Customer Discussions > Running forum

Barefoot Running

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-33 of 33 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2012 8:24:54 PM PST
let me ask you this . . . have you ever stubbed your toe on the floor. it hurts like hell. theres no way i would run barefoot.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2012 8:52:18 PM PST
D. Duarte says:
how do you stub your toe "ON" the floor?

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 8:12:29 AM PST
I run what I would call "semi-barefoot" in my Vibram Five Fingers shoes. They're basically a glove for your feet (yes, with 5 separate little toes) that has a thin rubber sole on the bottom. I started out running in shoes, but once I switched to my vibrams I could run at a faster pace for longer time with less stress on my body - knees, ankles, and even my back felt better. As a side benefit, my leg muscles look great!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 2, 2012 7:55:18 PM PST
That's a good question. I was just walking fast toward the door and I guess my foot dragged a little on the carpet and rolled. I know it's weird, but it happened.

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 7:56:54 PM PST
I hit my big toe hard. For several months after that I felt like my toe needed to be popped (like your knuckles feel like they need to be popped sometimes). I thought I had really screwed it up, but it finally got better.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 5:09:13 PM PST
After reading "Born to Run" and suffering knee pain, I hit on running and walking in Keens> I am a pokey runner. But this took care of most problems. I am going back to my cowboy boots with cushioned soles and my Keens.

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 9:39:21 AM PST
pen says:
What I love about Born to Run is there is only one guy in the whole book who runs barefoot --- he is universally disliked as a loudmouth-- he wrecks his feet in the end. The secret tribe of runners wears sandals!!!!!! -- The approach of this book makes sense, find good mechanics and wear sensible running shoes for safety. Humans have the biggest brains and the softest feet ---- that means "make shoes". Compared to humans, most running animals have much tougher feet (pads or hooves) and divide their weight better (4 feet)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 1:54:15 PM PST
D. Duarte says:
Yamo have to read that book now (been sitting on my shelf for a year). I believe in forefoot striking but agree that it's best to put something on your feet outdoors. I barefoot run on my treadmill, that has a slightly cushioned running board.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Running forum (39 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Running forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  33
Initial post:  Jul 19, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions