Customer Discussions > RPG forum

Looking for rpg for xbox 360

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 7, 2008 2:16:55 AM PDT
I loved mass effect and lost odyssey- what else would i love for xbox 360?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2008 7:42:55 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 23, 2008 2:39:52 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2008 12:56:55 PM PDT
Adam says:
I can't recommend Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion highly enough. The world is enormous (and you can fast travel to places you've been to, making it very easy to get around), there are dozens of side quests and a really great, epic main quest. There are action elements that make it sort of weird (it's hard to target and swinigng a sword takes some getting used to) but it would take you 75+ hours to get through almost all of it. It's from the makers of the forth-coming Fallout 3.

(And while these two games are "sequels" to other games there is absolutely no need to have played the eariler games; they stand up completely on their own.)

Not a 360 game, but if you are a fan of BioWare's Mass Effect (one of my fave games of the year) you should try BioWare's original XBox game Jade Empire. Very similar gameplay (side quests, companions, good/evil choices) but with a really unique enviroinment.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2008 1:03:54 PM PDT
Mjollnir says:
Oblivion FTW

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2008 1:46:47 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 10, 2008 12:48:08 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2008 4:54:04 PM PDT
M. Thacker says:
I wouldn't agree so much with the Enchanted Arms comment......

Um, It's been said several times; The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion has brought me literally hundreds of hours of fun; you can choose from 10 or so races and classes with almost limitless possibilities on character creation (based off race, gender, class, ablilites, etc.). Plus, after the story is over, you can still do hundreds of side quests and wander around a 16X16 mile in-game world. A must have if you love a quality RPG.

As well, from the same developers; Fallout 3 is coming out in several months and that should be pretty amazing. Fable 2 should be something to look forward too.

One RPG that doesn't get much credit is Eternal Sonata. From the outward looks of it; it looks kinda kiddish b/c of the bright colors and art design; but it really has some deep themes mixed in to a moderately simple storyline. The battle system is simple but satisfying; it's kind of like kingdom hearts or lost galaxy if you've played those games.

Unfortunately there really aren't that many quality RPGs for the XBOX 360 at the moment; you'll have to wait for some of the really good ones to come out in the coming months. But, Oblivion and Eternal Sonata are worth a try right now.

Also, you have the original Fable as an XBOX original title that you could download if interested.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2008 6:09:29 AM PDT
Tales of Vesperia is a solid new RPG for the 360.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 10, 2008 7:02:23 AM PDT
MyNameIsMudd says:
I really have been enjoying enchanted arms. suprised so many people didn't like it. It's pretty solid. If you like the old japanese turned based style of rpg then you'll like it. I think the only thing that I could say that i was not impressed with is how the conversations consist of the picture of the person popping up on the screen. but that is how old school games were too. I guess if you want an old school experience on the new gen system then its a good way to go. I didn't think that I would like setting up the battle field but thats one of my favorite options and it kinda has a chess feeling to it, which i like. I'd give it around 4 stars outta 5.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2008 1:44:36 PM PDT
Yamagokou says:
if you wanna test out an MMORPG, your can try Final Fantasy XI. it has a monthly fee like all MMORPGs but its a never ending game. ive been playing it for 3 years now. its a little bit daunting at first but its very rewarding once you get used to its complexity. it also a good way to meet new people and develop online friendships. Its not for everyone but worth a try.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2009 3:43:26 PM PST
Alfred E says:
Fallout 3 is Mad Max meets Oblivion. Incredible graphics, game play, and story. I hear there are over a hundred different endings to the game depending on your play style and choices. Check it out!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2009 10:00:12 PM PST
T. D. Bruce says:
I loved Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey as well, however Oblivion did absolutely nothing for me. It was far too slow and just didn't keep me interested at all. I loved Morrowind for Xbox, but I guess I expected too much from Oblivion.

Have you played Fable 2? Again, it was slightly disappointing as well but it's not too bad. Definitely different.

Bioshock was more of an FPS, but had some RPG elements to it along with a pretty good story.

Eternal Sonata was decent although slow at times. Though I think most RPG's have their slow moments. That's part of being an RPG gamer. Endure the slow parts. I guess we all have our limits though.

Infinite Undiscovery is a pretty fun game I thought.

Spectral Force and Operation Darkness are good Atlus games(Big fan of Atlus) though SRPG's can be tedious at times.

I know this original post was a long time ago, but this may prove useful to some so I'll post it anyway.

Kudos,
Dane

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2009 8:24:37 AM PST
Surya Dao says:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned more about Fallout 3, which is an incredible sci-fi style rpg. It is like Oblivion in a post-apocalyptic world and very fun. The combat is very unique from any game I've seen in a long time, and the story arcs are very cool.

Personally, I am eagerly anticipating the release of Dragon Age in Nov. '09. This looks to add an rpg to the xbox360, which sorely lacks such titles.

Posted on Feb 19, 2009 9:50:27 AM PST
Ariezxxx says:
Oblivion is the way to go RPG wise. It's vast environment and numerous side quests will keep you busy for a while.

Posted on Mar 10, 2009 3:47:17 PM PDT
Jon says:
I played it on the PS3, not the 360, but I thoroughly enjoyed Enchanted Arms. The story was actually pretty good (not to mention having several very humorous parts thanks to main character Atsuma), and the battle system was actually quite enjoyable, not to mention the expansive amount of playable golems (over 125 I believe).

Posted on Apr 13, 2009 12:38:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 13, 2009 12:40:16 PM PDT
LATSBTJT says:
Lost Remnant is a massive, sometimes complicated but very fun RPG. Personally, I can't get enough of it, but some people find the battle system less than appealing, but once you understand it, it's great! If you play it, I would advise you to seek out hints, cheats and advice from websites like GameSpot, etc; these websites have forums from which you can gain invaluable advice from people that have won the game. They also suggest a chronological progression to follow which the strategy guide does not mention. However, you should get the strategy guide if you want to play all the side quests that are important to the story. The strategy guide doesn't have a great deal of detail, but you do get side quests that open up as you follow the storyline. You can also download several "Add-ons" from XBox 360 Silver or Gold. The Add-ons give you an additional dungeon plus some very difficult monsters to slay and valuable objects to find. One of the best things about the game is you can save anytime, anywhere, you don't have to advance to a "save point". I recommend this game highly. In my opinion, this game lives up to Square Enix's reputation for great RPG's.

Posted on Apr 13, 2009 12:49:44 PM PDT
Tales Of Vesperia!
Eternal Sonata
Enchanted Arms

Posted on May 28, 2009 11:08:06 AM PDT
m.s. says:
Have you tried out Two Worlds? A lot of people really hated it when it came out because of all of the horrible bugs. However the patches fixed this up pretty well. The dialogue can be a bit "trying" at times. But overall its a fun little game for the $10 you can get it for at most places. I picked it up a few weeks ago and have put in about 15 hours currently. Its no Oblivion or Fallout, but its something different. I was reminded of Morrowind and Diablo. Its worth checking out if you are not afraid to give it a chance.

Posted on Jul 1, 2009 7:58:58 AM PDT
Kevin Wojcik says:
if you can wait i would get "Dragon Age", supposedly Oct. release date (these dates always change). i played Fallout 3, loved it, great graphics and playing in a world destroyed (mad max style) was great fun also. i would like to try Oblivion but i just don't have the time to put into that game but id id hear it was an awesome game.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2009 1:46:10 AM PDT
Star Ocean

Posted on Sep 24, 2009 11:15:40 AM PDT
J. Hoyle says:
The best ones on Xbox 360 are Fallout 3, Fable II, Oblivion, Blue Dragon, and Tales of Vesperia.
Final Fantasy XIII will probably rock, but it's not out yet. Lost Odyssey is good, but Mass Effect is amazing.

Posted on Oct 8, 2009 8:46:50 PM PDT
Acts7 says:
Dragon Age Origins by BioWare!!!
Oblivion GOTY edition (because it includes all the DLC)
Mass Effect is fun but not the standard fantasy world RPF with Elves and Orcs
Fallout 3 GOTY edition (again because it includes all the DLC) this was just released.

Posted on Oct 8, 2009 11:08:03 PM PDT
Starocean 4
Fable 2
Tales of vesperia

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 12, 2009 9:15:03 AM PDT
Ernest says:
Fallout 3 all the way.
I am getting the game of the year edition 10/13. Massive game and GOTY comes with 5 expansions valued $10 each. Its a modern day RPG that plays like a shooter.
Fun missions and finding some type of guide for this whether online free or book guide ~$20 is well worth it.

Posted on Oct 12, 2009 9:41:43 AM PDT
J.M. says:
Tales of Vesperia
Eternal Sonata
Mass Effect 2 (not out yet)
Oblivion
Fable 2 (this game is so underrated!)

Posted on Nov 12, 2009 7:35:25 PM PST
Fani says:
Sacred 2 Fallen Angel -- hardcore TitanQuest/Diablo clone
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the RPG forum (120 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  RPG forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Sep 7, 2008
Latest post:  May 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions