Customer Discussions > Science Fiction forum

The Real Upcoming Space Wars?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 951-975 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 11:02:35 AM PST
Gaffrey -

Thanks for the link to the Examiner article. At least it confirms the existence of our Naval Spacefleet, that mainly protects the ISS. So they obviously have meteor/space debris deflection tactics and weapons.

As I posted in the Aliens forum, the Russian and Cuban meteors exploded above ground in the same time frame, when the 11 hour time difference between the two sites is taken into account. And NASA and others did an about-face, claiming the fly-by asteroid was DA12 one day - then DA14 the next.

So I'm still leaning toward the explanation that DA12 was a meteor on a direct collision course with Earth, that our Spacefleet broke up into large chunks that came down over Russia and Cuba about the same time.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 11:41:37 AM PST
Mark Twain says:
Michael Salla is a greek-australian living residing well in US Hawaii btw and have no such alegiance.

I as others monitor their work for disinfo that is all must say though as he is in cohoots with South Africa-Hong Kong Exopolitics Neil Gould beware. Seems they are a ufo cult not kidding if you need video will provide link.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2013 7:29:36 PM PST
Ronald Craig says:
LOL.

Kooky.

Go post some of that drivel over in the Science forum, how about?

The resulting reaming will be nothing short of EPIC. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 5:31:38 PM PST
By no stretch does this imply a space fleet. President Reagan was talking about the civilian NASA shuttles plus the 3 (3-5 depending on timeframe) Talon Gold shuttles of the military. Each could shuttle could hold around 44 people in the cargo bay when fitted with jump seats. Thus a set of 7 shuttles could orbit 300 people. These shuttles have been grounded/decommissioned. There are still a few exo-atmospheric vehicles, but nothing to comprise a "fleet".

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 5:58:19 PM PST
Ronald Craig says:
Obviously it was the Thunderbirds.

Or maybe the Angry Birds?

I don't know... but it was a great show!

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 8:38:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 2:21:04 PM PST
"By no stretch does this imply a space fleet."

http://mensamax.wordpress.com/2010/10/18/gary-mckinnon-hacks-pentagon-discovers-off-planet-military-space-command-with-officers-ships/
PENTAGON HACKER GARY MC KINNON
This off-&-on hacker in Britain was looking thru Pentagon files for information on UFOs. What he found was a list of "Non-Terrestrial Officers."

Britain refused to extradite him to the U.S., and later dropped all British charges against him for hacking into the Pentagon.

http://www.afspc.af.mil/
U.S. AIR FORCE SPACE COMMAND

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 9:00:14 AM PST
M. Helsdon says:
"This on-&-on hacker in Britain was looking thru Pentagon files for information on UFOs. What he found was a list of "Non-Terrestrial Officers.""

You obviously didn't read as far as: 'Given that the justice department has announced that the information Gary downloaded was not "classified", and he was stoned much of the time, perhaps we can assume that Nasa is not too worried about his "discoveries".'

And it wasn't his first interview - when interviewed on British television, he admitted he'd only found one thing that was 'suspicious' - a photograph showing a shadow, but not what was casting the shadow, which he took as evidence of a UFO, but in reality was simply cast by something out of the frame.

And for a more complete version of his interview:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguardian/2005/jul/09/weekend7.weekend2

"I found a list of officers' names," he claims, "under the heading 'Non-Terrestrial Officers'."

"Non-Terrestrial Officers?" I say.

"Yeah, I looked it up," says Gary, "and it's nowhere. It doesn't mean little green men. What I think it means is not earth-based. I found a list of 'fleet-to-fleet transfers', and a list of ship names. I looked them up. They weren't US navy ships. What I saw made me believe they have some kind of spaceship, off-planet."

"The Americans have a secret spaceship?" I ask.

"That's what this trickle of evidence has led me to believe."

"Some kind of other Mir that nobody knows about?"

"I guess so," says Gary.

"What were the ship names?"

"I can't remember," says Gary. "I was smoking a lot of dope at the time. Not good for the intellect."
---------
So the claim is based on the suspect memory of someone smoking generous quantities of dope...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 5:12:21 PM PST
Ronald Craig says:
Dope from a dope for dopes?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 6:43:34 AM PST
There were plans to build passenger cabins for the shuttle fleet (just as there were plans for a much larger shuttle fleet), but these were never built and after Challenger blew up any idea of large scale passenger flights into space for any purpose using the shuttle were quickly forgotten.
Venturestar could have revived those, but that one (like all attempts to create a SSTS or indeed any viable shuttle replacement/competitor) was very deftly destroyed by the NASA and Washington bureaucracies that rightly saw them as endangering their power and position (a lot of which had come to depend on the massive funding and manpower needed to keep the shuttles going).

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 1:28:08 PM PST
J.T. Wenting -

Bush Jr. and NASA totally dropped the ball on finding a shuttle replacement, even tho' there was nearly a decade lead-time from when the shuttle was scheduled to be retired. And it's hard to see any "savings" as we pay the Russians $60 million per seat to take our astronauts to and from the ISS.

On the other hand, some people assert that we already have a secret military space fleet, totally separate from NASA:

http://www.drboylan.com/usspacefleet.html

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 2:11:55 PM PST
M. Helsdon says:
"On the other hand, some people assert that we already have a secret military space fleet, totally separate from NASA"

And looking a little more closely at the cited site.... 'It contains reports, articles, and other information on the Star Visitors, on their starcraft (UFOs), and on the advanced-Human Star Kids and Star Seed Adults so numerous now in our population.'
http://www.drboylan.com/

So basically a flying saucer believer site; not exactly a valid source.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 6:25:06 PM PST
Ronald Craig says:
"On the other hand, some people assert" blah blah blah.

And many of those people are safely locked away for their own and others' protection.

When's the last time they let you out and about?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 8:15:09 PM PST
I have spent the last couple of days trying to research some radar sites like Pave Paws in California for the California meteor, the Texas meteor, the Cuban Meteor, trying to sift through what happened. There is a lot of mis-information out there. Based on Cuban news media, the Cuban meteor was over 8 hours after Russia's meteor and was in a different trajectory (east to west). The Russian meteor was shallower, 20 degrees and from North East to South West (differrent from the Cuban meteor. The orbits were different classes (orionid vs geminid). As far as the 2012 DA14, I suspect your name change was a typo of someone mixing up the date with the designation. Also, DA14 radar images show the same size/mass of the asteroid before and after passing. If someone had targeted it, the shape and mass would have changed. I also did not find a registry entry for 2012 DA12. I did find some interesting reading on the history of February Fireballs.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 11:57:33 PM PST
Ronald Craig says:
"If someone had targeted it, the shape and mass would have changed."

That, along with the different trajectories, is what usually gets pooh-poohed away as "unimportant details" by the OP. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 12:02:20 AM PST
Marylin, I don't care who sabotaged the shuttle replacement programS over the decades (it played out over several presidencies from Carter to Obama), just that it happened and why.
$60M a seat to the ISS is a steal compared to the cost of launching a shuttle, so they're saving money.
Which is ironic as the shuttle was intended to make manned spaceflight cheaper than a single use rocket, but that aside...

Fact is, a lot of people in NASA actively worked for decades to secure their positions by destroying any chance of replacing the shuttle with a more cost effective platform that would require fewer people to operate, would have shorter launch preparation sequences, and require lower budgets.
This started even during the design of the shuttle system (though there it was driven at least in part by political forces that pushed to spread the work over as many congresscritters' constituencies as possible in order to get votes) and never stopped until the day Washington pulled the plug out of the finances for the manned space program.

End effect is that the US is now back in the 1950s as far as access to space is concerned, except that there are now private enterprises working hard to recover the lost ground despite active opposition from NASA, FAA, state governments, and environmentalist groups with a lot of clout in DC.
There's of course Scaled Composites and Virgin Galactic getting close to suborbital flights with a fully reusable craft (and seem to have plans for future orbital craft), there's SpaceX who plan to launch a partially reusable manned capsule into orbit in the near future, and several others. But they're all meeting bureaucratic stonewalling when they want certification and permits.

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 6:30:23 AM PST
JTW,

Can you quote anything about this stonewalling of private launches? I believe you are totally misinformed on this. NASA is working hard helping these groups out .. and LOTS of gov't funding has gone into this, as well as contracts in place to use private launches for future missions.

There are lots of issues on private launches which HAVE been worked on for many many years to ALLOW this all to happen which includes all the necessary checks. You do realize that SpaceX and others HAVE launched, right? Nothing stopped them.

Certification and permits are needed in the USA for most things, so complaining about that doesn't help.

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 8:45:33 AM PST
BTW...just wanted to add to my comment above.

1) Even carnival rides get permits
2) The private companies did not need to get gov't money and assistance from NASA if they didn't want to. They chose that in order to get money to develope their systems AND to get guaranteed contracts for future launches
3) Some of the certifications are checkpoints the private companies need to pass before they get to the next stage of development and get additional monies
4) The US Gov't is responsible for the private activities in space according to international treaties, so unless you want folks like China getting paranoid and shooting down private initiatives passing over their territory, there needs to be something in place

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 9:09:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 22, 2013 9:11:53 AM PST
From what the public knows (or is allowed to know), NASA is just doing basic space research with unmanned probes and satellites now, and private enterprise has taken over manned spaceflight plans - and even then these "plans" only extend to up-and-down tourism and possibly future asteroid mining.

The companies the government has thrown the most money at - SpaceX and Bigelow - have great PR machines going, but precious little to show after years and all those millions of taxpayer dollars:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-11386_3-57528333-76/spacex-still-determining-cause-of-falcon-9-engine-failure/
(Oct. 2012) SPACEX STILL DETERMINING CAUSE OF FALCON 9 ENGINE FAILURE

http://theintelhub.com/2012/12/06/all-mufon-and-faa-reported-ufo-cases-deferred-to-bigelow-aerospace/
(Dec. 2012) ALL MUFON AND FAA UFO REPORTS DEFERRED TO BIGELOW AEROSPACE

Makes you wonder what the government is "actually" paying them to do ...

The Secret Space Program: Who is Responsible?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 9:33:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 22, 2013 9:40:18 AM PST
http://fireballs-meteorites.blogspot.fr/

FIREBALLS AND METEORITES
Three comets are already set to appear in 2013, which is a greater frequency than in most years. And now the "loud booms" being heard all over the world since last year, are being attributed to unseen, exploding meteors overhead.

And remember that 2009 law making incoming space rocks now secret?

http://www.space.com/6829-military-hush-incoming-space-rocks-classified.html
MILITARY HUSH-UP: INCOMING SPACE ROCKS CLASSIFIED

http://www.sott.net/article/252515-Meteorite-Impacts-Earth-in-Minden-Louisiana-Media-and-Government-Cover-It-Up
(Oct. 2012) METEORITE IMPACTS MINDEN, LOUISIANA - GOVERNMENT AND MEDIA COVER IT UP
On Monday, October 15, 2012, people across Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi reported seeing flashes in the sky and fireball trails. The meteor came down in Louisiana, and its shockwave caused an explosion in an Explo Systems bunker.

http://investmentwatchblog.com/breaking-loud-explosion-in-north-louisiana-ksla-12-heard-over-east-texas-minden-la/
LOUD EXPLOSION IN N. LOUISIANA HEARD OVER EAST TEXAS

Isn't anyone the slightest bit curious why these meteors all explode before impact? Like, I dunno, something is shooting them before impact?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 10:02:48 AM PST
M. Helsdon says:
"Isn't anyone the slightest bit curious why these meteors all explode before impact? Like, I dunno, something is shooting them before impact?"

No one is shooting at them: airburst meteors are exceedingly common, though most are very tiny. It's down to their high velocity and encountering increasing air resistance as they fall through the atmosphere - they get incredibly hot and are subject to a very high drag, meaning that air resistance varies over its surface, and it bursts - fractures when the forces acting on it overcome its material strength. Depending on its size and composition, it may survive several of these bursts, and one or more pieces might survive to hit the surface of the Earth.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 3:38:29 PM PST
"Depending on its size and composition"
Agreed. Laser Spectroscopy was attempted on a few of the fireballs shortly before they blew up and between it and ground found fragments indicates that the meteors were silicate and rock. The metallic meteors are the ones that have the best probability of reaching ground.

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 5:10:10 PM PST
Ronald Craig says:
How many threads in how many forums has she spammed with that "isn't anybody curious" nonsense?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 5:31:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 22, 2013 5:34:51 PM PST
Mark Twain says:
Face it RC, many people are facinated and curious and do not mind Marilyn's posts believe yourself and other's can cherry-pick from any nonsense and give it your best shot with much gusto as per ususal.

We appreciate your postings Marilyn

RC and co are true to form

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 6:36:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 22, 2013 6:49:58 PM PST
Mark Twain says:
Marilyn are you sure isnt time for Rc to have an old fashion spanking? No?? but of course not it is just attention seeking. He is modyfing his behaviour most suspect and unusual must say.

Perhaps he has been spoken with shall we say but not of the old grandma wooden-spoon dicipline haha. Although he does rather like the japanese submission role lol Nihon jinn deska, arigato gasimus Craig-son

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 7:13:42 PM PST
Ronald Craig says:
Smoking the good stuff again, I see. :)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science Fiction forum
Participants:  57
Total posts:  1114
Initial post:  Oct 8, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions