Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > RPG forum

The RPG you never tell people you actually like

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 238 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 25, 2009 4:55:47 PM PDT
Rayz says:
The PS1 version of Chronotrigger which everyone else hates for the long load times.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2009 1:23:27 PM PDT
I seriously wish i could find an emulator of this game it is probly my favorite RPG of all time, cant explain why but it was.

Posted on Oct 26, 2009 1:25:39 PM PDT
Being in the military, playing WoW turns alot of heads if people find out I play it.

Posted on Oct 27, 2009 12:28:07 PM PDT
P. V. says:
I have no problem telling people I played and thoroughly enjoyed FFX-2. I am, however, embarrassed to say that I played and enjoyed a Sailor Moon RPG from the SNES days...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2009 2:52:37 PM PDT
lol I played majic the gathering the card game until my Jr. year in high school but now fly for AF Spec ops, I still enjoy RPGs ALOT. I do hide the fact that I play WoW, thats not really accepted in my community lol.

Posted on Nov 16, 2009 11:06:59 PM PST
Mike C says:
Definitely going to go with pokemon at 20 years old you'd think I would be ashamed but for some reason I'm not.

Posted on Nov 29, 2009 2:51:46 PM PST
Many FF games, Kingdom Hearts (all of them), and three MMORPG's: Lineage II, Guild Wars, and World Of Warcraft.

Posted on Dec 8, 2009 1:01:59 PM PST
I thoroughly enjoyed enchanted arms and ff mystic quest but the Rpg that is most embarassin is Runescape. Ive played it on and off since late 2001

Posted on Dec 10, 2009 4:43:28 AM PST
i know this was posted a year ago but i liked Shadow Madness. i said it so dont kill me LOL

Posted on Dec 10, 2009 9:17:41 AM PST
Blueblur1984 says:
I'll jump on the Pokemon band wagon...I loved the first two games and have been wanting to pick up the more recent DS ones but haven't due to shame. Azure dreams is another one. I wrote a review that I loved that game...woke up screaming last night when I remembered I liked it back in the day because it had a dating element to it >_<

Posted on Dec 12, 2009 7:47:43 AM PST
Sadly there was no mention of earthbound (SNES), that game was silly, but a good Dragon Warrior clone

Posted on Dec 12, 2009 2:07:27 PM PST
L. Doll says:
I got one that beats all. An embarrassingly enjoyable game that most probably haven't heard of or played: Princess Tomato for NES.

Posted on Dec 12, 2009 3:02:07 PM PST
Kel says:
Okage the Shadow King anyone? My sister loved that game and I might just buy it for her again if I can make it home on leave and find it on amazon...

Pokemon was a great RPG especially since I was about 11 when I did my first playthrough. I bought Pokemon Fire-Red when I was 18 and had to hide it from my co-workers and boss when they came around... sigh... The worst part is I'm 21 now and thinking about getting a DSi if only to play Pokemon Platinum and see where it's gone after all these years...

I'd say World of Warcraft is the single-most RPG out there. There isn't anything like it in terms of scale and I haven't played it in 8 months so I'm truly pining to get back on it...

Posted on Dec 12, 2009 3:04:49 PM PST
Kel says:
Level 62 Blood Elf Death Knight!!!
That's me...

Posted on Dec 12, 2009 8:14:55 PM PST
Nikolas says:
i have to agree with Bonk on this one. Dark Cloud was an AWESOME game that i can't quite seem to say to anyone i like it. It just seems to childish to me. ALTHOUGH Dark Cloud 2 with a somewhat more adult-ish approach to it was better and awesome and i can admit to that one lol

Posted on Dec 12, 2009 8:16:34 PM PST
Nikolas says:
and yes, with 11 million + ppl playing wow, your bound to run into some ppl who play it on a thread like this lol. lvl 80 priest and Dk over here >.<

Posted on Dec 13, 2009 8:43:30 PM PST
Wow, I've played quite a few games listed in this list.

I've played FFX-2. Can't say I liked it, but I survived it at least. And there was one song I liked form it at least. >,,>

Personally I love all of the .hack games. I remember playing each one and not being able to wait until the next one came out. Personally, I hope them come out with another series of games. >,,>

As much as I hate seeing Mickey Mouse on my screen thinking he's all that and a bag of chips, I do enjoy the Kingdom Hearts games.

Legend of Dragoon was a pretty good game, though the graphics weren't exactly great.

The Dark Cloud games are some of my favorites, especially the first one even though the main character never spoke a single word. xD

I think that about covers it. *nod*

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2009 9:10:07 AM PST
H. Kennedy says:
Phantasy Star III was my favorite of all of that series. Glad to see that someone else likes it!

"King's Bounty" for the Sega Genesis. Godawful graphics, no story to speak of, strategy RPG with absolutely no redeeming qualities... I played it for a couple of hours at a time for (seemingly) MONTHS! I'd probably still play it if it was available.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2009 9:16:40 AM PST
H. Kennedy says:
@L.Doll:
Someone else that's played Princess Tomato! OMG, I loved that game!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2009 6:32:28 PM PST
Damn Retallack... I agree. ;p

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2009 6:33:26 PM PST
One of my favorite games ever. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2009 6:36:30 PM PST
Legend of Dragoon was pretty much awesome but our hero with the staff... For some reason I could hardly ever get more than his first or second attacks...

Pokemon though, I always loved the first three but after the 151 Pokemon I couldn't take it! I think it was the pink cow that did me in... Ack!

Posted on Dec 15, 2009 10:31:59 AM PST
Ben says:
Vandal Hearts, Parasie Eve 2. Nearly Every RPG Player I know has bashed both games for either they're difficulty or control scheme.

Posted on Dec 15, 2009 10:40:43 AM PST
Bandage says:
Arcana for the SNES. I don't know anyone else who's ever played it but it's so cheesy and so unknown by today's standards, I don't see myself ever getting into a conversation where it would come up (except here, of course. Yay!) I loved the whole 'playing card combat system' and, at the time, it a mighty cool alternative to a tabletop rpg card game.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2009 7:04:03 AM PST
Zabdiel says:
i was hoping someone would mention the sailormoon game so i wouldn't have to... lol thanx
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the RPG forum (120 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  RPG forum
Participants:  183
Total posts:  238
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2008
Latest post:  Oct 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions