Customer Discussions > Science Fiction forum

Announcement

New Star Wars Release: The Jedi Path now available. Read the author's insider notes...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 30, 2010 12:25:00 PM PDT
AmazonEncore says:
(AMAZON OFFICIAL)
In ancient times...students of the Force possessed a most valuable book, passed from Master to Padawan. After the destruction of the Jedi temple, only one copy survived. It is now passed on to you.

The highly anticipated Star Wars release, The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force, is now available on Amazon.com. Read author Daniel Wallace's insider notes about writing the book, which were just posted on Amazon's Omnivoracious blog (http://www.omnivoracious.com/2010/09/traveling-the-jedi-path-with-author-daniel-wallace.html) and be sure to check out The Jedi Path (and its mechanized vault!) on the product page for more details, trailers, and photos.

Posted on Nov 12, 2010 6:21:18 AM PST
J. Dean says:
I've several family and friends who are more than likely salivating at the mouth for this! My only gripe is that they've not yet invented a real lightsaber for people to use; it'd be pretty handy aroudnd the house.

Hmmm... Christmas is coming, let's see who's been naughty and who's been nice...

J. Dean, Author, The Summoning of Clade Josso: The First Descent into the Vein and The Summoning of Old Velt: The Second Descent into the Vein (The World of the Vein)

Posted on Nov 17, 2010 5:42:44 PM PST
T. J. Cook says:
Question: Does Mr. Lucas bless off on these jedi works? I understand that permissions are granted for some writings, my query is to the depth of his involvement. Did he coach the writer through some of the ideas or is this an independent thought item?

The Sword And The Light (The Chronicles Of Zayin and Uri: Book One) (Shameless plug)

Posted on Dec 1, 2010 11:37:34 AM PST
Does this mean I too can be a Jedi in ten easy steps?

Posted on May 7, 2011 1:04:47 PM PDT
W. Westphal says:
Star Wars is awesome,the best sci-fiction ever.

Posted on May 10, 2011 12:28:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2011 9:57:53 PM PDT
This has been an announcement for seven months. Can we take it down please?

..12 days later... can we take it down yet?

...2 months later... can we can take it down yet?

Posted on May 12, 2011 5:01:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 13, 2011 4:30:44 AM PDT
Jed Fisher says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 24, 2011 1:08:39 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jul 3, 2011 8:15:41 PM PDT
I love Star Wars. Just finished reading The Zygan Emprise by Yolanda Pascal, 99 cents on Kindle. George Lucas, film this book.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2011 3:51:55 AM PDT
Joe Bailey says:
This is SO cool, I've been looking for something like this ever since I started reading the Jedi Apprentice books when I was 12. Awesomeness.

Posted on Aug 30, 2011 7:29:31 AM PDT
Roger Elwell says:
Amazon is okay to publicise a book through the forums, but independent authors aren't...?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2011 10:36:08 PM PDT
Kodai Okuda says:
It was posted on September 30th 2010.
Meaning that it's nearly a year old, thus it is "grandfathered" and not subject to the new EULA rules.
Which is pretty convient when you think about it.

Posted on Sep 24, 2011 5:20:46 AM PDT
Yoda was a sith...thats all you need to know.

Obi wan new hope:Only the sith deal in absolutes.
Yoda empire strikes back:do, or do not there is no try.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 4, 2011 9:19:38 AM PDT
Kevin K. says:
Yawn...why not tried to learn real martial arts instead?

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 6:50:43 AM PDT
Dave says:
Oh my oh my - the expanded universe just keeps getting dumber and dumber...

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 6:15:52 PM PST
summerdog says:
I'm waiting for JEDI FOR DUMMIES book to come out.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2012 2:21:32 PM PDT
Ciel 1101 says:
I agree with you on that.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2012 4:55:48 AM PDT
Kevin K. says:
If you truly want to be a samurai (jedi knight) and learn the way of chi or ki (the force), try reading THE BOOK OF FIVE RINGS by Japan's greatest and most famous swordsman Miyamoto Musashi. You just might come away with the an enlightened view of life as well as nothing but contempt for George Lucas.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2012 2:40:12 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 14, 2012 9:12:01 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 6:37:20 PM PDT
Carma Chan says:
My son would love this. He has been Star Wars crazy since he saw The Phantom Menace when it first came to theaters.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2012 11:01:44 PM PDT
Iola says:
Both of the reviews are highly unreliable, as they are by one-review wonders with blank profiles. Or did you write them under fake accounts? Because if you are happy to self-promote in the discussions despite that being against Amazon's Terms of Service, you obviously won't have a problem with self-reviewing, despite that being against the Reviewing Guidelines.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2012 9:14:52 PM PDT
lombi says:
Check out a new beginning to a series, The Birth of Races by Katalin Nagy

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 4:20:22 PM PDT
http://technabob.com/blog/2012/08/30/life-sized-darth-vader-cake-use-the-forks-luke/

USE THE FORK, LUKE!

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 10:16:43 AM PDT
My name is Luke Skywalker, and I'm here to save you from web nannies.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 7:12:36 AM PST
Pretty sad when Amazon violates its own TOS. Sure, they technically have a right to, but it still smacks of hypocrisy: "don't promote any books here, keep it clear of spam - except for ours!" Sure makes us indies feel like part of the team! Go team! yay...
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Science Fiction forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science Fiction forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Sep 30, 2010
Latest post:  Apr 26, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions