sep 3, 2010 9:46:44 AM PDT
MrFoxhound says:
Wizards and Warriors for NES

I haven't played any other game to completion more than this game. I've been playing this game since it came out too. Just on most time invested it's the best I've ever played, and that's more time in than WoW and PSO on Dreamcast, and Oblivion and Morrowind. Singularly, not combined.

Posted on Sep 3, 2010 3:09:28 PM PDT
Anna P. says:
Golden Sun: The Lost Age the only game I spent more than 130 hours on.

Posted on Sep 4, 2010 5:48:46 AM PDT
D. Annon says:
XENOGEARS for PSX. better than any of the PSX FF games, yet gets no respect. (didn't care for the Xenosaga Trilogy, tho.)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2010 7:01:46 AM PDT
if my soul is destined to wait in purgatory for eternity, ill be sure to sneak a laptop and a copy of ufo Defense

Posted on Sep 9, 2010 8:34:06 AM PDT
doz70 says:
I've played a lot of great games, starting with atari long long ago. But if i had to choose one it would have to be FF III (Snes). As close to gaming perfection as I've seen. One of the very few games that I can still pick up and play and still sucks me right back in, and it's been what, over 15 years since I first picked it up. I'm not a huge fan of remakes, but if they remade this point-for-point, but with mordern graphics, I'd be first in line.

Posted on Sep 18, 2010 1:15:31 AM PDT
Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance.
There needs to be more offline co-op
games like this

Posted on Sep 18, 2010 1:20:51 AM PDT
cpatel says:
2D game: Secret of Mana for SNES.
3D Game: Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.

Posted on Sep 19, 2010 9:48:53 PM PDT
it has to be final fantasy iv for me

Posted on Sep 19, 2010 10:23:03 PM PDT
The load screen to ridge racer was the best.

Posted on Sep 20, 2010 3:29:01 AM PDT
Bane766 says:
Probably Shining Force 2 or Morrowind. I love others, but either of those two. I CANNOT pick between them, sorry.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the RPG forum (120 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  RPG forum
Participants:  529
Total posts:  637
Initial post:  May 20, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 26 customers

Search Customer Discussions