Customer Discussions > Science Fiction forum

John Scalzi's New Serial Novel: The Human Division

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 9, 2013 6:11:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 6:13:48 AM PST
I received an advance copy of Episode One from the publisher yesterday and read it immediately. Amazon won't allow me to post a review because it hasn't been released yet, but it's great, classic light-hearted sci-fi, reminiscent some of the stories of Keith Laumer, H. Beam Piper, Robert A. Heinlein and James H. Schmitz.

Fans of Scalzi's Old Man's War series and of classic 50's style sci-fi serial novels won't want to miss it. It begins where the events in the third book in the series end and although it can be read as a stand alone, I highly recommend that readers pick up the entire Old Man's War series.

Here's the info from the product page: "The opening episode of The Human Division, John Scalzi's new thirteen-episode novel in the world of his bestselling Old Man's War. Beginning on January 15, 2013, a new episode of The Human Division will appear in e-book form every Tuesday."

There are 13 episodes, priced at .99 each. Here's the link: The Human Division #1: The B-Team

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 7:46:33 AM PST
K. Rowley says:
"There are 13 episodes, priced at .99 each."

I've got those pre-ordered...

Posted on Jan 9, 2013 3:10:31 PM PST
I don't know if the promotion is still available but I got free early access to the first episode through this promotion: http://us.macmillan.com/static/tor/exacttarget/johnscalzi.html

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 10:38:26 AM PST
K. Rowley says:
The first episode is out - The Human Division #1: The B-Team

Reading it now...

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 10:42:41 AM PST
Rev. Otter says:
Scalzi's been a little hit and miss for me (mostly hit, though) so thanks for the recommendation! :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science Fiction forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jan 9, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions