Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > RPG forum

Funny RPG's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 6, 2012 2:22:16 PM PST
Looking for rec's for funny RPG's that would appeal to tweens like Kingdom hearts, Zelda & Tales of Vesperia. As much as I love the FF franchise, my 11 year old doesn't care for FF. Any recs for any game system would be appreciated!

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 5:01:18 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 16, 2012 12:28:02 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 5:07:39 PM PST
Anthony says:
yeah, as in the characters can marry people of either sex, have sex, even though it is not graphic, and you have to buy condoms to use when you do have sex or else your character can get an std, or in the case of your spouse, a child. not sure if you would want an 11 year old playing fable or not.

to be honest, i can't really think of any rpgs that fit your requests, especially with the no ff part. which means no games similar to them either

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 10:12:05 AM PST
Billy Stagg says:
if you can somehow get your kid Earthbound for the SNES, that game is hillarious.

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 11:13:27 AM PST
W. Long says:
IMHO we have to go oldschool for some good, funny RPGs.

Albert Oddysey - Sega Saturn (im really hoping this one gets ported over to a more current system)
Lunar Silver Star Story and Lunar Eternal Blue - Either the original Sega CD versions or the PS1 remakes
Guardians Crusade - PS1
Popful mail - Sega CD

Or have you tried Blue Dragon for Xbox 360?

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 11:22:56 AM PST
W. Long says:
Another game I can recommend would be Azure Dreams for PS1. I think it has a few things that would appeal to a 11 year old, including a monster collecting element kinda like pokemon. The battle system is pretty straight forward. You climb through a tower, but it resets every time you re-enter it, as does your level and attributes. The only thing that isn't affected is the levels and attributes of any monsters you take with you. It is really a quite in-depth game. It took more over 100 hours to play through.

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 11:34:29 AM PST
Has he tried any Dragon Quest? Costume Quest is a good dl option too, though it's quite short.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 11:38:41 AM PST
W. Long says:
Costume Quest would definately be appropriate for an 11 year old.

But I would question the dragon quest series. I know people in their 30s who can't even sit through them to finish them. They are usually pretty long an drawn out. if the kid enjoys level grinding for hours and hours on end then he might enjoy them though

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 11:47:51 AM PST
Yeah, I love them, and my stepdaughter enjoyed them when she was pretty young, but the DQ series isn't for everyone. I think that Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime and DQ Monsters Joker (for the DS) might be a good place to start in terms of getting an 11yo boy into the series though.

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 11:52:45 AM PST
W. Long says:
Rocket Slime and Joker definately, but I think the pacing of the main series is definately more adult.

I remember Dragon Quest 1, when it came out on NES and originally it was called Dragon Warrior for its american release. Definately a classic. Nothing like leveling up and beating the green dragon and saving the princess for the first time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2012 12:42:19 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 16, 2012 12:28:14 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2012 2:26:43 PM PST
Diablo says:
If you have a Gamecube or Wii, try Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. The dialogue is hilarious and it's a pretty challenging RPG as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2012 5:06:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2012 5:07:31 PM PST
There's also the Square-developed Super Mario RPG on Wii Virtual Console. Chrono Trigger (DS) is also generally light-hearted. To exhaust the Mario RPGs, you've got the N64 one on VC I think, as well as the Mario & Luigi series on GBA and DS. Super Paper Mario on Wii may be more to Tanya's kids' liking since it's an action RPG.

Actually, if what your kids really want is just an action adventure with a long story, look into the Ratchet & Clank Future series on PS3.

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 3:45:49 PM PST
"Chrono Trigger (DS) is also generally light-hearted."

And it's freaking excellent. I'd heartily recommend Chrono Trigger for his age. Minimal grinding, lots of fun characters, and an excellent message of friendship and responsibility. If you haven't played it yet, buy two copies :P

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2012 7:24:05 PM PST
W. Long says:
Minimal grinding until you want the better endings lol

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2012 8:13:59 PM PST
Chrono Trigger is one of my all time favorite rpg's I don't know why I didn't think of it.
lol W. Long

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2012 8:40:56 PM PST
J. Graves says:
I second paper mario TTYD its still my favorite turn based RPG

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 9:22:44 AM PDT
Edward Swing says:
How about Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank? Or any of the various LEGO games?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2012 10:12:10 AM PDT
None of those are RPGs, though they are good games for kids. :)

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 11:55:27 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 4, 2012 11:57:13 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Tales of Graces F was just released, I personally thought it was the most lol worthy of the tales games yet, since you enjoyed Tales of Vesperia.

"Pascal, what's an airhead?"
"It's someone who is so smart, they can control the air with their MIND"
"wow, you're amazing."

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 12:37:22 PM PDT
Jazmin Ospa says:
What about Magical StarSign (DS)? Some of the dialogue is kinda funny-especially the bunny character and combat can be challenging at times..

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2012 3:28:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 5, 2012 3:29:33 PM PDT
Tina Tipton says:
If you have an Xbox (not 360), The Hobbit would be perfect. No bad language and it's actually challenging in many parts, yet not impossible.

Warning, the end is abrupt, but even that doesn't stop this from being in my top 10 games of all time.

The other Xbox game I can wholeheartedly recommend is Pirates: The Legend of Black Kat. Sure, she's buxom (she's not bad, she's just drawn with large lungs). There is no foul language and no sexual insinuations. And I LOVE how the controller vibrates as you get close to buried treasure.

Both are kid friendly and fun.

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 1:58:27 PM PDT
Paul says:
On the xbox live indie game channel, these downloadable old-school RPGs are funny (and only $1 each!).

Breath of Death VII
Cthulhu Saves the World

Posted on Apr 9, 2012 7:01:32 PM PDT
the dark spire

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 12:09:53 AM PDT
For PC I would say Cthulu Saves The World. It's available on Steam, and you can get Cthulu and Breath of Death VII as a bundle for really cheap.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the RPG forum (120 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  RPG forum
Participants:  18
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Jan 6, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions