Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > RPG forum

Open World RPG's for Xbox 360. Excluding TES 4 Oblivion and FF games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 28, 2009 6:22:18 PM PDT
M. Martin says:
I want a good qaulity open world RPG similar to The Elder Scrolls game. It doesn't have to be for Xbox 360 as I have a PS2 and GC as well but I just want some suggestions.

Posted on Jun 28, 2009 7:21:58 PM PDT
thewindwaker says:
Fallout 3 is actually made by the same team that made TES: Oblivion, and they are both very similar.

Posted on Jul 26, 2009 10:55:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 26, 2009 10:59:22 AM PDT
I LOVE Fallout 3, I've put 100+ hours into it and still need 2 of the DLC packs (the Pitt, Point lookout)....You could easily put over 200 hours into it if you completed every sidequest as well as found out every secret.

You say open world but I might suggest Mass Effect if you've never given it a try, it's more linear than TES and Fallout but you can travel to different planets and choose quests/sidequest freely, the story is wonderful, and there are many different locations with tons of different people you can interact with....You could probably find it at a local used game store for around $15, it has around 40-50 hours of gameplay and you can also replay the game once you've beaten it and unlocked additional dialogue which adds a completely new deminsion to the gameplay.

That's my 2 cents.

Posted on Aug 14, 2009 9:48:47 AM PDT
MASS EFFECT

Posted on Aug 25, 2009 2:44:38 AM PDT
There is not really any open world RPG's aside from Oblivion (which I really couldn't play thanks to the slash slash slash *monster falls over dead the same way every time no matter how it got killed*...) open world yes, as well as Fallout...aisde from those two there has not really been many open world RPG's or what have you out there lately..except like FF7 :P

Posted on Aug 25, 2009 5:18:26 AM PDT
L. Moreno says:
Fable 2.

Posted on Aug 25, 2009 5:39:25 AM PDT
Would have said Fable 2, but that game isn't open world..open world is as already said, Fallout 3 or Oblivion type games..Fable 2 has boundaries where you can go and limits to your explorations by road blocks..lol

Posted on Aug 27, 2009 5:44:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 27, 2009 5:49:32 AM PDT
Gothic 2, Gothic 3, Two Worlds, Sacred 2...just off the top of my head.

Neither Fable nor Fable 2 are open world RPGs. They can barely be considered RPGs at all.

Posted on Sep 24, 2009 11:29:32 AM PDT
J. Hoyle says:
Fallout 3 is huge. Mass Effect is...um... massive. Fable II is open-world(in a way).

Posted on Sep 24, 2009 11:47:48 AM PDT
Him says:
Sacred 2 is terrible.

Posted on Sep 24, 2009 11:57:01 AM PDT
Hardy says:
Agreed sacred 2 is horribly bad, and i could not take Gothic 3, it's combat system was broken and it is just a bad game. If you don't really care about graphics i would say Morrowind, i enjoy it much more than its successor Oblivion.

If you like games like Baldur's gate, Champions of Norrath for the PS2 is very good as well.

Posted on Sep 25, 2009 6:00:03 AM PDT
Really, no one commented on it? DO NOT try Two Worlds, do not try it no matter what.
Yes it is on the 360 and PC, and there is a big difference, on the 360, I think I got 10 FPS max standing still, 3-4 FPS if you did anything at all
On my PC, which is powerful enough to play Crysis on High at ~30-35 FPS, I got maybe 30 FPS with Two Worlds on Medium settings, standing still
Start fighting and it drops to 20-25 FPS. Start using magic and it drops to 10-15 FPS.
This is not because the game is a powerhouse. Its not. This is because the game was poorly designed and as such is a steaming pile of ****

Posted on Sep 25, 2009 4:42:04 PM PDT
Risen is coming out here soon that is supposed to be an open world action RPG.

Posted on Oct 8, 2009 8:43:38 PM PDT
Acts7 says:
I never got to play Two Worlds. Was that open-world? Its only like $8 can't beat that price!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2009 9:49:37 PM PDT
If you are talking about the 360 version, you will gain more benefit by taking the $8, tearing the bills up, and eating them than you will get by purchasing the game
If you are talking about the PC version, and you have a BEAST of a machine, that costs 1000's of dollars, than you might be able to get some small amount of enjoyment.
The worst thing about Two Worlds, though, is that it had so much potential that it just utterly failed to deliver on

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 6:16:31 PM PDT
M. Gruodis says:
I really liked Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, i have played three times through now on fourth
Takes place in the Faelands of Amalur, which is made up of 5 massive territories each with 5 to 10 cities or areas to explore. Over 120 hand-crafted unique dungeons. Complex monster and NPC AI. Player Housing is available. Contains hidden traps and doors and locked or warded chests.

Posted on Jun 21, 2012 5:13:21 PM PDT
Joshua Cole says:
Dragon's Dogma is a recent addition to this genre. A smaller world than some, but the combat is superb, the monsters massive and the gameplay extremely fun.

Posted on Jul 5, 2012 2:20:20 AM PDT
Jacob Mraz says:
Two Worlds was a horrible game and the 2nd was even worse! Kingdom of Amalur was good if kind of feels like a console MMO with the way the graphics look, the stories not that great, but the gameplay is fun its not very long though.

Posted on Jul 11, 2012 7:57:53 AM PDT
if you like the elder scrolls games, definitely get fallout 3 goty and new vegas ultimate edition.

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 12:41:12 AM PDT
Descepticon says:
KoA, or Boarderlands.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 7:41:04 AM PDT
Brykume says:
Risen 2 has just been released. Heavy on exploration, and quite challenging. I recommend.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 7:45:36 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 7:45:59 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
This is probably my favorite open world RPG of this generation: Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga

Posted on Aug 14, 2012 5:45:28 AM PDT
Aaron Miller says:
Dragon's Dogma
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the RPG forum (120 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  RPG forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Jun 28, 2009
Latest post:  Aug 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions