Customer Discussions > Science Fiction forum

Top 5 Sci-Fi Spacecraft from TV or Film?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 136 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 7, 2010 11:31:18 PM PST
Darn, I forgot about the ship from "Flight of the Navigator" that was one sweet design.

Posted on Feb 7, 2010 11:44:08 PM PST
1. The TARDIS (The new series has added to its awesome)
2. The Liberator - Blake's 7 (the show was never the same w/o this ship)
3. The Heart of Gold - Hitchhiker's Guide
4. The Red Dwarf (before the CG version replaced the model)
5. Serenity - Firefly

Posted on Feb 8, 2010 1:04:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 8, 2010 1:07:07 AM PST
M. Gaudet says:
Millenium Falcon

Starship Enterprise Refit Or A Constitution Class Refit

Luke's X-wing fighter with R2-D2

Space Battleship Yamato (Or Argo to Americans) original from 2199 not the refit from the new movie.

Enterprise E from First Contact. Sovereign Class.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2010 4:03:34 AM PST
M. Bourke says:
The Tardis
Starfighter (from the last starfighter)
Serenity
The Liberator (from Blakes 7)
The original Battlestar Galactica

Posted on Feb 8, 2010 10:22:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 16, 2010 10:13:03 PM PST
JohnJ313 says:
I'll be the third mention of the JUPITER TWO. I even like the sound effects of the ship in motion. I think I knew I'd be disappointed with the movie version when the classic form was discarded after take-off to reveal a less iconic ship.

Posted on Feb 16, 2010 5:38:39 PM PST
My top 5

The White Star Babylon 5
Borg Cube Star Trek TNG, DS9 & VOY
The Excalibur Babylon 5 & Crusade
The Gunstar The Last Starfighter
The Defiant Star Trek DS9 My favorite

Honorable mention for Asgard ship The Jack O'neill from Stargate SG-1

Posted on Feb 26, 2010 7:31:35 AM PST
My top five are

The C-57 from Forbidden planet
The Tardis
Enterprise NCC-1701
Enterprise NCC 1701D

I also would give honorable mention to the Fireball XL5 and the ship from Space Angel as they along with the C-57 got me interested in science fiction before Star Trek.

Posted on Mar 2, 2010 4:41:39 PM PST
Hoo-Zen!! says:
Millenium(?) Falcon and all the super sleek stuff from the prequel Star Wars. See also covers for E E (Doc) Smiths Lensman series and every book cover from 1970's. No brains just Aesthetics. They all just look out there and fast or just out there.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2010 9:05:59 PM PST
C. Sachs says:
Trilobites are quite common. Maybe that was a rare species.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2010 9:12:57 PM PST
C. Sachs says:
I'd say the Salvage I is still cool. I just love the goofy story, rather than all that serious stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2010 9:14:46 PM PST
C. Sachs says:
I was thinking of Flash Gordon, too. Loved the design sense.

Posted on Mar 3, 2010 9:17:52 PM PST
C. Sachs says:
Wasn't there another space ship in Hitchhiker's? The one that had the "Someone Else's Problem" field, that let them park it in the middle of a test match and no one noticed because it was someone else's problem? I swear, that was one brilliant idea, and two decades later, I still go back to it.

Posted on May 20, 2010 5:51:08 PM PDT
W. W. Smith says:
From the final episode of TNG, the future Enterprise with the three nacelles instead of two. Riker takes her vertical and splashes those Klingon ships - woo-wee!
The White Star - definitely cool. And while we're there, how about those fighters? A wearable spacecraft.
Damn, I love that I'm not the only one who loved Space:1999.
Silent Running: Horrible movie. Cool ships. ATV races, anybody? And three cute robots to fix them.

Posted on May 20, 2010 8:23:45 PM PDT
Joshua Young says:
1) The SDF-1 Macross. (Robotech/SDFMacross)
2) Macross Quarter (Macross Frontier)
3) White Stars. (B5)
4) Reimagined Galactica (BSG)
5) Serenity (Firefly.)

Posted on May 20, 2010 9:09:28 PM PDT
horse girl says:
Did anyone not consider Talyn from Farscape, Moya's child?
There are so many great ships from SF shows. I think all the good ones have been named already.

Posted on May 27, 2010 7:15:22 AM PDT
Han Solo's Falcon from Starwars
The Phoenix from "Battle of the Planets" (G-Force)
The Dropships from "Aliens"
Spaceships from "Heavy Metal: The Movie"
Alien ships from "Earth vs. the Flying saucers"

Posted on May 27, 2010 7:26:23 AM PDT
Here's mine in no particular order;
1- The Enterprise all versions.
2- Lexx
3-Red Dwarf and Starbug.
4-Sulaco.
5-The Bebop from Cowboy Bebop.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 12:13:43 AM PDT
DMDutcher says:
I agree with Charles about the Cygnus from the Black Hole. Here's my list in no particular order.

5. Cygnus, Disney's The Black Hole.

4. The Galaxy Express, Galaxy Express 999. It's a space TRAIN. Something about sitting in a train and looking out the window to see the stars as you rise up off the tracks and escape the planet's atmosphere makes me shiver.

3. The gunstar, The Last Starfighter. You know you want to use the Death Blossom

2. A-wing, Star wars. I guess I just like the idea of snub nosed fighters.

1. Alpha fighter, Robotech: The Next Generation. All the Robotech fighters are elegant both as planes and mecha, but I like the boxy look of the Alpha the best.

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 8:07:03 PM PDT
Any, and I mean any, of the various Enterprise variations. But I'm extremely predjudiced on the Star Treks and don't pretend to be anything else.

But my all-time favorite probably is the one from Close Encounters. Because it showed where true genius is different than most of us. You take a perfectly cool spaceship, have it come in slow so you can see it well
AND THEN YOU TURN IT UPSIDE DOWN!!!

How does someone think to do something like that - and it was totally unnecessary.

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 7:26:34 AM PDT
J. Beaver says:
1. All the Earth ships from Space: 1999! Eagles, Hawks, Ultra Probe, Meta Probe, Voyager 1, Swift, Superswift. They looked the way a spaceship should look, and they all looked like they were the product of the same technology..

2. American Airlines freighter Valley Forge. It was aesthetically pleasing AND believable.

3. USS Cygnus. Abysmal movie, beautiful antique-ish design.

4. Ship of Lights - from classic BSG.

5. Shadow vessels from B5. Unique.

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 6:52:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 27, 2012 6:54:51 AM PDT
W.T. says:
Slave 1 will always be the coolest spaceship ever.

The original BSG Vipers were cool too, if only because they are the only alien spacecraft with a "turbo" button.

Posted on Jul 28, 2012 7:11:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 28, 2012 7:14:13 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
1. The Lost Saucer ~ Fum & Fi & Dorse's Flying Saucer.
2. Buck Rogers in the 25th Century ~ Hawk's Bird of Prey Ship.
3. Doctor Who ~ Rani's Pyramid Tardis.
4. Star Trek IV ~ Whale Probe.
5. Message from Space ~ Galaxy Runner

Posted on Jul 29, 2012 6:39:33 AM PDT
Dragi Raos says:
Nobody mentioned Venture Star from Avatar?

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 7:39:29 AM PDT
The Dark Star from Dark Star, running out of toilet paper and complete with talking, solipsistic thermostellar bomb.

Posted on Jul 31, 2012 7:57:57 AM PDT
Jacob says:
Let's see top five space craft. Here goes:

1. The Liberator from Blake's 7. Not only was it an alien craft but it was the fastest thing out there in the entire galaxy for nearly thee quarters of the series run.

2. The Red Dwarf from the series of the same name. It was a minning ship working through the solar system housing over two thousand crew memebers until an accident left one crew memeber alive and trapped in deep space for over three million years. Who wouldn't want a ship that size to live in?

3. Serenity. Not only was it a great ship to travel in space with it was also home to the entire crew since they had no real planet to call thier own. Plus you always felt like the ship was part of crew from the start.

4. The Jupiter Two from Lost in Space not the movie but the tv show. They made a ship that not only housed a family and two others, but also a device called the charoit the robot and were still able to make it fly when the planet they were on was about to be destroyed. Classic

5. Last and certainly not least the TARDIS from Doctor Who. While not really clasified as a spaceship it did travel through time and space. Plus you had so many rooms and places within it the sky was the limit. Provided you can stand how the pilot handled it.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Science Fiction forum
Participants:  114
Total posts:  136
Initial post:  Dec 31, 2008
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions