Customer Discussions > RPG forum

Best RPG, MULTIPLAYER, for PS2

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 17, 2008 1:45:41 PM PDT
Anastazi888 says:
Greetings,
I'm an "old school" RPG player and my friends and I enjoy playing RPG games that allow 2 - 4 players, single screen play. e.g. Gauntlet

Can people recommend PS2 games that allow for this kind of game play?

(We hate split screen game play. It makes our old brains hurt.)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2008 6:05:13 AM PDT
yes indeed! try these excellent titles
baldurs gate dark alliance 1 and 2
champions at arms and norrath
might even want to look at Gladius
and even lord of the rings the 3rd age (fun multiplayer)
marvel ultimate alliance and justice league heroes
these should be the best titles you will find for the ps2. some rare some not.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2008 12:08:12 PM PDT
What are the best rpg online games that are still online? And do which ones do you actually have to pay for???

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2008 7:40:41 AM PDT
I have the same request only for the PS3. I have made my bf into a gamer and he loves the Champions of Norrath and the Baldur's Gate series. Any suggestions for the PS3?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2008 11:21:10 AM PDT
Well, not a whole lot of stellar titles as of yet but I will list those I know of and or have played. (PS3)
The Eye Of Judgment (if you like card games)
and as of this writing the only other game with decent multiplayer is
Marvel Ultimate alliance
it is very similar in the skill tree and gameplay style as the Baldurs Gate dark Alliance series and is a blast to play in HD also plays fine on regular tv's just not as crispy. many great single player titles exist such as Oblivion: Game of the year edition also games like Brutal Legend and Fallout 3 are all worth looking at and for a blast of a time in multiplayer try Grand Theft Auto 4 it is hilarious online!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2008 2:52:30 PM PST
joniwenttofl says:
Dark Kingdom for the PS3 is similar to the Balders Gate series. It's got a few glitches but over all I am thrilled with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2008 7:59:18 AM PST
We checked that game out. I agree that it's got some buggy things but overall it's pretty good. I'm still waiting for a comparable RPG though.... :(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2008 7:59:19 AM PST
We checked that game out. I agree that it's got some buggy things but overall it's pretty good. I'm still waiting for a comparable RPG though.... :(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2008 9:51:14 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
I have to say that the Baldur's Gate games are extremely great in this category.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2008 10:24:10 AM PST
MyNameIsMudd says:
I'd defintiely go with champions of norrath return to arms! There is nothing bad to say about it. had lots of fun playing that one. It's much like baldurs gate but i think it's more indepth. Has about 7 different race/classes to choose from with their own skills. Lots of fun. It's a hack and slash rpg with leveling up and armor upgardes and all sorts of fun stuff. you won't be dissapointed.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  RPG forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Apr 17, 2008
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions