Customer Discussions > Science Fiction forum

New Science Fiction Series on TV

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 289 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2011 6:13:20 PM PST
EdM says:
Number 8 was played by Grace Park, currently in the CBS remake of "Hawaii Five-0".

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Number_Eight

"There are numerous other copies among the Cylon populace."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2011 6:20:14 PM PST
R. Wilde says:
If you're referring to my post, that would be Grace Park... who played Boomer (as in the ship full of nekkid Boomers).

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 6:26:52 PM PST
getalife says:
gotcha' i never watched the show from start to finish, and forgot that boomer was a woman like starbuck. i didn't know she was on hawaii five-0 either. all i can say is, i wouldn't mind being marooned on an island with her!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 7:59:29 AM PST
Ronald Craig says:
What was the line from South Park last night? "You're watching History Channel, where the Truth is history!"

Say hello to Giorgio's Hair for us! :D

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 1:21:01 PM PST
getalife says:
speaking of hawaii five-0. what's the deal with james caans sons hair? he looks like a freaking rooster with it stuck up like that. you think he does it to make him look taller? you think that hair turns marilyn on? and while we're on the topic of marilyn.....we're waiting.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 6:57:57 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2011 7:45:27 AM PST
Ronald Craig says:
So basically, you're saying that it's OK by you (or is it just *for* you) to make claims in public about things other people have done and then to ignore or laugh off requests for you to substantiate those claims? Correct?

And you're the person who is lecturing atheists about their morality in the Religion forum? Hypocrite.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 1:13:15 PM PST
Sielberg is mostly formula driven these days.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 2:29:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2011 2:33:53 PM PST
All of Hollywood is formula-driven anymore. The difference is that Spielberg's decades of movie-making means that his formulas work.

He seems to be an everywhere-producer these days, like Bruckheimer. Even if Spielberg just attends a few meetings and tweaks a script on a project, it could mean the difference between success and failure.

I seriously doubt a pricey cgi-driven movie like "Jurassic Park 4" would have been green-lighted without Spielberg at the helm.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 2:47:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2011 2:49:45 PM PST
getalife says:
snowcones in hell? translation=marilyn got caught lying! marilyn got caught lying! marilyn got caught lying! marilyn got caught lying!

god doesn't like her! god doesn't like her! god doesn't like her!

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 8:46:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2011 8:47:32 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 1:07:23 PM PST
I'm enjoying "Terra Nova" on Monday nights on Fox, I believe. For a (rare) TV example of a Family Adventure Series, it moves along at a good clip with enough intriguing elements to hold my interest.

Anyone else watching it?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2011 1:22:33 PM PST
Brandy says:
I stopped watching it after a few episodes. Thought is was kind of boring and I wasn't impressed by the effects. Has it gotten better?

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 1:37:52 PM PST
I dropped off watching "Terra Nova" for awhile too. But they seem to be hitting their stride, with more complex and adult storylines, and less cutesy kids and hormonal-teenagers.

I checked the ratings. They keep coming in third in that time slot on Mondays, with about a 7 million viewers. So I hope it sticks around for awhile.

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 5:02:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2011 5:06:13 PM PST
marilyn please stop talking to god. he doesn't like you. you know he put call block on everytime he sees its you. btw....have you missed me? i was in texas last week and tried to find you, but happy acres isnt listed anywhere.
bummer!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 4:02:40 AM PST
Ronald Craig says:
(Didn't you mean, more Complex and Adult Storylines™, and less Cutesy Kids™ and Hormonal-Teenagers™?)

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 9:14:30 AM PST
Gene Bivins says:
The show needs slightly less expenditure on FX and more on ABC's.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 1:31:34 PM PST
Freethinker says:
The mom & teen daughter are well-cast. They look so much alike, they could actually be related.

Still waiting for the big emo scene when the daughter's bf suggests they have a threesome with her mom. Watch for it around sweeps time.

Posted on Dec 10, 2011 6:10:05 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2011 11:12:23 AM PST
Picardfan007 says:
I was kind of turned off by the concept. To me it's like Jurassic Park meets Gilligan's Island or Lost. I read Star Trek's Brannon Braga is a writer /Producer. Is he still there? It's kind of sad that we have to watch a program with a throwback to the dionsaur era. Says a lot for the thinking behind it. If it was a TV version of JP, it's going in the lost sea of failed sci fi programs. I don't know how the executives expect us to embrace this stuff.

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 1:41:01 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2011 1:41:31 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2011 3:03:00 PM PST
Ronald Craig says:
You could also view it as symbolic of the let's-crap-up-this-planet-then-escape viewpoint. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2011 3:33:51 PM PST
M. Helsdon says:
"Once again, this is a Family Adventure show with some interesting SF elements, and is not hard-core SF. And tomorrow night is their Season Finale" and you will obey or be EEXXTTEERRMMIINNAATTEEDD!

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 2:18:57 PM PST
Well, yes.... i am watching it. I like it, enough to DVR it, anyways.

Posted on Dec 15, 2011 6:56:48 AM PST
Lena -

The ratings of last Monday's are holding steady: third in that time period (meaning it beat out one of the Big Three networks), with about 7 million viewers.

I was mistaken about the Finale. That is a two hour episode next Monday (12/19), with bad guys from the future and a major war over the settlement.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science Fiction forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  289
Initial post:  Sep 11, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions