Posted on Jun 26, 2014 5:23:30 AM PDT
Tom Rogers says:
remember, July 30 is Sharknado II day.

Posted on Jun 6, 2014 6:31:25 AM PDT
Tom Rogers says:
The countdown to Sharknado II commences

Posted on Dec 7, 2013 1:39:35 AM PST
Fullme7al says:
Jj? The announcement if Xmen Apocalypse in 2016 has me real excited for the Xmen movie franchise. Its about time Apocalypse is on the big screen.

Posted on Dec 6, 2013 5:11:50 PM PST
D. Vicks says:
I heard JJ is making another STAR TREK Film.

Posted on Dec 5, 2013 11:07:17 AM PST
Fullme7al says:
Spiderman 2 trailer is up.

http://io9.com/the-amazing-spider-man-2-trailer-is-pretty-legitimately-1477072240

Three villians again, but i dont really care for either one. I'm more interested in the whole mystery surroundind peters dad. Im guessing the metal rhino will get beaten by electro.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2013 7:47:23 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
I saw it on netflix too. Lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2013 10:59:41 AM PST
M. Helsdon says:
Two before the credits, and one afterwards.

Posted on Nov 11, 2013 12:31:35 AM PST
Sharknado on PRIME NOW!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2013 12:29:04 AM PST
Are there two final scenes as on the Avengers

Posted on Nov 9, 2013 10:18:27 AM PST
M. Helsdon says:
Thor: The Dark World, decidedly sci fi trappings, and doesn't take itself too seriously. Saw it last week in the UK (in 2D) and recognised a few locations in the East End of London. Entertaining, but you have to wait until after the credits for the final final scene.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2013 10:00:22 AM PST
Ronald Craig says:
I found the queen quite beautiful, to be honest. ;)

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 1:59:40 PM PST
P. Quijada says:
Thanks for letting me know, CivWar64. I will make plans to see it now while still on the big screen.

Posted on Nov 7, 2013 12:24:08 PM PST
PQ,

Actually, I thought the Formic communication was well done in the movie. It was brief, but there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2013 8:50:13 AM PST
P. Quijada says:
I haven't seen the movie yet but the book is in my top 5 sci-fi novels of all time, mostly because of how the Formics are finally able to communicate to Ender, since that sets up all of the sequels (I like "Speaker for the Dead" even better than Ender's Game, though I know I'm in a minority there). I'm afraid that the movie will gloss over or omit altogether the communication scene, in which case the movie just becomes a war movie, to my mind.

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 6:23:39 PM PST
I haven't read the book. My niece has, and she recommends it.

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 10:54:46 AM PST
I saw it last weekend and really enjoyed it. My wife has never read the book and she liked it too. I thought they could have used an extra battle in the battle room, and an extra space battle to set up the planet battle, but they were pretty faithful to the book. I also thought they could have had an extra 'mind game' scene as you didn't quite get how frustrated Ender was at the poison goblets with the giant. Also though they had Mazer state that he was Ender's enemy when he first meets him, I thought that he should have said right then that he was running all of the simulations. Ender only really says that near the end, unless I missed it earlier on.

The only big hang ups I had were Bonzo being a head shorter than Ender, and that Mazer doesn't specifically state (as in the novel) that only he and Ender have ever spotted the pattern of the alien mother ship in the middle of the swarm, since I thought that was a big concept in the book. But I still enjoyed the movie and it was worth going to.

Posted on Nov 6, 2013 6:47:00 AM PST
OK. Thanks, I wouldn't want to go in thinking it was THE focus, and it's barely there. Now I expect it to be barely there, so I can enjoy what little there is.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2013 6:32:09 AM PST
K. Rowley says:
"There's durned little of it out there."

Just keep in mind, that there is durn little of it in the movie too...

Posted on Nov 5, 2013 6:47:38 PM PST
OK I'm gonna have to see itl It doesn't have to be big screen and it sure doesn't have to be IMAX, but I do want to see some zero-G combat stuff. There's durned little of it out there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2013 6:35:34 AM PDT
K. Rowley says:
"Worth seeing on the big screen. :) "

I paid extra and saw it on an IMAX screen (with an really loud sound system). You're right the zero-G training area gave me a bit of vertigo with the camera rotating against the rotating background..

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2013 6:28:03 AM PDT
Ronald Craig says:
Saw it last night, too. It's nice eye candy. I got caught up enough in the action (zero-G combat scenes!) to ignore the (major) plot holes (since I've only read the original short story--and don't remember much about it--not the book or any of the sequels, I can't say whether they were book or script problems) until after it was over. The ending was kinda unsatisfying for me.

Worth seeing on the big screen. :)

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 5:04:55 AM PDT
K. Rowley says:
Saw the Ender's Game movie last night.. Wasn't bad - faithful to the book as far as they could be in a 2 hour movie. People who haven't read the book might not like it as much.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2013 2:12:32 PM PDT
He sold all the rights to Disney and retired from Star Wars.

Posted on Oct 6, 2013 6:43:52 PM PDT
I might have to wait for DVD, which means I'll miss the grand scale and 3D. October can be an expensive month for me.

But theater or DVD, I do intend to see it.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 37 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science Fiction forum
Participants:  63
Total posts:  908
Initial post:  Aug 23, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 29, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions