Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > RPG forum

What was absolute best game you've ever played? CHOOSE ONLY ONE!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 576-600 of 637 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 1:11:43 PM PDT
YIGT says:
They do have F2P and its a pretty nice set up I think it is the Going rogue edition or something like that.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 3:49:14 PM PDT
NetGod says:
Yes, they do now have a F2P option, but the game is 4 times better if you are willing to pay the very small monthly fee.

Posted on May 16, 2012 8:53:41 AM PDT
Durendal says:
Hard to pick only one.

Baldurs Gate II and Diablo II are my favorite RPG's.

Don't laugh, but I really liked Deja Vu for the macintosh way back in the day too.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 7:05:09 AM PDT
J. Steelman says:
If we're talking video games, the winner is - Thief: The Dark Project. The game responsible for ushering in a new era of PC gaming for me.
Honorable mentions - Contra (NES), The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Metroid Prime, Curse of Monkey Island, Eternal Darkness

If we're talking about video-RPGs, the winner is - Final Fantasy VI.
Honorable mentions - Fallout, Final Fantasy IV, Secret of Mana, Baldur's Gate, Dragon Warrior

If we're talking board/card games, the winner is - Star Wars CCG by Decipher. Most deeply strategic, well-designed and balanced CCG I've ever played.
Honorable mentions - Munchkin, Arkham Horror, Cosmic Encounter, King of Tokyo, Robo Rally

If we're talking pen-and-paper RPGs, the winner is - The Star Wars Roleplaying Game by West End Games. More fun from that game than any other I've ever played.
Honorable mentions - Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, Deadlands, Marvel Super Heroes (TSR)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 7:08:52 AM PDT
J. Steelman says:
I never got to play Deja Vu, but I did play (and love) a later game in the MacVenture series called "Shadowgate". So many fond memories of late nights staring at that tiny, black-and-white Macintosh screen! :-)

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 2:37:40 PM PDT
System Shock 2....where, oh where is SS3? This game was easily the hardest game I have ever played, due to nearly non-existent ammo, re-spawning of enemies and invisible enemies, yet most compelling (and so far, scariest). Bio-Shock 1-2, the spiritual successor to the throne, is very good, and I love that game as well, but it's predecessor had far more options for varied gameplay....and was much harder.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 6, 2012 2:39:37 PM PDT
I too, almost chose Thief, but System Shock won out by a nose...barely...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2012 3:19:47 AM PDT
torment is my #1 game. ff3 is up there, tho i like final fantasy tactics as the best final fantasy game.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012 5:39:34 PM PDT
jvc4331 says:
The Witcher 2

Posted on Jun 12, 2012 2:02:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 12, 2012 2:04:07 AM PDT
Victor Smith says:
I have to say that The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind was by far the best game I ever played even though it's a bit dated now. At the time I bought it (2004) it only came with the Disc and no instructions on the original XBOX. So with no Google access it was very challenging. Great game and Great times!

Posted on Jun 13, 2012 1:13:47 PM PDT
reddkey says:
Baldur's Gate 2, best then, still is, and probably will remain so.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 12:17:48 AM PDT
left 4 dead 2. left alone i could play that til i became one with the couch i sit on.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 2:17:53 AM PDT
matthew says:
resident evil ps1

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 12:25:49 PM PDT
Kreeper says:
River City Ransom on the original nintendo.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 3:16:44 PM PDT
GTA: San Andrea.
Collected everything, played through multiple times, and I still have fun exploring and meeting the characters to this day.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 9:25:50 PM PDT
Freeman C. says:
Final Fantasy 9 is my favorite if we are talking about English games only. It is one of my top 3 if we count games in foreign languages as well.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 6:53:27 AM PDT
Slaychandim says:
there are so many but the first game to get me totally hooked was link to the past

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 8:59:21 AM PDT
I didn't read through the entire posting, but my favorite, all-time best game EVER played is: Chrono Trigger. The best. It had it all. Characters, plot, story, awesome combat, and great re-playability. Just the best. I saw a lot of FF7 posts here. No offense to FF7, but for all of the great times, it just had a "rushed" feeling. It felt like the story had more to it, but they didn't tell (and I'm not talking about the other games and movies released, i'm talking about the core game) the rest of it. Anyway, that's my pick.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 1:57:36 PM PDT
River City Ransom for the NES. Pure open-world, multiplayer awesomeness.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 8:06:25 AM PDT
J. Sias says:
Civilization II for PC / Ultima IV for the Apple IIe (one for each platform :P)... My runner ups would be Balance of Power for the Mac, Myth I & II (Bungie) for the Mac, and Jedi Knight II for the PC. Lots of others but I gotta stop somewhere. Shadowkeep, Planescape: Torment, Fool's Errand, Crystal Quest, Baldur's Gate... Ok ok ok.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 9:52:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 18, 2012 9:54:03 AM PDT
Well the one that left the most impression on me the first time I played it was MW2 (let the bashing begin on how much of a fanboy I am haha). It was for a good reason though. I had gotten my PS3 for Christmas, and had never played on a PS3 before. The last console I played on was PS2, so it was amazing how good the graphics, control responses, and everything else was. COD is definitely not my favorite, but it sure was memorable the first time played it because of how much gaming had changed. My favorite game I think is BF3. At least I've probably put a lot more time into it than any other game except maybe Red Dead Redemption

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 8:40:37 AM PDT
W. L. Leva says:
Ahh.. So many to choose from. I remember putting hours into Kid Chameleon and NHL 94/95 on the Genesis as a kid, then getting a PS1 and getting addicted to FF7, wasting hours with Ocarina of Time and WWF No Mercy for N64. Playing FFX on PS2 as my first game, and then later playing Max Payne which I still love to this day. Playing Halo on the original Xbox for the first time, and even now playing Uncharted 2 when that first came out I was blown away. But believe it or not it was a PS2 game that I played for the first time well after the ps2's glory days were over. My top 5 are as Follows:

5. Catherine (X360/PS3)
Something about the uniqueness of the game really struck me, and I'm an extreme puzzle fiend. My favorite game of this generation.

4. Metroid Fusion (GBA)
Hands down my favorite portable and side scroller of all time.

3. Final Fantasy 7 (PS1)
Mostly due to nostalgia, this was my first true rpg, and what really made me fall in love with the genre.

2. Diablo 2 (PC)
Diablo is probably the most repetitive game out there and definitely that I've ever played, but something about finding those uniques after a couple of Baal runs really gets the blood pumping.

1. Persona 4 (PS2)
Persona 4 is everything I want in a game. An engrossing story (to me anyway), a fantastic battle system and capturing component, hilarious dialogue

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 2:13:11 PM PDT
John R. Wion says:
Phantasy Star Online for Dreamcast devoured so much of my teenage years I would be lying if I didn't claim it as my favorite. Ah the memories...

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 5:07:20 PM PDT
Banjo Kazooie on the nintendo 64

Posted on Jun 20, 2012 9:07:41 PM PDT
Marco S. says:
Half Life 2. Go ahead, close the thread. Nothing more is needed.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the RPG forum (120 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  RPG forum
Participants:  529
Total posts:  637
Initial post:  May 20, 2010
Latest post:  Feb 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 26 customers

Search Customer Discussions