Customer Discussions > Science Fiction forum

Scam Warning!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 8, 2013 11:38:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 9, 2013 10:56:34 AM PST
http://nextbigfuture.com/2013/01/warning-for-scam-targeting-science.html

SCAM TARGETING SCIENCE FICTION AUTHORS AND FUTURIST SPEAKERS
If you've received an invitation to speak from Bexley College in the UK - it's a scam.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 8:59:03 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
I heard about this yesterday. It's like the new Nigerian Prince.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 9:49:18 PM PST
oh no

what happened to the old prince
he still owes me money he promised to send

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 12:18:29 AM PST
Ronald Craig says:
Did you get one, Marilyn? Or just read about it? :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 9, 2013 6:30:37 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
I remember when I was looking for a roommate in college I would get responses from people trying to move to America. They made me shed tears everytime I read them. haha

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013 3:54:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 13, 2013 3:54:23 PM PST
Thanks for the head's up Marilyn, they apparently scammed some of the more gullible types around here into believing that Obama was replaced by an Indonesian body double! Suckers, eh?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013 10:38:01 PM PST
Ronald Craig says:
Wait... WHERE'S OBAMA?!

(Is he back on Mars again?)

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 9:43:27 AM PST
The last time I checked, speculation and conjecture were allowed by our Constitution.

So the real mystery here is who is paying these cyber-parasites to spam nonsense after everything I write, in any and all forums. 'Cause if you are trying to spook me into stopping my posting - it won't work.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2013 8:24:37 PM PST
Ronald Craig says:
You're barking. Completely. Barking. Mad.

"The last time I checked, speculation and conjecture were allowed by our Constitution."

Seriously? When was the last time you actually "checked" anything in any real fashion, let alone read the Constitution?

"So the real mystery here is who is paying these cyber-parasites to spam nonsense after everything I write"

Woof woof woof. Seriously?

Do you mean that you honestly cannot imagine that someone would so enjoy mocking the ignorance and bigotry and idiotic nonsense you spew daily on this site that THEY WOULD DO IT FOR FREE? Really really really, you can't wrap your head around that one? LOL

"'Cause if you are trying to spook me into stopping my posting - it won't work."

Wouldn't dream of it! You just keep right on going, Marilyn. You GO, girl! :D

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2013 11:57:56 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013 5:03:28 AM PST
Ronald Craig says:
"Just because you're an Obama lover and believe everything the man says like it's the gospel"

Um, dear, it helps your credibility when you actually know something about the person you're replying to. I voted for Obama both times but I don't "love" him (nor have I ever been a lover of his even though I have been to Chicago a couple of times... See, that's another example of the nonsense Marilyn spews daily, that Obama is gay! LOL) and there is very little in any of the gospels that I believe to be factual, so suggesting that I believe something like the gospel is to say that I don't believe in it very much.

Just so you know who you're ranting at. ;)

The freedom of speech should be used responsibly. Marilyn Martin has demonstrated almost daily on this site that she doesn't understand that concept. That and that alone is why I wish she would just STFU.

Know also that while I have reported some of her comments as abusive or inappropriate, I have never actually contacted the Amazon moderators and tried to have her banned from these forums. Not even once.

According to what she has posted here numerous times, that is not a claim she can make with regard to me and others. So who exactly is trying to deprive others of their right to free speech?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013 12:26:57 PM PST
Telling somebody, "I wish you would shut up" isn't the same as saying, "I'm going to use government power to shut you up."

Learn the difference.

Posted on Jan 26, 2013 7:46:49 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 11:00:16 AM PST
Spinoza says:
Marilyn Martin says:

The thing I've noticed about the most vicious trolls, like Ronald Craig, is that they never actually write any books or stories, or even start discussions. So they NEVER put their own efforts out there for public scrutiny, like the rest of us do.

Spinoza says:

So, unlike yourself, a less vicious troll, you find fault with them because they are not willing to go to the extremes you do to make an utter and complete fool of themselves publicly?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2013 2:54:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 26, 2013 2:56:30 PM PST
Ronald Craig says:
"Thanks for your comments, J.T. Wenting and Sailor!"

Um, you do realize that Sailor didn't particularly comment in your favor, but was actually criticizing Wenting's wee rant, yes?

"The thing I've noticed about the most vicious trolls, like Ronald Craig, is that they never actually write any books or stories, or even start discussions."

I've commented previously on this bizarre fixation of yours with starting discussions (To wit: Who cares?); as for the other, how do you know that I don't publish under a pen name? ;)

Edit: Oh, almost forgot: you should be very careful who YOU call a coward, Marilyn, considering how little you've really put out there for judgment. LOL
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science Fiction forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions