Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Sweepstakes in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL
Customer Discussions > Science Fiction forum

Has anyone read an Eric Brown novel?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 30, 2010 6:05:05 PM PDT
2theD says:
At the book store I've seen the Bengal Station series written by Eric Brown but I've never been motivated to actually buying them. At the used book store I picked up the Eric Brown novel The Fall of Tartarus, which sounded interesting and it had no reviews on Amazon... so I picked it up and I'm very, very impressed!

Has anyone read The Fall of Tartarus or any other Eric Brown novel? I'm thinking of picking up the Bengal series...

Posted on May 31, 2010 3:55:31 AM PDT has a lot of Eric Brown books,

Posted on Oct 2, 2011 7:18:54 AM PDT
2theD says:
Since posting this thread over a year ago and having been very, very impressed with The Fall of Tartarus (Mr. Rogers can concur), I have since read the humanistic/artsy Engineman novel (which wasn't very well received on Amazon, but I liked it a lot) and the apocalyptic novel of Guardians of the Phoenix novel, which I haven't written a review for yet, but it's another great humanistic read with some gritty cannibalistic barbarianism thrown in.

If you haven't discovered Eric Brown yet... THERE are three recommendations for you.

Posted on Oct 6, 2011 1:31:28 PM PDT
Mike 2theD,

It looks like Tartarus is pretty expensive ($30 for a new paperback), but I found this e-book anthology that has an Eric Brown story, and currently it is FREE-->

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 4:56:35 AM PDT
2theD says:
Back in June, Eric Brown published the start of a new series: Weird Space: The Devil's Nebula. It was an OK book, not nearly as good as the novels listed above. I also read Brown's Helix (2007) which had more of a solid science fiction base than his other humanistic novels, much to my dismay.

This month, Eric Brown is publishing a sequel to Helix: Helix Wars. I got my copy last Friday and just started to read it today... it's a slow 67-page start, but there are 471 more pages to go!

Posted on Oct 8, 2012 7:02:35 AM PDT

Posted on Oct 9, 2012 1:07:36 PM PDT
Captain says:
Thanks for the heads-up as always Mike. I've downloaded samples of Engineman and Helix, both start out well.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 6:03:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 6:08:08 AM PST
2theD says:

Eric Brown has two more novels coming out in 2013:
April 30th: The Serene Invasion (a stand-alone novel)
July 30th: Satan's Reach (sequel to The Devil's Nebula)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Science Fiction forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Read fresh new science fiction stories - and help take them to the next level
10 Aug 16, 2015
Important announcement from Amazon
190 Jul 2, 2014
New Star Wars Release: The Jedi Path now available. Read the author's insider notes...
31 Sep 3, 2015
It's November 2015. What sci-fi are you reading? 11 18 hours ago
MARS 11 2 days ago
technology 5 3 days ago
How about LitRPG (MMO-based virtual reality books)? 97 5 days ago
anyone recognize this novel? 7 9 days ago
spaceports 3 11 days ago
Spaceships 37 11 days ago
Does my movie stink?? 2 11 days ago
Ják 5 11 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science Fiction forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  May 30, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions