Customer Discussions > Science Fiction forum

Random Questions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 287 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 19, 2013 11:49:32 PM PST
Ronald Craig says:
@Old Rocker: I've never wanted to live forever. ;)

@Tom Rogers: My prep extends to what I can chop or dab or squirt into the bowl while I'm waiting for the water to boil and noodles to cook... whatever fits into about 5 to 10 mins. But thanks for the note; I'm always looking for new ideas and recipes. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 11:16:58 PM PST
Tom Rogers says:
Hey Ronald, I don't know how much work you[re putting into your noodles, but I make a fake Thai sauce that's pretty easy to do--I start with some reed's extra ginger brew and a coconut milk, throw in some cilantro and enough coarse ground almond butter to get a nice thick consistency. Oh yeah turmeric to taste.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:54:07 PM PST
Old Rocker says:
Have you ever looked at the nutrition information on those Maruchan noodles? /shudders

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 5:32:45 PM PST
Ronald Craig says:
I've become quite fond of the Maruchan noodles they sell at Kroger and Walmart. I spruce them up with a bit of this and that and usually end up with something vaguely reminiscent of Thai. :)

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 8:37:08 AM PST
Microwave ovens weren't invented yet when I went to college. To get our cheese fix, we ate Cheese Doodles. You didn't have to worry about the cheese dust getting onto your personal computer keyboard either, as PC's weren't invented yet either. It only made your pencil a little slippery :-)

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 6:15:35 AM PST
K. Rowley says:
There wasn't much in the way of mircowavable mac & cheeese or ramen noodles when I was in college (or at least that I was aware of..).. What we ate (me, and my fellow college students) for cheap was canned spaghetti-o's - now I can't even look at them.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 7:21:35 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
Man, I ate those mac n cheese microwavable products a lot my first year of college. I haven't eaten them since. Too much nasty for me. I just recently started being able to eat ramen noodles. I was kind of forced to eat those though, my roomate was so messy I stayed out of the communal areas as much as possible. I was so glad to get away from him.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 7:11:34 PM PST
R. Wilde says:
"What is an imitation cheese product?"

Something I ate back in college the last few weeks of the semester when food money was just about out.

Ramen noodles, grilled "imitation food slice" sandwiches, and lettuce with generic mayonnaise as dressing. Thank God for the parties where if you stayed to help clean up you could take home some of the leftovers.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 5:12:14 AM PST
W.T. says:
It's really more "Cracker Jack" type mixtures than just plain popcorn.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 3:26:48 AM PST
Ronald Craig says:
(Do they really sell popcorn? Never knew that. LOL)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 10, 2013 7:57:41 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
They already sell popcorn. Man, I remember getting those flyers about becoming a boy scout. It had illustrations of them flying kites, remote control airplanes, roasting marshmellows, kicking out gays(j/k couldn't help myself). Man, I'm glad I didn't fall for that crap.

Posted on Feb 10, 2013 7:21:22 PM PST
If girl scouts can sell cookies, why don't boy scouts sell pemmican/beef jerky?

bump

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2013 8:26:57 PM PST
reply to Zia says:
Does anyone know how to search Amazon for post-apocalyptic/dystopian kindle books? Do you really have to go through all the sci-fi, or is there a way to sort them out? There doesn't seem to be category for them. Also, on the same note, how can I search for books without all the anthologies, seriels & series. I'm spending way too much time looking for books.

try goodreads the filters are not that great but it's a bit better than amazon. it will at least give you some ideas where to start

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2013 7:31:35 AM PST
K. Rowley says:
"Why is Velveeta so danged expensive?"

Buy the store brand instead - which I guess makes it an imitation imitation cheese product...

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 6:58:51 AM PST
Zia says:
Why is Velveeta so danged expensive?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 3, 2013 1:27:35 AM PST
Old Rocker says:
What is an imitation cheese product?

Posted on Feb 3, 2013 12:04:09 AM PST
Why is it called Pork & Beans when all you get is tiny fragment of pork fat? Why is cheesecake called that? Shouldn't it be cheese pie?...(Just bumping...)

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 12:29:15 PM PST
Zia says:
Thanks Old Rocker & Tom. I'll just keep slogging through.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013 12:12:24 PM PST
Tom Rogers says:
Hi Zia, there are a number of threads dedicated to the genre you are interested in, and some have quite a few recommendations. If you look at threads in this forum and in the "Meet Our Authors" forum you will be able to find some new stuff to your taste. You could also start a new thread here, but you won't get many recommendations for the indie books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2013 11:55:48 AM PST
Old Rocker says:
There are no ways to filter for those. Sorry.

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 10:14:48 AM PST
Zia says:
Does anyone know how to search Amazon for post-apocalyptic/dystopian kindle books? Do you really have to go through all the sci-fi, or is there a way to sort them out? There doesn't seem to be category for them. Also, on the same note, how can I search for books without all the anthologies, seriels & series. I'm spending way too much time looking for books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2013 8:36:11 PM PST
yeah

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2013 6:25:07 PM PST
Old Rocker says:
you mean that old m= something something stuff?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2013 5:52:00 PM PST
I'm no Einstein, but.....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 12, 2013 5:17:06 PM PST
Old Rocker says:
mass to energy?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science Fiction forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  287
Initial post:  Aug 29, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions