Customer Discussions > Science Fiction forum

Pale Boundaries--Even Ronald Craig says it's "not bad..."

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 20, 2012 10:30:14 PM PST
Ronald Craig says:
Mmmm... necromancy. :)

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 8:12:16 PM PST
Oh, there's nothing stealth about it! That's why I didn't expect to find it still here.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:53:16 PM PST
Old Rocker says:
Dude, this is like stealth promo. Not cool.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:42:08 PM PST
Hey, Ronald! Remember this one? (Heh heh)

I figured if you're going to revive threads from the pits of Hell I'd hop on that bandwagon with you. Actually, I was kind of surprised that his one hadn't transferred over to the MOAF ghetto.

I'm betting it will soon...

Posted on May 7, 2011 7:48:34 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Dec 20, 2012 6:37:38 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2011 8:15:56 PM PDT
Ronald Craig says:
Whew! :)

Posted on Apr 10, 2011 8:12:48 PM PDT
Good news!!!

There IS hope for the future of our species--Ronald (and his now-likely nonexistent followers) is NOT the source of my book's brief rise to the top last week!

By happy coincidence it happened to be featured in the "Bargain Bin" at www.pixelofink.com at about the same time.

Breath easy, Ronald, all is right with the world once more. :o)

Posted on Apr 9, 2011 6:49:59 AM PDT
A perfect set up for my books. Fear of the future is best countered by optimistic, post-dystopian, almost YA, speculative fiction stories.

But since this thread is really all about Scott and Pale Boundaries I'll mention a phrase. This from a reader's review on Amazon; (Scott's characterizations) "bring about a sense of reality and crunchiness." Crunchy characters are almost always better than bad.

After I finish my physical stack of TBR, and get a Kindle, I'll probably get and read Pale Boundaries. At the least I'll download the sample too.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2011 12:51:08 AM PDT
Ronald Craig says:
Wow... that's a really depressing thought.

Makes me fearful for the future of the species.

Posted on Apr 6, 2011 7:24:09 AM PDT
Sorry, Ronald, but you have followers, even if they're afraid to admit it--there's no other explanation.

It's a powerful gift, sir. *TRY* to use it only for good. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2011 12:41:36 AM PDT
Ronald Craig says:
LOL.

Yeah, right. I'm finding this all very amusing, but know a special someone who probably isn't.

(But who cares?! LOL)

Posted on Apr 5, 2011 7:41:39 PM PDT
@ Charles and Ronald:

Gentlemen, your bickering is moving attention away from the focus of this self-serving thread, namely: ME!!

;)

@ Allan:

Here's to hoping! Ronald's stated opinion of Pale Boundaries' sample (less-than-terrible) launched it into the top 100 of three science fiction subcategories for two days. LOL Obviously the man has influence...

Posted on Apr 5, 2011 6:03:43 PM PDT
I'm waiting with bait smelling breath to see if Hacker School qualifies for the coveted "wasn't bad."

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2011 3:02:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 5, 2011 3:04:01 PM PDT
Ronald Craig says:
I wish Charles D. Hartik (you dropped the "Mr"?), who apparently fancies himself a writer, could write a good scifi novel himself. :)

(You should take a look at Scott's book, Charles. You might learn something.)

Edit: Ah, I see you edited out the "who supposedly has an MA" bit. Get tired of that line of attack already?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2011 2:47:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 5, 2011 3:00:26 PM PDT
I wish Ronald Craig will lead by example and write a SciFi novel. I'm sure he as one in him and that it would be interesting, to say the least.

Posted on Apr 4, 2011 8:37:32 PM PDT
LOL I'll try not to let it go to my head ;o)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 4, 2011 7:54:29 PM PDT
Yea man. Read the excerpt, liked it. Mr. Craig DOES do some good around here.

Lo, Commander Keen!
Protect us from Vorticons,
And the Indie scrolls.

Not all Indies are so bad. I guess you've just gotta waft through some of the chaff to separate the wheat (thank you Matthew). One day, I'm sure, I'll be producing my own sci-fi story for self-publication... but that's only if I run out of novels to read. Just can't stop reading! I've got enough novels to last me for another full year (70+ books). There after, I might be flaming myself!

;) More haiku, anyone?

Posted on Apr 4, 2011 7:47:56 PM PDT
Ronald Craig says:
You really went ahead and did it?! LOL.

Scott, sorry I haven't got back to the other thread yet with my comments on the sample of your book.

Like I indicated before, based on the sample alone (about 28 pages?), I don't think it's among the books I myself would immediately choose to read, but I can easily imagine that a lot of people would enjoy it. :)

Posted on Apr 4, 2011 7:21:25 PM PDT
@ M2D

(Jaw hanging open in mute, drooling amazement...)

Thanks, but...you DO realize I'm one'o them "Indies" right?

Posted on Apr 4, 2011 7:17:24 PM PDT
I also approve of this thread. Good work there Mr. Cleveland :) Best of luck.

Posted on Apr 4, 2011 7:13:55 PM PDT
Okay, okay, he said it "wasn't bad..."

Same thing, ain't it?

Initial post: Apr 4, 2011 7:10:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 6:36:17 PM PST
He did--really! See?

http://www.amazon.com/tag/science%20fiction/forum/ref=cm_cd_pg_newest?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxWK0QNW07Z4M7&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx13TDK78S1ZKWQ
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science Fiction forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Apr 4, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions