Customer Discussions > RPG forum

Is there any good RPG on Kindle?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 17, 2010 11:12:00 AM PST
Nicolás says:
So far there are only like 3 RPG on Kindle, I´m reading th samples, but so far one is like the worst game ever, and the other 2 lack the spirit and magic of other games laike WoD, AD&D, Kult, etc.

What do you think, will it take long to have a good RPG on Kindle?

Posted on Nov 17, 2010 3:41:14 PM PST
thewindwaker says:
...Kindle can play games?

Posted on Nov 17, 2010 4:41:28 PM PST
Regulas says:
NO

Posted on Nov 18, 2010 5:43:30 AM PST
Nicolás says:
Of course it can, well just as any RPG book!!!!! My god there are books like the ones that White Wolf plublisher, TSR and a lot more!!!!

Posted on Nov 18, 2010 10:21:00 AM PST
Give me links I want to see these Kindle RPGs. (And possibly check them out on mine :P)

Posted on Nov 18, 2010 11:26:52 AM PST
Nicolás says:
This one is terrible!!! I didn't even finish reading the sample...
InSaNiTy: The Role-Playing Game

This one is like a copy paste on D&D, is good, but if is going to be same as the TSR games, well give me the originals on Kindle!!!!
Battle for Ruin Mist Core Roleplaying Game Rules

Finally Colonial Gothic is the best of those two books, but I don´t think is as good as the, lets say the "classics":
Colonial Gothic: Rulebook

Darkwind, take a look and tell me what you think.

Posted on Nov 18, 2010 12:15:53 PM PST
M. Nelson says:
Any rpg you have a pdf of can be on a kindle. So the best link I can think of off the top of my head is drivethroughrpg.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2010 12:32:27 PM PST
Nicolás says:
Ok, Nelson thanks for the link, but to have a pdf on your Kindle makes you loose all the Mobi benefits. There got be someone or some publisher that has a good RPG ready to be published on Kindle!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2010 11:29:04 AM PST
Sparhawk says:
What are these Mobi benefits?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2010 7:33:11 PM PST
Thomas Foil says:
yes. search amazon for "kindle games".
i've been playing scrabble and some word search game on mine. several games are free. check em out.

Posted on Dec 4, 2010 12:49:29 AM PST
Jason Collum says:
I just found this

Modern20

Posted on Dec 9, 2010 5:55:33 AM PST
Nicolás says:
Wow, the famous Modern D20!!!! Thank you Jason. I hope sooner than later more RPG books are going to be released on Kindle.

Posted on Jan 17, 2011 6:42:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2011 6:44:49 AM PST
I guess there is also Ephemeris. I haven't tried it though.
Ephemeris: A Science Fiction RPG
and
Thousand Suns

Posted on Mar 19, 2011 3:29:46 PM PDT
You forgot The Warlock of Firetop Mountain

Remake of one of the best choose your own adventure rpgs that ever came out way back when. Loved that book. Might get it on the kindle but maybe not if it follows the original closely since I probably remember most of the map, lol.

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 11:08:22 AM PDT
C. Novy says:
There is also this: Wild Talents Essential Edition

I have heard some good things about this game design; you can read the description, but so far looks interesting.

Posted on Apr 24, 2011 11:10:11 PM PDT
Can I plug my game DCS? I'm selling the Core Rules for just under a dollar. These are the basic rules, you can find them at: DCS Almost Free Rules (DCS Roleplaying Rules)

Best

David

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2011 12:47:21 AM PDT
Gavin Sterma says:
By the end of the year you should be seeing something coming from me.

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 6:42:18 AM PDT
Nicolás says:
Ok Gavin, and the game is about what? please don´t tell me is Davici Code Based!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2011 9:50:17 AM PDT
Sparhawk says:
I see a man and an eagle on the cover of DCS Roleplaying Rules, but almost no information.

Posted on Aug 18, 2011 5:09:24 PM PDT
If you guys are interested in solo-gaming that's reminiscent of Lone Wolf and Fighting Fantasy but with a space age twist, you should check out the first Heavy Metal Thunder book: Heavy Metal Thunder

Posted on Aug 24, 2011 7:55:35 PM PDT
Nobilis, a roleplaying game where you play the small god of a platonic concept (like Eternity, Guns, Love or Cheese) in defense of reality is available on Kindle right here on Amazon Nobilis: the Essentials, Volume 1: Field Guide to the Powers and the edition is quite usable.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 24, 2011 8:03:57 PM PDT
Troll Lord Games just released the Castles & Crusades Players Handbook on the Kindle. The adventure module A1 Assault on Blacktooth Ridge will go up in the next few days and Monsters & Treasure sometime next week. You can get the PH (all you need to get started in Castles & Crusades) here: Castles & Crusades Players Handbook, 4th Printing (Castles & Crusades Role Playing Game)

TLG

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2012 8:05:02 PM PDT
Sudeley says:
I know nothing about the kindle but from what i can assume is its not a android compatible? might do multi media and books mostly. I do not know about app compatibility.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  RPG forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions