Customer Discussions > Science Fiction forum

'Star Wars' Characters Who Deserve Solo Film

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 15, 2013 7:31:40 AM PST
Now that Disney chief Bob Iger has confirmed that we will get Star Wars filmsoutside of the main episodes, which center on the Skywalker family, let's take a look at some characters who deserve their own films.

For the list, visit: http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2013/02/top-10-star-wars-characters-who-deserve-solo-films

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 7:55:55 AM PST
L. Alexander says:
I don't want to look at a list: I think a film just about Yogurt, especially way back in his days as a Knight, could be most impressive.

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 8:06:36 AM PST
K. Rowley says:
"'Star Wars' Characters Who Deserve Solo Film"

Bollux and Blue Max

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 10:33:35 AM PST
Fullme7al says:
I think Yoda, Boba Fett, and Solo are set to have their own movies. Also, it's been reported today that Harisson Ford will play Solo in the new movie coming out.

Posted on Feb 18, 2013 5:39:32 AM PST
W.T. says:
Supposedly, Ewan Macgregor is pushing hard for a stand-alone Obi-Wan Kenobi adventure set during the desert years on Tatooine. When the star is that enthusiastic and the idea is a great one, it ought to happen!

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 3:21:24 PM PST
Greggorio! says:
I am unable to make a sensible contribution at the minute because the more i read about your ideas, the more i begin to hyperventilate. :-)

Posted on Feb 19, 2013 7:46:23 PM PST
Tom Rogers says:
I'd like to see something on the order of Tales from Jabba's Palace (Star Wars) (Book 2) done up as a movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2013 9:59:08 PM PST
Old Rocker says:
I'd like to see that. The movies never delve into what happened to Obi-Wan during that time.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 3:17:38 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
Am I the only onw who wants a Jar Jar Binks movie? I am aren't I? Naw I'm jus tplaying. Obi-Wan would be cool.

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 9:58:04 AM PST
I'd think with all the novels about him, Wedge Antilles would be a good choice. (Not that I've read said novels, but I've always been impressed that he managed to survive all three films of the original trilogy without being a main character.)

Posted on Feb 24, 2013 2:53:56 PM PST
Ciel 1101 says:
Han Solo, hands down. I'd like to see a movie about him.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2013 9:12:03 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
Question is, a young or old Solo?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 2:15:46 PM PST
Greggorio! says:
well it has to be oldish Han Solo it we are talking Episode VII?
or am i wrong?

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 2:23:41 PM PST
Rev. Otter says:
a film about Chewbacca playing Kashyyykball in his awkward teenage years.

it'll be an underdog, cinderella-story called "Let the Wookiee Win".

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 10:24:29 AM PDT
W.T. says:
So would an all-Wookie movie have subtitles, or would the audience have to figure out what's happening without dialogue, ala "The Quest for Fire"?

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 2:37:39 PM PDT
Fullme7al says:
Well, I don't know if anyone here liked the clone wars show on cartoon network but I'll say it anyways. The studio isn't working on anymore episodes and will focus on different characters. also, the comedy one that was being made wiht Seth Green is also on hold.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 5:02:15 PM PDT
Chet Fakir says:
I wish someone would take the prequels, burn every copy and redo them completely, rewriting the plot to be more adult, and more Anakin and his turning to the dark side centric. No Quigon, no stupid pod race, no mealy brat, no Jar Jar, no mealy brat making C-3PO, no Jake Lloyd, no Hayden Christensen, no George Lucas. The movie(s) should have started with Anakin as a young teenager. There I've said it. No characters deserve a solo movie. Well, maybe Jaba.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2013 9:11:49 PM PDT
R. Wilde says:
"Am I the only onw who wants a Jar Jar Binks movie?"

How about Han and Chewbacca going to Kashykk to celebrate some Wookie holiday... maybe "Life Day" or something? Release it around Christmas and I'm sure you'd have a hit.

Posted on Mar 11, 2013 9:14:07 PM PDT
jabba the hut as sumo wrestler who loses weight and wins olympic marathon

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 12, 2013 8:43:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2013 8:44:50 AM PDT
W.T. says:
I have to say that while I actually liked the prequels, I recently watched the "Phantom edit" versions of Episodes 1 and 2, and they were much better than the theatrical releases. Had those versions been the official releases, both would be considered among the better movies in the series. Particularly that version of "The Phantom Menace" feels very much like the original Star Wars in terms of tone and pacing. It's amazing how just removing unnecessary visual effects, replacing a few "deleted" scenes, toning down the juvenile Anakin "yipee" dialogue and removing a few of Jar Jar's comedic routines could totally change the movie.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science Fiction forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Feb 15, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions