Customer Discussions > RPG forum

What was absolute best game you've ever played? CHOOSE ONLY ONE!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 637 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jul 7, 2010 7:31:41 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jul 8, 2010 7:23:22 PM PDT
DjGrifter says:
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

Posted on Jul 8, 2010 7:57:45 PM PDT
M. Gaudet says:
Final fantasy IX.

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 12:29:54 AM PDT
Final Fantasy 6 is the best I've played

Earthbound is my favorite though, but not nearly on par with FF6 in terms quality

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2010 8:22:14 AM PDT
Finally someone mentions the true best FF in the series, i love vii as well, it was my first rpg too but, come on, if you ever actually took the time to play vi and see it for what it was when it came out, you would be torn between vii and vi for which is best. For me, I want vi to be re-made, not vii, because in ps3 graphics, vi would be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 8:28:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 9, 2010 8:29:33 AM PDT
The greatest game I ever played is XENOGEARS, yes even better then all the Final Fantasys. My fav FF title is FF VI, even though VII was my first rpg and blew my mind away. Now for the greatest story ever told in a game series, METAL GEAR SOLID SERIES hands down, is the true greatest story ever told, portrayed and directed in gaming history. For strictly gameplay and platforming, where story and direction doesnt matter as much, and its strictly based on gameplay, Super Mario 3.

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 5:38:30 PM PDT
A. Grant says:
Before I tell what it is, let me tell you why. I went to walmart with a friend to pick up my first Playstation and asked him to recommend a game, went home and started playing, and before I knew it i was coming home from work sitting in my chair and playing 12 hours straight before heading back to work sleepless! I have never been so addicted to a game! I played it again about a year ago on my PS3 and still love it! The game is Final Fantasy VII, and as much as I hate to go with the crowd, I just can't deny it....

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 6:16:07 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 19, 2011 6:55:30 PM PDT]

Posted on Jul 9, 2010 8:26:22 PM PDT
Jay Harlan says:
The best I've played was........The Order of the Gryphon, on Turbografx, CLASSIC !

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2010 2:47:23 PM PDT
moogle11 says:
Shin Megami Tensei; Nocturne on the PS2, awesomeness incarnate.

Posted on Jul 13, 2010 1:38:58 PM PDT
The Bard's Tale (original), my friends and I would kill numerous summers playing that game. We would use a reload method to get multiple copies of the Crystal Sword. Oh so much fun.

Posted on Jul 14, 2010 3:38:00 PM PDT
Lunar 2, hands down. It is the only game I can honestly say that I was sad to finish, because I wouldn't be playing it any more. It had a great deal of character development, and I liked the story quite alot.

The blooper reel on the special edition was nice too.

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 1:03:06 AM PDT
LoZ: Majora's Mask, because Metroid Prime is too well known. It's really a tie for me though. Can't conceivably call one better than the other because they're so different, and both so perfect in their own ways.

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 10:29:52 AM PDT
James says:
chrono trigger

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 11:11:27 AM PDT
Frank Perez says:
i have to say the best of the best....shenmue I & II (Dreamcast) is not only a game is much more, play it and you see is all in one and well made.

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 2:26:19 PM PDT
Sean says:
i dont know if im allowed to pick a series if so the mass effect series and if not then Knights of the old republic 1

Posted on Jul 16, 2010 7:02:50 AM PDT
SMH says:
I'm in for Final Fantasy VII. Unbelievable game.

On another note...don't know how people can pick Portal at all. I must have missed something when I played that game but to me it was awful. Can't remember one fun level and it was really easy/short. There must be some reason why people place it in the realm of best ever, but I surely don't see it. It would be more likely to make my bottom 10 ever than my top 10.

Posted on Jul 16, 2010 10:35:01 AM PDT
Mrs. User says:
I can't stick to just one either! FF VI - for the SNES when it was III. But a close second would be FF XII, I loved the redesigned fight system and played the whole game more than once. I still have withdrawals! Resident Evil 4 for PS2 is an honorable mention for me, not only was it scary but the gameplay was engaging and its great on replay value too.

Posted on Jul 16, 2010 3:38:19 PM PDT
C. Chase says:
Lunar 2 Eternal Blue! That was the game that made me say "WOW that was amazing."

Posted on Jul 16, 2010 4:04:33 PM PDT
STurbo70 says:
Lunar: Silver Star Story on SegaCD way back when I was a kid. Probably the most memorable game I have ever played.
The cutscenes / music / voice that the CD format enabled the Genesis to do were amazing for the time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2010 8:16:56 PM PDT
Draven says:
I'd probably put down Legacy of Kain : Blood Omen. The game contained a fantastic storyline that was a driven by an intriguing protagonist whom eventually became my all time favorite video game villain. Not to mention, the gameplay was extremely fun and had a ton of cool powers that the player could utilize.

Posted on Jul 18, 2010 6:33:55 AM PDT
OBLIVION. everyone should try this one
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Game of the Year Edition

Posted on Jul 20, 2010 1:00:13 AM PDT
M. Barger says:
Tough call. So many great games over the past 30 years across all of the genres. Best ever? Hmmm. KOTOR, Suikoden 3, and Mass Effect 2 definitely get honorable mention. I'll go with Wasteland (the original Fallout is a close, close second).

Posted on Jul 20, 2010 6:48:00 AM PDT
Lunar: The Silver Star, the REAL Lunar on Sega CD and not those crappy remakes, or Final Fantasy II (IV) on SNES, can't decide. After almost 20 years I still play them each once a year.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2010 7:35:37 AM PDT
Finally! Way too many games popped up before Torment.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the RPG forum (120 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  RPG forum
Participants:  529
Total posts:  637
Initial post:  May 20, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 26 customers

Search Customer Discussions