Customer Discussions > RPG forum

The RPG you never tell people you actually like

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 238 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 6, 2011 10:32:25 AM PDT
aidenraine says:
none. I like what I like, why should I care what other people have to say about it? I'm not embarrassed about it. I proudly admit to the games that I love.

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 9:09:52 AM PDT
Whiz the Wiz says:
More power to you, S. Leggett! I was gonna say that I was a little embarrassed at first when I first bought GURPS. But taking heart from your comments I'll stand tall and proudly say, 'HEY! I bought GURPS because I have been missing playing Traveller for several years and saw GURPS Traveller on ebay." It's also actually much more playable and better than the original GDW version was, too, and best of all you can make the character that you WANT to play, not like the original game where you were straightjacketed by the die rolls you got for your military service. Now as to other aspects of the GURPS game, I've thought about it, but D&D 3.5, D&D 4E, and Pathfinder are each one light years ahead of GURPS, so I just can't imagine ever doing it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2011 10:00:38 AM PDT
Man...Tsugunai was one of the few from ATLUS i absolutely despised. I still played through till the end hoping to be suprised, but it never really got any good. Believe me I have played worse but was not as disappointed as I was with this.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2011 10:03:51 AM PDT
Oh hell yea! I played through this game no joke at least a dozen times. the strategy guide I bought with it has no spine its just all loose leaf. I pray that there will one day be a true sequel to this and FF7!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2011 10:23:07 AM PDT
aidenraine says:
well, I'm glad my lack of shame was helpful to you. now whenever someone says that years of playing eroge aren't good for anything, I can tell them otherwise =3

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 6:27:36 PM PDT
willicoo says:
ok to show my age i loved playing the oraginal dragon's lair at the arcade. Also the one game i never talked about but loved was Kagero: deception 2. I loved playing as the bad guy and setting traps to kill people

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 9:29:42 PM PDT
untold legends brotherhood of the blade. i believe this is a highly under-rated psp game. probally the most fun i had on a psp besides MGS. dont play any of the other untold legends though, for they are horrible.

Posted on Apr 12, 2011 10:41:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 12, 2011 10:45:16 AM PDT
Hank Dacker says:
Threads of Fate - an old PS1 game made by squaresoft. It had a decent story (although I was quite young) despite some of the more childish zones. 2 playable characters, each with their own power, with stories that meet up at certain points. !Spoiler!(for nobody) Rue, an ancient built "doll" that had the ability to turn into defeated monsters or just hack away at his opponents with 1 of the coolest weapons to date imo. And Mint, a spellweaving exiled princess fighting to regain control from her evil sister and her henchmen. Ive gotta be the only one still waiting for a sequel

Posted on Apr 12, 2011 3:02:06 PM PDT
Lexy says:
Minama Iyar Chronicles. That game is so completely average it's ridiculous with an unrefined battle system and a crazy random encounter rate. But, I enjoyed it because of the character Melrose. Just for that reason alone. Other than that, I'm not really ashamed to say I like any of the other games I play.

Posted on Apr 16, 2011 12:31:13 PM PDT
Here's an obscure one I love to play...Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. Hey, it's got fairly decent graphics, great gameplay and and a good time to play (on average, around 10-11 hours). It's my guilty pleasure.

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 5:18:22 PM PDT
Jeromy Smith says:
Mario RPG. There. I said it.

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 2:39:10 PM PDT
Joy says:
I don't know if these are considered RPG's but I get a lot of flack for enjoying "Disaster Report" and "Raw Danger." Graphics as terrible as they can be, the game tries to be so dramatic (hilarious)... but fun...for me.

Posted on Apr 21, 2011 3:16:54 PM PDT
R. Smith says:
the only rpg games i've enjoyed that I don't really talk about much is pokemon games but the people who have nothing good to say about it are those who only think about the crappy anime when they hear the name

Posted on Apr 28, 2011 10:37:47 AM PDT
brave soul. nuff said

Posted on Apr 29, 2011 12:41:20 AM PDT
Star Traders RPG

Posted on Apr 29, 2011 8:36:39 AM PDT
I only read through the first 25 responses and was VERY surprised not to see my answer... Dungeons and Dragons, of course! I see this is the RPG community, but that doesn't mean its limited to video games. Mention D&D to even some of the most hard-core video rpg fans turn up their noses. Give it a try, you'll be pleasantly surprised. Don't base your opinion on popular culture stigma.

Posted on Apr 29, 2011 6:07:10 PM PDT
@N.Retlallack I second the Quest 64!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2011 7:59:48 PM PDT
skies of Arcadia was amazing you should never be ashamed of it!

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2011 1:25:44 PM PDT
Well, I'm not reading those spoilers, since I'm looking forward to finally getting my hands on it when it's released on the PSN.

Posted on Jan 24, 2012 3:22:25 PM PST
Legend of Legaia? aswome.
.hack? changed my view on AI in all.
Pokemon? everyone loves that...

...legand of Mana? Thats mine. Spent so much time trying to get a Chocobo on that stupid thing....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2012 5:44:50 PM PST
Hey, I play D&D. And I tell people I play.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 2:52:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 5, 2012 2:53:45 PM PST
King's Field Series still hits a spot that nothing else does. Greatest exploration game out there. Extremely immersive if you aren't expecting a twitch game. Music is tremendous.

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 7:07:53 PM PST
R. Cottrell says:
Final Fantasy XIII and XIII 2. Not embarassed that I like them or anything but so many other people don't like it so I figure it fits.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012 3:25:45 PM PST
BF3 pwns says:
Skyrim dont get me wrong but it is a great game but anytime i talk about to one of my friends i feel like im a dungeons and dragons nerd talking about it

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 9:22:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 12, 2012 9:26:38 PM PST
dragon ball z attack of the saiyans on the ds...... i love that game.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the RPG forum (120 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  RPG forum
Participants:  183
Total posts:  238
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2008
Latest post:  Oct 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions