Customer Discussions > Science Fiction forum

Global warming is nothing but a hoax and a scare tactic

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 650 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 22, 2012 9:30:30 AM PST
Treehugger© says:
its the overall water vapor all over the globe that matters most, just as the co2 is well mixed over the globe.

not real difficult to grasp

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 9:34:53 AM PST
Treehugger© says:
the high Lemming count explains this: predators would otherwise raid snowy owl nests if it were not for the high Lemming count so the offspring survivablity increases. The Snowy Owl migrates south anyway as they are seen in the lower 48 every winter. Question is why the high lemming counts? most rodent populations are cyclical

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 10:31:36 AM PST
Truthseeker says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 10:33:29 AM PST
Truthseeker says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 11:21:43 AM PST
Treehugger© says:
I found some places had many Snowy Owls. Unbelieveable?

who said that?

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 11:24:50 AM PST
Treehugger© says:
"Holt and other owl experts say the phenomenon is likely linked to lemmings, a rodent that accounts for 90 percent of the diet of snowy owls during breeding months that stretch from May into September. The largely nocturnal birds also prey on a host of other animals, from voles to geese.

An especially plentiful supply of lemmings last season likely led to a population boom among owls that resulted in each breeding pair hatching as many as seven offspring. That compares to a typical clutch size of no more than two, Holt said.

Greater competition this year for food in the Far North by the booming bird population may have then driven mostly younger, male owls much farther south than normal."

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 11:25:46 AM PST
Treehugger© says:
you knew about the Lemmings yet you lie about it, Lie like it's second nature for you

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 11:35:04 AM PST
Truthseeker says:
TH: "who said that?"

Please learn how to read:
http://news.yahoo.com/snowy-owls-soar-south-arctic-rare-mass-migration-175336821.html

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 11:36:34 AM PST
Truthseeker says:
TH: "you knew about the Lemmings yet you lie about it, Lie like it's second nature for you"

Only serial liars here are the AGWers. Look below, I did mention Lemmings, but it is the lying AGWers who come up with some bizarro explanation that lemmings are some kinda new species that never existed before. LOL.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 11:37:12 AM PST
Truthseeker says:
So thre were no lemmings in previous years?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 11:37:47 AM PST
Truthseeker says:
"Greater competition this year for food in the Far North"

How come? Doesn't a warmer weather result in more food? LOL

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 11:40:06 AM PST
Truthseeker says:

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 11:45:41 AM PST
Treehugger© says:
so whats your explanation of the owls invasion?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 11:50:29 AM PST
Treehugger© says:
you were sure Snowy Owls never went into the lower 48 until this winter. So wrong

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 12:41:46 PM PST
Truthseeker says:

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 3:33:28 PM PST
Treehugger© says:
Heaping lies with lies. You said they never come to the lower 48. You said they were driven south by cold. But the truth is there's a great number of the as a result of the peak in the population cycle of the lemmings. I googled 'cyclical population of Lemmings and got over a million results. Don't try to cover your lies they stink too much!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 3:36:00 PM PST
Treehugger© says:
After I proved they enter the lower 48 annually you disappeared. Now you lie about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 3:38:30 PM PST
Treehugger© says:
You didn't answer my question why they come south?

Posted on Feb 22, 2012 4:16:36 PM PST
Ron Reagan says:
The whole AGW arguement is being made by morons. Why? The greenhouse effect is a myth. 75% of the planet is oceans, what happens when water gets warmed by sunlight it heats up and water vapor goes into the air creating clouds which block sunlight So 75% of planet has a cooling effect and 25% actual is effected by the greenhouse effect(i.e. heating and reradiating UV radiation) net effect I don't know but common sense tells me it is probably at best a wash or one of natures control mechanisms.
2. Each large volcanic eruption produces millions of tons of SO2 which is a stronger greenhouse gas than CO2 i.e. each major eruption produces more SO2 than mankind has in its entire history and there is a major eruption on the average every 5 years
3 Al Gore got his degree in english at an ivy league school not noted for a good science dept, I got degrees in chemical engineering and medical technology at a technological university Who has the better qualifications? PS When I got my first degree in the late 60s they were claiming we were in a mini ice age. Times change but facts don't

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 8:00:16 PM PST
Someone gets in an edit war on Wikipedia and gives up so that's a bigger problem than man-made climate change? Odd thing to say.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 10:42:20 PM PST
A customer says:
E. Vader - "Very hot but is it arid?"

DON'T CHANGE THE SUBJECT. I asked you: Why are most EXISTING arid regions found where the air is warmer and can hold more water vapour?

"Most arid regions are around 30-40N or 30-40S. And why? Because of something called Trade Winds, that needs to exist on top of hot temperatures."

No, it's mainly because the Hadley cells descend at 30° North and South.

"But there are many factors affecting local weather and climate"

Good. Then you admit that simplistic insinuations like "So why did the IPCC also predict more floods?" are dishonest and misleading.

"So a simplistic one-liner homily like "warm air holds more water" is symbolic of the junk that constitutes the garbage of AGW."

No, it is straighforward physics. Do not confuse your failure to understand simple concepts like feedbacks with your failure to understand complex ones like the relationship between warming and flooding. It's only you that is confused.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 10:43:54 PM PST
A customer says:
E. Vader - "No, that's called weather. "

Ah, that's today's word for a correct prediction, then. Funny how the European cold snap was still climate, eh?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 10:46:22 PM PST
A customer says:
Treehugger© - "not real difficult to grasp "

Not difficult for a person of normal intelligence, certainly.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 10:47:58 PM PST
A customer says:
E. Vader - "I pointed out some facts that showed how ridiculous the initial simpleton statement that "warmer air holds more moisture" is to explain drought"

But no-one said it explained drought, did they? That's you lying AGAIN.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2012 10:49:53 PM PST
A customer says:
E. Vader - "Doesn't a warmer weather result in more food?"

It results in more owls. As was already explained to you in exceedingly simple terms.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science Fiction forum
Participants:  103
Total posts:  650
Initial post:  Feb 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions