Customer Discussions > Running forum

interval timer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 8, 2009 3:16:33 PM PST
I am looking for a timer or a watch that I can set on a continuing alarm (at intervals like 2-5 minutes) so I can run intervals without having to remember when I started them. First, does any one know of a timer or a watch with this feature, and if so, a good one under $100?
Your reply to Kathryn R. Weber's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on Feb 8, 2009 8:42:31 PM PST
Bowei Du says:
I've been looking for the same thing myself. It seems like the Timex Ironman series watches (the better ones) have an interval timer feature:

Timex Men's T5H591 Ironman Traditional 30-Lap Black/Blue Resin Strap Watch

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2009 11:51:51 AM PST
S. Hohbein says:
I've used a Timex Sleek for all of my interval workouts. You can program 9 seperate interval times into the watch and I've never had a problem with the watch at all. I'm a firefighter and the watch follows me into fires (under protective gear) and to some strange medical calls and it's taken the beating I've given it. This one:

Timex 150-Lap Ironman Sleek - Fullsize-BLK/YLW

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2009 12:34:28 PM PST
Check out the Gymboss! It's a must if your doing any sort of timed interval.

Laura

Posted on Feb 22, 2009 10:28:09 AM PST
Have really enjoyed my HighGear Enduro watch, easy to use and nice big number display. Latest model is here:

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___85332?CS_003=2477120&CS_010=85332

Had a Timex Ironman but hated the cluttered look and counter-intuitive interface.

Posted on Feb 26, 2009 8:21:53 PM PST
PS. For a really cheap solution, try the $13 Everlast boxing timer, it clips onto your shorts and can do intervals of 2 or 3 minutes, with 1 minute rests. Amazon carrries it, do a search. I think there are a lot of shill reviews against it, because it's always worked flawlessly for me.

Posted on Aug 8, 2009 7:14:28 AM PDT
I have been walking 40-50 minutes, 4-5 days a week. I'm 58 and female, and historically non-athletic. I would like to get faster. I have been wondering if instead of an interval watch, I could just count streetlights.

1-5 walk then run to the next streetlight and repeat.
Then the following week 1-4 walk and run to the next street light and repeat.
The third week 1-4 walk, then run to the second street light and so on.

Do you think it would work?

Posted on Sep 8, 2012 12:11:36 PM PDT
jimraven says:
I have a Gymboss, or should say, had. It certainly has a lot of useful features but it was poorly made. My plastic screen cover popped off and a few months after that, it just stopped working. I'd skip the Gymboss.

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 5:05:18 AM PDT
Gymboss is not a watch. It is also too bulky and the screen to hard to read.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Running forum (39 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Running forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Feb 8, 2009
Latest post:  Oct 1, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions