Customer Discussions > RPG forum

The hardest boss that you ever played against in any game genre.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 137 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 29, 2011 2:25:27 PM PST
Elliot says:
I have played many games in my life. I have been gaming since I was like 8 years old. My first RPG was ffx, and of course ended up getting the international version to face Dark Aeons and Penance. Those were difficult enemies, and of course ruby and emerald weapon from ffvii were tough too. My hardest boss that I have played against would have to be Father Rodin from Bayonetta. He was an optional boss that took me forever to beat lol. I would give second place to Omega Mark XII in ff xii. I got killed by that thing many times since I wasn't leveled up properly haha. Tell me who was your hardest boss that you played against and the game that it's on, so that I can give that game a try.

Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2011 8:38:43 AM PST
EliteLamo says:
For me and dont laugh, it was The Final Boss in Doom 3, it took me WEEKS lmao

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 11:13:43 AM PST
Technosapien says:
Lucifer in Nocturne

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 8:11:06 PM PST
Wes Herbst says:
Yup. He was pretty damn hard. I am going to go with The Demi Fiend from Digital Devil Saga.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012 8:13:36 PM PST
R. Wilde says:
The Greek god Ares in a D&D/AD&D hybrid I played in in the early 80s.

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 10:36:31 PM PST
Diablo in Diablo 2 mainly cause your alone.

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 10:43:44 PM PST
John Lemon says:
The hardest boss was that guy in mega man that broken up to small pieces, and went across the screen. If you did the fight without cheating it was insanely hard. And to make it worse, there was no saving back then. You would have to play the whole game over again.

People found a cheat to make it easy by pausing the game then it was insanely easy.

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 3:31:09 PM PST
Luffy says:
emerald weapon in ff7, because I had to rely on a guide (which I hated myself for) to be able to beat that thing after trying so many different combinations. It was counter intuitive, the more materia you equip, the higher damage you get from one of it's attacks. You tend to try equipping more instead of stripping down if you face a strong opponents. I'd say whoever came up with that idea was smart and whoever beat it without any outside help is a genius (if it wasn't accidental).

Posted on Jan 4, 2012 1:07:33 PM PST
P. Wood says:
Ozma in Final Fantasy IX. Or Saga Frontier, when playing as Blue you have to fight Hells Lord.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2012 6:38:51 PM PST
Elliot says:
Yeah I had to cheat as well to beat this guy too. FF7 was a great game. I am replaying it now lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2012 6:39:38 PM PST
Elliot says:
I guess I will put this on my list to play. Thanks.

Posted on Jan 5, 2012 1:10:59 AM PST
MJ Holmes says:
Ix in Omikron: The Nomad Soul. The SOB had a single point in the middle of his back between the shoulders that is his only weak spot. As he's damaged, he get's faster so you have to run backwards between his legs faster until you're lucky enough to hit him enough times.

-MJ Holmes-
§

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 11:09:46 AM PST
Zeromus from FFIV. That guy was the STRAIGHT UP hardest last boss. His Black Hole and Dark Matter attacks were deadly, not to mention that you needed to be above level 65 (70 in the regular version) to even have a chance. Many of the bosses on here are "optional," and I must say that many of the final bosses in said games (FFVII, FFIX) were pretty easy in comparison. I mean, Sephiroth was a complete bada$$ throughout the entire game, until you pwn him in the final incarnation. Seriously? That's the best you can do? C'mon Square! Give us a remake with a PROPER last boss!

Posted on Jan 6, 2012 12:44:53 PM PST
Jinx --- Super Mario RPG for super nintendo

They need to make another super mario rpg, not paper mario. I loved mario rpg when I was a kid. My favorite Mario game of all time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2012 11:45:28 AM PST
W. Long says:
I have played through Final Fantasy 7 over 10 times, and I have done just about everything except for beating Emerald and Ruby weapon, so yeah those 2 bosses are some of the hardest. Ever.

Emerald's attack is called Aire Tam Tsom. Reverse the letters and you get Most Materia, which is why he whups you badly when you have a lot of materia equipped.

The best item to have is probably the Final Attack materia, which you get from winning in the chocobo races.

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 10:01:41 AM PST
My actual boss - Game: Life

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 9:50:55 PM PST
Victory Milk says:
It's actually a mini-boss I think but the Griffon in Legendary for PS3. I found a glitched corner accidentally that made the Griffon miss most of it's attacks, most - not all.

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 10:14:15 PM PST
GyozaSauce says:
Pandora from Persona 1. Just making your way there was hell and you arrive already bruised and battered.

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 10:20:32 AM PST
Hmmm....this is a very good question. I'm trying to think of a boss that I didn't just power level around. Ok this is going to sound really stupid, but the last boss of Sly Cooper 3 was enormously hard for me. I later found that you could dodge his flame attack by merely going to the outside of the arena. That was like five years later, though :P Not even Demon's Souls/Dark Souls gave me as much trouble as that damned monkey scientist!

Posted on Jan 15, 2012 12:31:26 PM PST
Ninja Gaiden, for xbox.
The purple girl in the church.
IMPOSSIBLE.

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 7:05:00 AM PST
W. Long says:
Other hard bosses could be...

Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts
Pretty much every boss in the Viewtiful Joe series
The final boss of Legend of Dragoon
any boss in Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 7:32:31 AM PST
Zee Bretz says:
One of the Onimusha games, the boss was this humongous dragon thing. I had an awesome sword but the dragon was more awesome. Never could beat it.

The boss in Sonic 2.

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 7:57:37 AM PST
Nick Jones says:
Two bosses that I couldn't kill following game guides:

Tomb Raider - the thing on the round platform. Game guide said to keep circling the thing and shooting, but he kept getting me or I'd fall off the platform to my doom. Solution: shoot from the edge of the platform until it was close enough to grab me, then step back and grab the edge until it moved away, then climb and repeat.

TR II - the dragon at the end. Game guide said to jump in the water, get out somewhere else, shoot, jump in the water - but the dragon was always there to fry me. Solution: to the left as you enter there's a corner in the wall just before the pools; go there, keep close to the wall. The dragon will be stuck at the wall trying to get you. Open up on him with your Uzis (it helps to have maxed ammo). He falls on his right side; grab the dagger and get out of the crumbling temple. Note: you can also do this from the right corner, but since the dragon will revive if you don't pull the dagger out in a certain amount of time, and you have to go around to reach it, it's very difficult.

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 1:36:35 PM PST
Mrs. Jones says:
I would have to say the final boss in Persona 3 was my most difficult. I still have nightmares about that battle. LOL

Posted on Jan 16, 2012 3:41:57 PM PST
Nyx from Persona 3 :P Awesome boss. Awesome music. Sadly that was one of the RPG bosses that I power leveled myself to victory on. My main character's personas were quite ridiculous at the time.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the RPG forum (120 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  RPG forum
Participants:  110
Total posts:  137
Initial post:  Dec 29, 2011
Latest post:  May 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions